Options

EE- Just over a year since Jodie left :(

IanMandyIanMandy Posts: 14,893
Forum Member
✭✭
I loved Jodie can't believe its a year yesterday since she left. She is what EE needs, if LN wants more warmth bring back Jodie! Her and Poppy were great:D

Goodbye Jodie

Would you welcome a return for Jodie? 71 votes

Yes
22%
LaneKentLiamforkingSillyBillyGoatNeomysterio[Deleted User]Jells Bells[Deleted User]endersandoaks[Deleted User]IanMandy[Deleted User][Deleted User]valeriya1Adsie1989[Deleted User]dale0693 16 votes
No
39%
[Deleted User][Deleted User][Deleted User][Deleted User]Keller[Deleted User][Deleted User]cat's whiskas[Deleted User]Mr Jazzman[Deleted User]KathyFan12O-J[Deleted User]Doctor Benchjboy2k8[Deleted User][Deleted User]sarahcadhillJoe_Zel 28 votes
Maybe
16%
Selena[Deleted User][Deleted User]emmageering[Deleted User][Deleted User]felixrexEEforest[Deleted User][Deleted User]SMIDSYmk2[Deleted User] 12 votes
Who cares?
21%
Soozycat[Deleted User]Slow_Loris[Deleted User]andreas_eastendIphigeniaJ-JGnun20MattehhhftwHyper_Intake[Deleted User][Deleted User]familyguy8904[Deleted User]Lewis26 15 votes

Comments

• Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yes
    Poll soon
  • Options
    SMIDSYmk2SMIDSYmk2 Posts: 7,810
    Forum Member
    Maybe
    She was one of the most attractive people on EE by far.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yes
    Too true!!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 19
    Forum Member
    Who cares?
    What the hell, she was ugly and looks like a pig with that nose...
  • Options
    Scorpio2Scorpio2 Posts: 5,632
    Forum Member
    No way she made people believe Poppy was as annoying as she was but when Poppy returned by herself she proved to be an interesting character.
  • Options
    O-JO-J Posts: 18,860
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    No
    Scorpio2 wrote: »
    No way she made people believe Poppy was as annoying as she was but when Poppy returned by herself she proved to be an interesting character.

this 1000000%
  • Options
    felixrexfelixrex Posts: 7,307
    Forum Member
    Maybe
    Scorpio2 wrote: »

I don't really find the way that Poppy does absolutely nothing but spew the occasional inanely 'charming' irreverent diatribe these days much more 'interesting' than she was with Jodie.

I never minded Jodie; and I particularly liked Darren. The two worked well together.

I didn't mind Poppy either originally, but I think the producers sort of boxed both her and Jodie into a corner. They were obviously a bit of a tongue-in-cheek reference to 'Essex Girls', but I don't think the writers were very good at keeping the balance between their 'gimmick side' and their more credible characterisation, so they ultimately became parody/comedy characters - the same fate that has befallen many of the characters the show has brought in for comic relief lately. When they were given something with more depth to do, I couldn't quite take it seriously because they had been portrayed in such a caricature-ish way previously; so I always found myself waiting for the punchline, or for one of them to say something vacuous and flippant.

It's a shame really, because, other than that, I actually quite liked both of them, especially Jodie. They were a bit silly but I much preferred them to Lauren and Whitney, and I much preferred Jodie and Darren's relationship to the likes of Twitney. They were a bit vacant and shallow, but there was a certain element of maturity to them that is distinctly lacking in the current 'young set'; they all had jobs and some sense of aspiration, and had more to them than sitting around sulking and playing out the old woe-is-me my-parents-are-lyk-soooo0o0o0o0oo-unfair cliche we get from the rest of them.

As it stands, I wouldn't want her to return, because we already have an overwhelming amount of characters in their mid-20s and under. I would be happy with a trade off, however. Cut Alice, Joey, Lauren, Whitney, Tyler and Fatboy and I'd be happy to see Jodie and Darren return in their place. Darren will also be a full time father to George now, so it would be interesting to see him and Jodie back together and working on being responsible young parents.
  • Options
    Black VelvetBlack Velvet Posts: 702
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    No
    I have to admit when I saw the title of this thread and I couldn't remember who the hell Jodie was in the soap.:o
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yes
    I agree with Felix,get rid of the useless ones and bring her back. While not the most 3d of characters, I do agree that despite being the stereotypical blonde, she was 'mature' and even offered sound advice in her own way. If they kept her around for a bit, they could have develped this.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p00hhmdp Jodies character trail
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yes
    Plus, if she came back, I'd like to see her adjust as a stepmother to George considering how hard she found it last time
  • Options
    IphigeniaIphigenia Posts: 8,109
    Forum Member
    Who cares?
    Which one was Jodie?
  • Options
    Dr K NoisewaterDr K Noisewater Posts: 11,637
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    IanMandy wrote: »
    Plus, if she came back, I'd like to see her adjust as a stepmother to George considering how hard she found it last time

I dont think Jodie and Darren ever reunited. Jodie left a couple of months after him with the intention of tracking him down but it was never confirmed if she found him or not. And considering after Heather's death the police and social services had extreme difficulty finding him (it was eventually revealed he was in India) I think we can assume Jodie would have failed.
  • Options
    valeriya1valeriya1 Posts: 289
    Forum Member
    Yes
    the one with the lovely backside
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 58
    Forum Member
    Yes
    I think Jodie should return as landlady of the vic
  • Options
    IzzyInTheHouseIzzyInTheHouse Posts: 4,348
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No
    Please god no! Didn't like her :o
  • Options
    lotty27lotty27 Posts: 17,858
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I have to admit when I saw the title of this thread and I couldn't remember who the hell Jodie was in the soap.:o

Ha! I'm glad it wasn't just me! :D

Nice girl but might have only really registered with the people who fancied her or who she annoyed?
  • Options
    MattehhhftwMattehhhftw Posts: 8,694
    Forum Member
    Who cares?
    Who cares? I know I don't.
  • Options
    LiamforkingLiamforking Posts: 1,641
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yes
    Iphigenia wrote: »
    Which one was Jodie?