Options

Blackbird steels cat Biscuits?

bingomanbingoman Posts: 23,940
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Im not sure if I have done a thread on this as I could not find one if I did, anyway for the last couple weeks a Blackbird has been popping in the back door and has been taking the Cat's Biscuits and does this for a few hours everyday, fly's away and comes back with our in the room next door watching :o and does nothing about it:o:confused:

I found out what ingredents(sp) make the biscuits and it seem that there is Maize in the them which make me wonder why the Blackbird keeps back for them, can cat biscuits with other Ingredents(sp) be could for a bird:confused:

I have tried taken pics of said bird but every time I take one to show friends it always fly's away so I can't show people the proof :confused:

Comments

• Options
    agrainofsandagrainofsand Posts: 8,693
    Forum Member
    I admire this bird...
  • Options
    CravenHavenCravenHaven Posts: 13,953
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Tell the truth. You eat the biscuits but can't bring yourself to admit it.
    It's okay. I eat Trill.
  • Options
    Toby LaRhoneToby LaRhone Posts: 12,916
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It's okay. I eat Trill.
    That explains why you always sound chirpy :)

"Nothing succeeds like a gummy budgie"
  • Options
    Trsvis_BickleTrsvis_Bickle Posts: 9,202
    Forum Member
    It's okay. I eat Trill.

Who's a pretty boy?*

*not in a creepy Jimmy Savile way obv:blush:
  • Options
    BastardBeaverBastardBeaver Posts: 11,903
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Shotgun.
  • Options
    JackieboJackiebo Posts: 1,677
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Blackbirds are bastards! Every Spring they invade my garden, sounding sweet, but being bastards. They poo everywhere - including on the washing, and they taunt the cats - none has ever caught one. When I'm out planting the seedlings they're beside me going 'Oh salad, thanks' - if I shoo them they just come back singing 'Oh you love me really don't you'. Bloody bastards! /rant
  • Options
    Deb ArkleDeb Arkle Posts: 12,584
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Jackiebo wrote: »
    Blackbirds are bastards! Every Spring they invade my garden, sounding sweet, but being bastards. They poo everywhere - including on the washing, and they taunt the cats - none has ever caught one. When I'm out planting the seedlings they're beside me going 'Oh salad, thanks' - if I shoo them they just come back singing 'Oh you love me really don't you'. Bloody bastards! /rant
    This is my fave post for a good few weeks. :D
  • Options
    stoatiestoatie Posts: 78,106
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    'E sees Oi, Oi sees 'e, buggered if Oi don't get 'im. With a gurt big stick Oi'll knock 'im down, blackbird? I'll have 'ee.
  • Options
    sadmuppetsadmuppet Posts: 8,222
    Forum Member
    It's okay. I eat Trill.

I used to eat Bonio dog biscuits when I was a kid. The plain bone shaped ones were nice with butter.

I was a strange and lonely child.... :D
  • Options
    Miss XYZMiss XYZ Posts: 14,023
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think that's quite cute, OP. My cat's getting on a bit now so sometimes I take her food to her, when she's lounging around outside. There's a pair of magpies who live around my garden and a couple of times I've seen them come and eat my cat's food, when she's laying just a couple of feet away. She just watches them! They haven't yet ventured into the house though...
  • Options
    cessnacessna Posts: 6,747
    Forum Member
    Same here - Our cat keeps well away from Magpies, whereas our previous cat has been known to go for any intruding fox that dared intrude into her garden.
  • Options
    AOTBAOTB Posts: 9,708
    Forum Member
    cessna wrote: »
    Same here - Our cat keeps well away from Magpies, whereas our previous cat has been known to go for any intruding fox that dared intrude into her garden.

Your cat sounds like a pussy. :p
  • Options
    bryemycazbryemycaz Posts: 11,738
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    He was only waiting for this moment to arise
  • Options
    Deb ArkleDeb Arkle Posts: 12,584
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    bryemycaz wrote: »
    He was only waiting for this moment to arise
    Nicely done! :)
  • Options
    Nigel GoodwinNigel Goodwin Posts: 58,531
    Forum Member
    bingoman wrote: »
    Im not sure if I have done a thread on this as I could not find one if I did, anyway for the last couple weeks a Blackbird has been popping in the back door and has been taking the Cat's Biscuits and does this for a few hours everyday, fly's away and comes back with our in the room next door watching :o and does nothing about it:o:confused:

I found out what ingredents(sp) make the biscuits and it seem that there is Maize in the them which make me wonder why the Blackbird keeps back for them, can cat biscuits with other Ingredents(sp) be could for a bird:confused:

I have tried taken pics of said bird but every time I take one to show friends it always fly's away so I can't show people the proof :confused:

Various birds come and eat our cats food - as does a hedgehog - it's commonplace.
  • Options
    barbelerbarbeler Posts: 23,827
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    There were several pairs of blackbirds in and around my garden but a sparrowhawk seems to have been singling them out and it's had the lot. I felt particularly sorry for one, which escaped after having its chest plucked and left with one tail feather. It finally fell victim a few days ago.

I'm not against sparrowhawks, I just wish they'd target the bloody woodpigeons which make such a horrible racket.
  • Options
    JJ75JJ75 Posts: 1,954
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    sadmuppet wrote: »
    I used to eat Bonio dog biscuits when I was a kid. The plain bone shaped ones were nice with butter.

I was a strange and lonely child.... :D

You need the butter, way too dry otherwise.
  • Options
    snoweyowlsnoweyowl Posts: 1,922
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well done blackbird.

Many years ago a local dog stole my roasted chicken. It sneeked in through a part open window and took the whole thing. I knew who had dunnit but how can you be nasty to such a friendly and entertaining visitor.
  • Options
    Trsvis_BickleTrsvis_Bickle Posts: 9,202
    Forum Member
    barbeler wrote: »
    There were several pairs of blackbirds in and around my garden but a sparrowhawk seems to have been singling them out and it's had the lot. I felt particularly sorry for one, which escaped after having its chest plucked and left with one tail feather. It finally fell victim a few days ago.

I'm not against sparrowhawks, I just wish they'd target the bloody woodpigeons which make such a horrible racket.

We get a pair of sparrow hawks nesting outside our office every summer and they do seem to struggle to catch wood pigeons; they are surprisingly agile fliers for such chunky birds. I'd be happy to see the hawks thin out the bastard magpies a bit as there are way too many of them but they are wily sods.
  • Options
    snoweyowlsnoweyowl Posts: 1,922
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Prior to the dog I hadn't had many problems but there were regular attacks on the butter dish. Eventually I caught the villain in the act, a magpie, coated with butter and a 'I didn't do it gov' look on it's face. I just laughed as it flew out the window.
  • Options
    dee123dee123 Posts: 46,274
    Forum Member
    It's okay. I eat Trill.

LOL. And yuck!