Options

The John James Appreciation Thread (Part 14)

Comments

• Options
    georgyporgygeorgyporgy Posts: 5,680
    Forum Member
    nyannie wrote: »
    Morning all!

Yup, your computer does work georgy. How nice of your 0/h.

Off to London with friends shortly - they are driving - what luxury! Hope everyone has a good day.

Good Morning

It was very nice of him Nyannie
    i was in a bit of a panic,
    thinking oh dear what am i going to do
    how will i talk with everyone
    whose computer will i have to keep borrowing
    and all he said was don,t worry, i will sort it all out
    and get you set up again :D

pleased you had a nice time at the wedding Augusta, and Nyannie have a nice
    day in london :D
  • Options
    augusta92augusta92 Posts: 8,677
    Forum Member
    well done georgy for getting yourself all set up and online so quickly. I love new gadgets but seem to take ages getting my head around how they work!!

wasn't the football last night exctiting. we were supporting Germany so we were very excited when they won the world cup. I don't watch a lot of football, but the occasional match can be great fun...I was on the edge of my seat at times, its quite exciting isn't it!!

now back to calming down after a pretty busy and exciting weekend..
  • Options
    Forum Member
    we are getting a new electric oven to go in a tall cupboard housing on the opposite side of the kitchen, the electrics are now pretty much sorted, so now the housing needs making next weekend.!!

your july 4th celebrations sounded lovely.....nyannie
  • Options
    Forum Member
    augusta92 wrote: »
    well done georgy for getting yourself all set up and online so quickly. I love new gadgets but seem to take ages getting my head around how they work!!

wasn't the football last night exctiting. we were supporting Germany so we were very excited when they won the world cup. I don't watch a lot of football, but the occasional match can be great fun...I was on the edge of my seat at times, its quite exciting isn't it!!

now back to calming down after a pretty busy and exciting weekend..

I would like...... very much to take credit for the whole......
    computer setting up........ thingy :D

but sadly, it was not me......... the boys did it all, they even I clouded me :confused:
    pssss that sound good not quite sure what it means :blush::D
    they even found all my favourite sites and bookmarked them, wasn't that
    nice of them :D

anyway then, they gave me about a 2 hour lesson on all the things i can now do,
    not all of it went in, think some of the info, might off fallen out of my left ear,
    so still on the shouting for help ....... stage...... when something, i've never seen before appears :D

Pleased your kitchen is going well and you have found a nice cooker, hopefully it
    will be finished sooner than later..... good luck with it all :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Loved the footie also
    not sure who i wanted to win...... really

perhaps Argentina because my son drew them in the sweep at work,
    but a very good match up, tight game....kept it interesting :D
  • Options
    nyannienyannie Posts: 8,536
    Forum Member
    Morning

So glad you are up and running georgy. My o/h would have complained that I should know how to do things etc etc. When I need a new laptop I will pay to have the store do everything so that I am up and running immediately.

How are we all?

Off to the gym so bye for now.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Morning

So glad you are up and running georgy. My o/h would have complained that I should know how to do things etc etc. When I need a new laptop I will pay to have the store do everything so that I am up and running immediately.

How are we all?

Off to the gym so bye for now.

Have fun at the gym,
    i have lots to do around the house
    but i just think its going to be, to humid to get anything done

this weather just makes me feel so tired :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Have fun at the gym,
    i have lots to do around the house
    but i just think its going to be, to humid to get anything done

this weather just makes me feel so tired :)

I too have loads to do but am really tired. Need to get started on the ironing mountain soon.

I have a load of washing on and I have washed the floors and cleaned the downstairs loo. It just gets too hot to do anything. Will have to tackle upstairs when it gets cooler. I did change the bed yesterday though.

Have to go into London to meet a friend over from The Netherlands. NOT looking forward to it so will take water and a fan and some wipes. Will hopefully be on the train by 2.30 and be home before the big heat.

Take care and keep cool everyone.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I too find this heat difficult.....I think its also harder as it seems to swing between such different extremes, from hot to cold. So im never that sure what to expect at the moment.

so in the cabinet reshuffle Mr Gove has been moved..... I think this is a huge relief to most teachers....but ...I also think we are going to have a few more chaotic years before they stop making education into a political football and start to let schools just teach again. :-(

We had a visit from the First Aid people today, which was great fun and a bit of a diversion. Sports day tomorrow.

so by the weekend I can start to relax a bit. I just hope it isn't too hot again.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Very grumpy! Did not get a good night's sleep. Too hot - and my asthma is kicking off.

Will go to London, have lunch and come home! Really hope it rains tonight to cool things off.

Have a good day all.

I am grumpy!!!!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Hope you feel better soon Nyannie
    to hot for me also

and WHAT a Thunderstorm last night
    more sleep lost,

i have so much to do, but so little energy
    going to try and get a few things done now, before the heat really kicks in :D

have a good day all xxx
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I too find this heat difficult.....I think its also harder as it seems to swing between such different extremes, from hot to cold. So im never that sure what to expect at the moment.

so in the cabinet reshuffle Mr Gove has been moved..... I think this is a huge relief to most teachers....but ...I also think we are going to have a few more chaotic years before they stop making education into a political football and start to let schools just teach again. :-(

We had a visit from the First Aid people today, which was great fun and a bit of a diversion. Sports day tomorrow.

so by the weekend I can start to relax a bit. I just hope it isn't too hot again.

