Options

Hollyoaks dog fire or bus crash?

Scorpio2Scorpio2 Posts: 5,632
Forum Member
This is the second time Bryan Kirkwood has had an explosive episode that killed off many characters so I have to ask which one was better?

Which explosive Bryan Kirkwood story was better? 67 votes

The Dog fire
35% 24 votes
The bus crash
52% 35 votes
I can't decide
11% 8 votes

Comments

• Options
    essexpeteessexpete Posts: 9,210
    Forum Member
    the bus crash as it was acciidental
  • Options
    Lewis26Lewis26 Posts: 1,435
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I always choose the dog fire in similar polls but the bus crash was great and the deaths were a little more shocking. Dont know if its fair to put a poll up a day after though, bring it up in a few months then people will have a less biased view!

Actually, maddie died this is the best episode ever
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 104
    Forum Member
    I think the bus crash was a much better episode with some fantastic performances from Jacqui, Rhys, Tony and Cindy. Plus it had THAT Maddie moment. I will always remember the Dog Fire though not for the episode itself but how it started with us seeing the body bags lined up but not knowing who had died. Think that was a genius masterstroke by whoever came up with the idea.
  • Options
    jendejende Posts: 21,432
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I remember back then with pub fire, I was really surprised they killed off the twins. I think the Dog fire ,most probably wins it for me, because I was more surprised with who died. Saying that though, think HO did well with both scenarios.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 395
    Forum Member
    The dog fire has always been my favourite episode.. But the bus crash omg forget about the dog fire hahaha! So much emotion and fantastic acting went into the episodes, so many twists too! And Maddie's death.. Just wow! I don't think anyone has died like that on a soap before! If Hollyoaks don't win any awards for these episodes I'll be fuming!
  • Options
    rivercity_rulesrivercity_rules Posts: 24,270
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think Dog Fire was better overall with it being planned, the twins death, the final death reveal through mobile ringtone, and the fact it was familiar setting.

The result of the accident was great, the actual accident though? How did Bart and Esther find them? They didn't decide to go via. Weddings until in the van, is that the only way out of Chester?
    Van skids to side and manages to not only hit the van sized glass on the otherwise bricked building on one side, it somehow straightens up to go directly through the van sized glass on the otherside! The whole thing had a final destination feel to it which I did enjoy, a lot, but on comparison Dog fire wins.

Death wise, I think most people called the deaths, for me, my doubt was whether they'd kill or paralyze maddie, and whether with all the flashbacks, scenes with characters he had storylines in the past with, but not so much recently, like ste, Jacqui and jack, were a lead up to Tonys death.
  • Options
    SpencerLeveySpencerLevey Posts: 1,511
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The dog in the pound fire. When i first watched it way back in 2006, i was gripped and amazed by it. I was literally bawling my eyes out that the twins got killed, along with Olivia and Joe.
  • Options
    NeomysterioNeomysterio Posts: 13,450
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I've surprised myself and opted for the Bus Crash. I think a lot of it is down to Claire Cooper's amazing acting. She needs an award!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 58
    Forum Member
    The bus crash comes very close but I think the dog fire will never be topped.
  • Options
    SelenaSelena Posts: 29,604
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The Dog Fire.
  • Options
    StarryNightStarryNight Posts: 7,289
    Forum Member
    For some reason the Dog fire really didn't make much of an impact on me at all, so 100% the bus crash.