World Wrestling Entertainment Discussion XXV (Spoilers)

Comments

• Steveaustin316Steveaustin316 Posts: 15,779
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Who would have thought back in 1997 when Kane made his debut that his WWE career would have lasted so long.

He's main evented at least one PPV in each year since 1998.
  • COTTONHEATCOTTONHEAT Posts: 12,040
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    With Paul Heyman as Brock Lesnar's representative, could WWE see the return of the "Dangerous Alliance?

but who would you like to see in the Alliance
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,505
    Forum Member
    On WrestleTalk they're talking about some comments Nash made lately, regarding Benoit/Eddie and WM 20 being the end of wrestling or something. Anyway, does anyone know when the interview is from? recently or a while ago?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,011
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think they are from Nash's twitter recently. Don't quote me on that though.
  • KieranDSKieranDS Posts: 16,545
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    On WrestleTalk they're talking about some comments Nash made lately, regarding Benoit/Eddie and WM 20 being the end of wrestling or something. Anyway, does anyone know when the interview is from? recently or a while ago?

http://www.grantland.com/story/_/id/8241536/wrestling-star-kevin-nash-making-headway-hollywood-keeps-night
    Forum Member
    Thanks :) Seems that coincided with the Olympics, explains why i missed it. Typical Nash then, same old.
  • Biffo the BearBiffo the Bear Posts: 25,859
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    QWERTYOP wrote: »
    I'm in the minority it seems, but I can't be doing with the team friendship thing.

Daniel Bryan is an amazing technical wrestler, and they've got him doing some Santino style comedy stuff, and Kane (IMO) is at his best when he's a genuine evil monster setting people on fire and making small children cry.

Yeah I'm feeling that too.

The whole 'I'm the tag-team champions' was funny for a night. Now they're just doing it over and over and over and I'm like.. pffff.
  • pembo2004pembo2004 Posts: 4,096
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    jim ross have confrmed he and sir michael cole will do raw this week
  • JCRJCR Posts: 24,028
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    pembo2004 wrote: »
    jim ross have confrmed he and sir michael cole will do raw this week

Bad news for JR if he has to do the October 1st one, which is in Oklahoma City. Though maybe they'd be nervous about being seen to bully him the month before the election, (even if they claimed it was just an angle). Or maybe not.
  • pembo2004pembo2004 Posts: 4,096
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    JCR wrote: »
    Bad news for JR if he has to do the October 1st one, which is in Oklahoma City. Though maybe they'd be nervous about being seen to bully him the month before the election, (even if they claimed it was just an angle). Or maybe not.

they wont risk it being this close to the election
  • steven1977steven1977 Posts: 3,968
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Who would have thought back in 1997 when Kane made his debut that his WWE career would have lasted so long.

He's main evented at least one PPV in each year since 1998.

Yeah the best gimmick he has done. I didnt mind his run as Diesel but it never really had a point. Wanted Big Kev to come back and destroy the imposter.
  • QWERTYOPQWERTYOP Posts: 6,878
    Forum Member
    ags_rule wrote: »
    But I think that's why it's so effective, from Kane's perspective anyway. He's being forced to be something he isn't - that's why the anger management skit was genius, because you've got this absolute freak of a human being just cast into a setting he is totally uncomfortable with. Now he's being forced to work in a team with someone who clearly annoys the living daylights out of him :D

Really, the Kane "monster" angle has been overdone so many times, and WWE have continually dropped the ball with it. His initial run after losing his mask was one of the best angles of the last decade IMO, but then that all went down the shitter by involving him in marriage angles with Edge.

But this is like his millionth face turn. It might have been effective the first time, now it's just old to me. Kane has been switched from heel to face more than anybody else that I can remember. i just think it's got ridiculous now. He's become a parody of himself IMO. In another couple of months he'll be back to burning people alive... and then playing a pretend trombone with Santino the week after.

I think the Kane character has done everything it possibly can. Several times.
  • WillbertWillbert Posts: 1,090
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    But this is like his millionth face turn. It might have been effective the first time, now it's just old to me. Kane has been switched from heel to face more than anybody else that I can remember. i just think it's got ridiculous now. He's become a parody of himself IMO. In another couple of months he'll be back to burning people alive... and then playing a pretend trombone with Santino the week after.

Big Show.
  • ags_ruleags_rule Posts: 19,388
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Try making a guaranteed future HOFer and Attitude-Era staple like Kane a heel. Just isn't going to happen, especially now that he has the mask back.
  • vampirekvampirek Posts: 4,022
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Thats one of the beauties of the character of Kane, he just can't be a face or heel, nor can he be a comedian or a serious character. Its interchangable, at least with this plot they are again playing with Kane's messed up mind to then continue to form a whole new Kane out of it and so it continues. It makes more sense than the other example of Big Show, who changes between friendly giant to a big nasty giant far too frequent.
  • steven1977steven1977 Posts: 3,968
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Try making a guaranteed future HOFer and Attitude-Era staple like Kane a heel. Just isn't going to happen, especially now that he has the mask back.

If they had done it the right way putting the mask on and making him a monster could of been huge if he had squashed Cena at the rumble.
  • KieranDSKieranDS Posts: 16,545
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    vampirek wrote: »
    Thats one of the beauties of the character of Kane, he just can't be a face or heel, nor can he be a comedian or a serious character. Its interchangable, at least with this plot they are again playing with Kane's messed up mind to then continue to form a whole new Kane out of it and so it continues. It makes more sense than the other example of Big Show, who changes between friendly giant to a big nasty giant far too frequent.

This ^
  • QWERTYOPQWERTYOP Posts: 6,878
    Forum Member

Wait a few months... ;)
  • AJ WheelsAJ Wheels Posts: 2,758
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    "IM THE TAG TEAM CHAMPIONS" is the main attraction for me on wwe tv. Kane and Daniel Bryan are amazing together, and it is soo funny. I absolutely love it. Its just fun.

CM P-blah, give me IM THE TAG TEAM CHAMPIONS, NO IM THE TAG TEAM CHAMPIONS, *together* IM THE TAG TEAM CHAMPIONS for the whole 3 hours please!
  • richie4evarichie4eva Posts: 217,838
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jerry Lawler‏@JerryLawler

Satellite truck and WWE camera crew just arrived at my house. Looking forward to addressing the WWE Universe tonight live on RAW!
  • Harris_07Harris_07 Posts: 27,953
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    richie4eva wrote: »
    Jerry Lawler‏@JerryLawler

Satellite truck and WWE camera crew just arrived at my house. Looking forward to addressing the WWE Universe tonight live on RAW!

I'm looking forward to this. After seeing some pictures and videos of him since his heart attack, he seems to be in a good, sociable, talkative way. I thought he might have been in a really poor, weak and feeble state like Bobby Heenan (:(). Thankfully, that was not the case,
    Forum Member
    Yeah, Kane didn't really get much heat when he brought the mask back etc recently.

Seems people just don't want to boo him for whatever reason, mainly because of who he is...

Now that he is building more support lately, the next turn may be more successful if they do it right.

Let's face it, the fans were always going to struggle when you pit him against Cena as a first opponent.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,055
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I except Jerry to get a huge pop from the crowd tonight. Maybe the biggest pop of the year so far.
  • richie4evarichie4eva Posts: 217,838
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Good morning to those staying up for Raw
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 929
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Morning all!

It appears that AJ went to the same school of officials for replacements/backups that the NFL did.
This discussion has been closed.