Is Tracy Barlow ruining Corrie for anyone else?

Frankie_boyFrankie_boy Posts: 147
Forum Member
I always used to go :rolleyes: when someone said they would turn off a show because of one character but Tracy has done this to me and I turned Corrie off at 19.45 tonight because of her and don't have the urge to turn back in anytime soon.

Comments

• TheSlayer10TheSlayer10 Posts: 1,866
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    :yawn::sleep:
  • wallo mr slugwallo mr slug Posts: 9,734
    Forum Member
    She's bringing it down for me. She overtook the whole xmas day episode and it grated on me. Kate Ford is a very weak actress, it was a below par episode. Shame, as Corrie has been must see TV for weeks.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 654
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Nope.
  • Frankie_boyFrankie_boy Posts: 147
    Forum Member
    She's bringing it down for me. She overtook the whole xmas day episode and it grated on me. Kate Ford is a very weak actress, it was a below par episode. Shame, as Corrie has been must see TV for weeks.

Its way too much. I cannot stand her big fake panto grin anymore. Its dire. What the hell were they thinking bringing her back? this is an epic fail.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,714
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm reaally hating it just now because of her. I was reallyreally looking forward to her return, I liked her before.. But she's really getting on my wick.
    Saying that I'm liking her a little more tonight, I like her and Steve's scenes. Its her fighting everyone else thats annoying me.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,714
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Actually, one good thing has come of her return. Leanne is just getting better and better
  • Shazla09Shazla09 Posts: 29,336
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She's making me consider watching Celebrity Mastermind
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,207
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yes. I can't stand the character.

Maybe it wouldn't be so bad if the actress who played her could actually act.
  • Stupid_HeadStupid_Head Posts: 37,826
    Forum Member
    Gold_Fish wrote: »
    Yes. I can't stand the character.

Maybe it wouldn't be so bad if the actress who played her could actually act.

Indeed, I normally like the bitchy characters but I just can't with her. She's an awful actress.
  • jjesso123jjesso123 Posts: 5,944
    Forum Member
    Yes she should of been impaled by the tram.
  • LYNN(E)LYNN(E) Posts: 1,586
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Its way too much. I cannot stand her big fake panto grin anymore. Its dire. What the hell were they thinking bringing her back? this is an epic fail.

Yes that mouth has got a life of its own !!:D
    Can't understand how there can be insuffcient evidence as Charlies head was caved in
    Surely if she doesn't die after the attack she'll be back behind bars - please !!
  • Sally LinzSally Linz Posts: 706
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yep - she's ruining it for me!! Kate Ford's attempts at acting are painful to watch.

In the hands of a better actress the character might be a lot more bearable.

I see they're also signposting the forthcoming attack on Tracy by having her be nasty to absolutely everyone for no reason. It's this kind of writing that lets Corrie down. A 5 year old could probably write a better script.
  • alxnealxne Posts: 488
    Forum Member
    I was enjoying it till the moment she turned up, pathetic.
  • lozzerbozzerlozzerbozzer Posts: 5,026
    Forum Member
    i've never, ever turned off corrie even when it's been dire but i really cannot stand the Tracy scenes.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    lol I just laugh at all the Tracy haters as no matter how much you all moan about her she's still gonna be there for the forseeable future.
  • Sally LinzSally Linz Posts: 706
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    lol I just laugh at all the Tracy haters as no matter how much you all moan about her she's still gonna be there for the forseeable future.
    That doesn't mean viewers have to like her.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I hate the bitch, but it's not enough for me to turn Corrie off. Not when it's so great under PC's control.
  • zombie woofzombie woof Posts: 6,906
    Forum Member
    I'm enjoying it
  • SteveOwenSteveOwen Posts: 30,430
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She's definitely dragging it down, unfortunately.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 274
    Forum Member
    She's ruining it more than every other character has but I would find it hard to stop watching. Not enjoying her scenes - the character is totally unbelievable even for soapland. When Leanne pointed out that Peter nearly died in the crash, Tracy said 'so?'.

Who would ever behave like that?! Poorly thought out by the writers.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,258
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I wouldn't dream of switching off just because I didn't like particular characters.. unless I knew for certain there was a Dev Alahan/Eddie Windass twohander on the cards :D

But I'd say Tracy's scenes today were pretty hit and miss. Some worked, but some really, really didn't - e.g. "one nil".
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 147
    Forum Member
    I was scared to write my post in case TheSlayer10 has a go at me :rolleyes::o:D:p

I haven't watched corrie in a while but started again just before the tram crash, for me it was unmissable TV and now Tracy/Kate have completely ruined it for me, Kate Ford cannot act, she's OTT and not in a good way, her lines a forced and she's just an annoying character in general. I was just starting to get into aswell lol but I don't think I'll watch again...
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I was scared to write my post in case TheSlayer10 has a go at me :rolleyes::o:D:p

:rolleyes:
  • Reality SucksReality Sucks Posts: 28,538
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's definitely gone down hill. Tracey has hijacked the show. Hardly any of the others are getting a look in. It's like a different show to the one i was watching last week.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Everyone who turns off because of Tracy will miss her being attacked, which should bring some satisfaction to people.