Neighbours: The One Soap No-One Should Be Missing... (P2)

Comments

• GulftasticGulftastic Posts: 127,400
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Very disappointed that we didn't get Ghost Kate today. The 'Paul's faltering speech' scene was crying out for it.
  • DeschanelDeschanel Posts: 8,745
    Forum Member
    On another note, have been away for 2 weeks so have missed a lot of neighbours, but my heart sank when Brad got out his board today. Don't let him turn into another Michael, sitting staring at the waves like a mournful sealion!
    I think it was simply a way of connecting old Brad with new Brad by reminding viewers that he did indeed use to surf. I don't think he'll be turning into a Michael Williams any time soon.
    Gulftastic wrote: »
    Very disappointed that we didn't get Ghost Kate today. The 'Paul's faltering speech' scene was crying out for it.
    While an appearance of Ghost Kate would have been apt, we've just gotten rid of her to The Bold and the Beautiful, and less Kate is always better, IMO. I doubt Ghost Kate would have been as good as Ghost Priya.
  • JoystickJoystick Posts: 14,250
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    First time I've found Imogen annoying, whining too much about school captaincy which isn't that much of a big deal. So I was happy when Terese gave them some home truths.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 67,320
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Why is Karl acting like a douche over Paul?

He know's fine well that that Paul isn't well and surely as a Doctor his main priority should be trying to get him the help he clearly needs instead of using his issues as a way to worm his way to being Mayor of Erinsborough.

And since I appear to be the worlds last Imogen fan, I did find her endless complaining today to be highly amusing. I just love watching her.
  • JaymaJayma Posts: 6,418
    Forum Member

He know's fine well that that Paul isn't well and surely as a Doctor his main priority should be trying to get him the help he clearly needs instead of using his issues as a way to worm his way to being Mayor of Erinsborough.

And since I appear to be the worlds last Imogen fan, I did find her endless complaining today to be highly amusing. I just love watching her.

Haha, there were plenty of us once! It's quite jarring how Imogen has turned into mini-Terese! I think they've purposefully made Imogen more outspoken as a reaction to finding out about Paige's existence, and as a result of some damage in the relationship between her and her father, now she's discovered he's a 5x3! I think she'll stay this way a while, probably beyond the Paige reveal. She and Amber seemed to have swapped heads of late, with Amber being the cooler and calmer one now. It seems they can only have one at a time! :D

For one, I will be glad never to hear the name of Kate flaming Ramsay again. I can't recall any other character still being regularly talked about several months after their departure.
  • Dr K NoisewaterDr K Noisewater Posts: 11,588
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    fiagomez wrote: »
    yay naomi!! just LOVED her tirade against sonia!!

Me too Sonya had that coming. I cannot believe her getting on her high horse having a go at Toadie when it was Naomi who kissed him. Toadie didn't do anything wrong. She was in the exact same position a few months ago when Jacob kissed her.
  • lobeydosserlobeydosser Posts: 3,864
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Me too Sonya had that coming. I cannot believe her getting on her high horse having a go at Toadie when it was Naomi who kissed him. Toadie didn't do anything wrong. She was in the exact same position a few months ago when Jacob kissed her.

Yes, but Sonya will always see herself as totally righteous. Naomi told her a few home truths and she didn't like it. she was practically handing Toadie to another woman on a plate but Sonya's 'needs' (to interfere) always had to come first. How I loathe her! She had a ruddy cheek slapping Naomi and making Toadie feel he had to apologise. Yet when he pointed out how she was neglecting him a few weeks back, out came the tears and she played the victim.

I do hope Naomi stays around, and Sonya doesn't get too far with her victim routine.
    Forum Member
    I hope Sonya will take some what Naomi said and see that she's right.

I LOL'd @ Sheila and Naomi bringing Paul the exact same gifts, yet both as stubborn as each other that they couldn't even take the elevator together.

Stefan Dennis is really playing depressed Paul brilliantly.

I don't think Karl realized how bad Paul was. Now, he's concerned on a personal level after Paul's meltdown. Before, Karl was just concerned Paul wasn't up to the job of being Major, not that he wanted his job (as he explained today).