Hope sport day went well
    i loved sports day, when i was at school
    it was the only thing i was really good at :D

bet you are looking forward to the summer holidays
    not long now :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    John Tweeted

Mykonos/Cyprus/London/RG

i think he is in Mykonos now, not sure..... but have been told the RG stands for Real good
    :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    so john is on holiday in Europe.......I wonder if any of us will see him?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    the heat .....the heat.....isn't it awful.

I feel like the last few weeks have just gone past in a blur, now I need to relax and take stock and sort a few things out, like the washing mountain. :-D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Morning all.

I didn't go to London on Thursday - much too hot! Missed my pilates class for the same reason.

This heat is Terrible! Just had a shower and I still feel sticky.

So, John is in Crete. Hmmm - wonder if he has been to the UK to see JJ and his family. I love Crete. Went years and years ago. O/H says it isn't a good idea to go back to places and think he is right.

Hope you enjoy your summer augusta. Are you all going to watch the Commonwealth Games?

I am off to Afternoon Tea in London today - birthday treat from my friend next door - and we are driving so it will be much less stress.

Have a good day all and let us hope it cools down!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    oh nyannie what a lovely idea to go out for a birthday tea and to drive up...I hope it goes really well

so we are slipping down the page...just as john is due to come over and visit us..:-(

I m finding the heat hard to cope with as well, it was stormy last night, we had a power cut, but despite all this its a sticky and clammy as it was this morning....

its difficult to motivate myself to really do that much in this heat, but would quite like to pop over and see my parents....and then I think we are thinking of going out for coffee at a local garden centre to give us a bit of variety whilst my OH is sorting the new oven out in the kitchen.......I keep providing tea and a few odd jobs but in reality its better to keep out of the way!!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I know what you mean about the heat augusta. I have been getting up at 5 am to do laundry, vacuum and iron. Always tired.

Well, my birthday tea almost wasn't. We got to within 3 meters of the hotel and car park only to find that there was a demonstration and the police wouldn't let us in. We then decided to call a few places near another parking lot we knew and everywhere was full so we headed home and as a last-ditch attempt called a hotel we knew not far from home. Luckily we got in - the tea was lovely but it was not air conditioned so I was dripping when I got home. Lovely and adventurous day. Just goes to show that you need a plan B, C, D. . .when you go to London!

Wonder if John is still in Greece?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Morning all

hope everyone had a nice weekend
    well the best they could have with this nasty humid heat

i,m so far behind with everything, can't seem to find the energy, but it does
    feel a little fresher this morning
    so will try and get some stuff done, but i,m still in bed at the mo,
    with my third cup of coffee sitting beside me :D

be back soon, just going to have a read around :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I know what you mean about the heat augusta. I have been getting up at 5 am to do laundry, vacuum and iron. Always tired.

Well, my birthday tea almost wasn't. We got to within 3 meters of the hotel and car park only to find that there was a demonstration and the police wouldn't let us in. We then decided to call a few places near another parking lot we knew and everywhere was full so we headed home and as a last-ditch attempt called a hotel we knew not far from home. Luckily we got in - the tea was lovely but it was not air conditioned so I was dripping when I got home. Lovely and adventurous day. Just goes to show that you need a plan B, C, D. . .when you go to London!

Wonder if John is still in Greece?

what a great shame, pleased you found somewhere to go though
    something very special about a nice afternoon tea :D

by the way ... what were the demonstrations about .... do you know
    always good to know ..... who buggered up your plans :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    oh nyannie what a lovely idea to go out for a birthday tea and to drive up...I hope it goes really well

so we are slipping down the page...just as john is due to come over and visit us..:-(

I m finding the heat hard to cope with as well, it was stormy last night, we had a power cut, but despite all this its a sticky and clammy as it was this morning....

its difficult to motivate myself to really do that much in this heat, but would quite like to pop over and see my parents....and then I think we are thinking of going out for coffee at a local garden centre to give us a bit of variety whilst my OH is sorting the new oven out in the kitchen.......I keep providing tea and a few odd jobs but in reality its better to keep out of the way!!

hope your day went well, i also went to mums yesterday, but my Dad was not feeling to well, i think the heat was upsetting him, a little bit, nothing major.

i see john has tweeted over the weekend
    will bring them over here. :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Here we go

@uk_JohnJames_oz So smelling like a industrial accident in a Lynx Factory,
    and looking like the world shittest boy band, we hit the town. :D

And

@uk_JohnJames_oz EAT, SLEEP, GYM, SLEEP, EAT, RAVE, REPEAT, RETWEET :D

more sleeping and eating, than the gym and others lol :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    im glad John seems to be having a good time...

its nice to see some positive things happening in the world.

And Kfb if you are reading ...huge hugs to you....life throwa some pretty horrible things in our way at times...xxxxxxx
  • Options
    Forum Member
    im glad John seems to be having a good time...

its nice to see some positive things happening in the world.

And Kfb if you are reading ...huge hugs to you....life throwa some pretty horrible things in our way at times...xxxxxxx

Morning
    Agree with you about positive things. I am so horrified at the news I don't watch much - I do read the papers though.

So pleased that John has tweeted and seems to be enjoying himself.

May I echo augusta's good wishes Kfb. I am sending you hugs too.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Builder will finish work today. It seems as though the problem with leaks is how the house was built originally. Too bad the house has outlived its guarantee.

O/H has taken the days off and he is asleep still. I have watered the plants, emptied the dishwasher, gotten dressed, put a laundry on and am about to start ironing! Exhausted already!!!!

Gym tomorrow. I was so sweaty yesterday. O/H didn't understand why my workout is only 20 minutes - he should realize I am no spring chicken, very unfit and have asthma! He thought I'd be at it for over an hour!!!!