Best Episode of WHO

13»

Comments

• spiney2spiney2 Posts: 27,058
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    best ever Who was The War Games.

despite 10 episodes the story just keeps steadily going, withouf flagging or sagging, towards the climax.

several different plots, all interesting, woven together very cleverly

most important ever story since it introduces the time lords (had been known for some time that the dr is not human)

minimal special effects. since its all plot and atmosphere. as good drama should be. in particular, the insides of the renegade tardises are little more than plasterboard and bubblewrap !

superb acting all round. pat troughtons last story and by this time he had the dr "well nailed". and philip madoc in his best sinister psychpath mode .......

a natural climax and tuurning point in dr who as it was the end of his 6 years wandering around aimlessly without knowing tardis destination ......... dr who then changed not least because colour production meant alien landscapes wd be less convincing in a tiny tv studio ......
  • JohnnyForgetJohnnyForget Posts: 24,061
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    spiney2 wrote: »
    best ever Who was The War Games.

most important ever story since it introduces the time lords

Sure the most important story ever is "An Unearthly Child" as it introduces the Doctor (and the Tardis). :)
  • inspector drakeinspector drake Posts: 910
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Classic:

My favourite classic who story has got to be The Daleks. A superbly written, atmospheric and dark story. I always wonder what everyone felt on the original airing when the came face to face with everyones favourite pepperpots.

New:

My favourite Nu Who story has got to be The Time of the Doctor. A fantastic finale to Matt Smith, as well as an appropriate introduction to Peter Capaldi. The regeneration was a masterpiece. While I considered the 50th Anniversary special to be amazing, somehow Moffat managed to outdo it.

Although neither of these two are my outright favourite whoniverse stories.