As for Imogen, I loved Terese getting stuck into them all: Imogen, Josh and Brad (who was dragging his feet over the teaching job, b/c he really doesn't want to teach), and giving them a serving of home truths. I think this is Imogen post-bulimia, who has found her confidence and strength, which has made her arrogant, obnoxious and aggressive.
  • jjwalesjjwales Posts: 48,572
    Forum Member
    yay naomi!! just LOVED her tirade against sonia!!

Though after what she's done, she's not really in a position to lecture anyone!
    Forum Member
    jjwales wrote: »
    Though after what she's done, she's not really in a position to lecture anyone!
    Isn't that the beauty of the story? No-one has the moral high ground, b/c they're all responsible for the situation they're in. Sonya is right about Naomi, but Naomi is right about Sonya, while Toadie has admitted his culpability in it all. There's no winners in this situation.
  • lobeydosserlobeydosser Posts: 3,864
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Deschanel wrote: »
    Isn't that the beauty of the story? No-one has the moral high ground, b/c they're all responsible for the situation they're in. Sonya is right about Naomi, but Naomi is right about Sonya, while Toadie has admitted his culpability in it all. There's no winners in this situation.

Sonya is such a self-righteous harridan - blaming Toadie for everything and ignoring her own part in all this. When he had the temerity to barely mention Jacob, she went off again. She is never wrong, is she?
  • Towie1977Towie1977 Posts: 668
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Deschanel wrote: »

I agree but I think Sonya has gone too far with her neglect. At least she is realising that now and will hopefully redeem herself.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm glad Paige has finally learned that Lauren didn't put her up for adoption and that she in fact believed her baby had died. Really looking forward to Kathy's return now Kathy's scenes with Paige should be excellent.

Has Paige met Lou yet? I can't remember if he departed for Cambodia before Paige's arrival or not?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 95
    Forum Member
    I agree that Sonya, Toadie and Naomi all have played a part - and should share the blame - in this situation that has been emotionally draining for all parties involved.

I thought it was a lovely scene between Toadie and Sonya today. Both admitted they needed to make changes - Jarrod working less and Sonya giving up her blog / GA meetings / Mark's friendship - to make their marriage work. I thought it was a lovely reflection of how a marriage is something that has to be worked on and it's not just a case of 'happily ever after' (end credits). Hopefully, Toadya/Sondie/Jarya/Sonrod will emerge stronger than ever.

Was I the only one as well who thought they went a bit over the top with the slap? Not the slap itself which was great :D I'm on about the reactions to it. Honestly, I know violence isn't the answer but they seemed to be making out like Sonya has wrestled Naomi to the ground, punched her and then spat in her face or something.
  • mojo5000mojo5000 Posts: 54,086
    Forum Member
    I agree that Sonya, Toadie and Naomi all have played a part - and should share the blame - in this situation that has been emotionally draining for all parties involved.

I thought it was a lovely scene between Toadie and Sonya today. Both admitted they needed to make changes - Jarrod working less and Sonya giving up her blog / GA meetings / Mark's friendship - to make their marriage work. I thought it was a lovely reflection of how a marriage is something that has to be worked on and it's not just a case of 'happily ever after' (end credits). Hopefully, Toadya/Sondie/Jarya/Sonrod will emerge stronger than ever.

Was I the only one as well who thought they went a bit over the top with the slap? Not the slap itself which was great :D I'm on about the reactions to it. Honestly, I know violence isn't the answer but they seemed to be making out like Sonya has wrestled Naomi to the ground, punched her and then spat in her face or something.

I was actually moved by the Toadie and Sonya stuff today. It's been so well handled - it's a mature story and really well written and acted. And I find it impossible to dislike Naomi even if she's the "villain" of the piece. I'm glad they didn't go down the predictable route with him cheating.

But I too had to laugh at the violence reaction - I didn't realise they were all Ghandi! I thought Naomi deserved it! And I was surprised Sheila wasn't happy - you could imagine her walloping Naomi too!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    yes i thought it was a really lovely scene between toadie and sonia too and actually made me go "awwwwwwwwww" :blush:
    i'm very glad that they are being shown to work on their marriage and that marriage and relationships in general often require sacrifices or compromises to make them work and i couldnt think of a better couple than toadie and sonia to do that.

i know many on here loathe sonia and i have admitted that she had gotten a bit annoying but i thought she thoroughly redeemed herself by admitting her mistakes and making the effort to focus more on family by dropping some of her over-whelming commitments and the same for toadie by committing more time to family and being that part time lawyer.
    although i do think sonia and her addictions perhaps played a bigger role in comparison to toadie's contribution of how they both got into difficulties ;-)

naomi just makes me smile whenever she is on screen and although she should not have done what she did, i can almost forgive her coz i just find her so likeable and fun!!

I'll second that. I haven't been a fan of Sonya lately in fact I've found her incredibly annoying but she did redeem herself tonight. I felt sorry for her when everyone was judging her for slapping Naomi, Naomi definitely had it coming. I still love Naomi though, best new character in absolutely ages.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 20
    Forum Member
    Loved Naomi's comment to Sonya "I don't blame you, if a hotter woman kissed my husband I'd slap her too" :D what a b*tch but I just can't help but root for her! Really hope she sticks around for a while longer.
  • Towie1977Towie1977 Posts: 668
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think the Toadie and Sonya scenes were well written but agree there was odd emphasis on the morals of the slap. It was nice that Sonya regretted the violence but I thought Sheila's reaction was odd. Okay she still loves Naomi but goodness she didn't have to give Sonya the guilt trip. Anyway it will be good to see what happens it will be tres awkward with all of them living in the street now!
  • China GirlChina Girl Posts: 2,755
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The actress who plays Naomi was a guest on The Wright Stuff this morning.
    She is here doing a one woman show for a while.
    She said that when she was offered the part in neighbours, she told them that she couldn't work for July and August this year.
    They were fine about it, so she is therefore taking a break, but will be returning.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    China Girl wrote: »
    The actress who plays Naomi was a guest on The Wright Stuff this morning.
    She is here doing a one woman show for a while.
    She said that when she was offered the part in neighbours, she told them that she couldn't work for July and August this year.
    They were fine about it, so she is therefore taking a break, but will be returning.

I read somewhere that neighbours actually film 4 months in advance so that will mean Naomi is absent for November and December. Seems like ages away !
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,210
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I thought Sheila's reaction was good. Even though she is mad at her daughter, she still has that protective instinct with her. She wasn't nasty to Sonya, just wanted to be clear that it shouldn't happen again. A nice way for viewers to see whatever she says to Naomi, she still loves her.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,210
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I read somewhere that neighbours actually film 4 months in advance so that will mean Naomi is absent for November and December. Seems like ages away !
    Wonder how they write her out for this time??
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    DaisieBee wrote: »
    Wonder how they write her out for this time??

It's easy with members of that family, as they are supposed to based in 'Frankston'. They'll just say she has gone to stay there or something.

Alternatively, they might have her get some serious cash and then go off for a few months on a cruise where she can blow most of it then come back to the Street.
    Forum Member
    Towie1977 wrote: »
    It was nice that Sonya regretted the violence but I thought Sheila's reaction was odd.
    That was Sheila defending her daughter in a subtle way. She's not going to attack Sonya, like she did to Polly when she slapped Naomi, as Polly wasn't all that nice. But Sheila understands Sonya's reaction, and was basically defending Naomi in a "let this be a once off kind of thing, or else" kind of way. I thought it was a great to show that no matter what, Naomi is still Sheila's daughter, and she will have her back whatever way possible.

I think they should have had slightly more emphasis on Sonya's part in her marriage problems, as that scene with T&S was written in a very equal hand, like Toadie was equally responsible, when in reality, he was reacting to Sonya's neglect.

So glad Paige knows the truth. I liked her scenes with Bailey.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Now Paige is gonna get Granny! I look forward to tomorrow's episode.
This discussion has been closed.