Prisoner Cell Block H

Comments

• zooooooooooooozooooooooooooo Posts: 2,220
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    pjw1985 wrote: »
    its somewhere during the 630's

Ah thanks, I'm about 20 episodes away from that, probably get to it by next week.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Lou Kellys just escaped from hospital. Also Vicki Mcphersons just made her first appearance, I had forgotten about her, but seeing her now I can remember liking her, not sure how long she stayed though or if she has much of a storyline.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,910
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Lou Kellys just escaped from hospital. Also Vicki Mcphersons just made her first appearance, I had forgotten about her, but seeing her now I can remember liking her, not sure how long she stayed though or if she has much of a storyline.

McPherson is there until the end:)

I wonder why there is such a long gap between Maxwell first appearing and then becoming a permanant character during those episodes. We see her in 601 as a dinner guest at Bob's, she appears again in 603 talking to Bob about her daughter. We don't see her again until 610 when she kills linda. Then we get a lot of talk about her but shes not seen in 611 or 612. At the end of 612 Bob and Alan are sat outside wentworth in a car as the van carrying her is seen driving into wentworth but again we don't see her and then its 613 when she finally arrives in wentworth.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    pjw1985 wrote: »
    McPherson is there until the end:)

I wonder why there is such a long gap between Maxwell first appearing and then becoming a permanant character during those episodes. We see her in 601 as a dinner guest at Bob's, she appears again in 603 talking to Bob about her daughter. We don't see her again until 610 when she kills linda. Then we get a lot of talk about her but shes not seen in 611 or 612. At the end of 612 Bob and Alan are sat outside wentworth in a car as the van carrying her is seen driving into wentworth but again we don't see her and then its 613 when she finally arrives in wentworth.

Ah good :)

Yeah I thought that, I'd seen her in the two episodes and then the four I've just watched today there's been no sight of her, or even a mention.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,234
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Wasn't much of a fan of Vicki McPherson or that dreadful Brumby
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Wasn't much of a fan of Vicki McPherson or that dreadful Brumby

No I didn't like Brumby.
  • will2510will2510 Posts: 1,098
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm just at the start of the latest boxset. Jessie got released with "naughty naughty", and now she's trying to get Lexie a passport to help her get out of the country. Bassinger's watching them.:eek:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,234
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Naught naughty Miss Ferguson!

Did anyone ever make up their own suggestions as to what Barbie Cox had actually done.
  • will2510will2510 Posts: 1,098
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Naught naughty Miss Ferguson!

Did anyone ever make up their own suggestions as to what Barbie Cox had actually done.

It's a pity that we never actually found out what it was she did. :D
  • BirdsworthBirdsworth Posts: 1,240
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    will2510 wrote: »
    It's a pity that we never actually found out what it was she did. :D

No, it's much better that we didn't know what she had done.
    Prisoner at its best when we see the humouress reactions of various people after reading her charge-sheet.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    will2510 wrote: »
    I'm just at the start of the latest boxset. Jessie got released with "naughty naughty", and now she's trying to get Lexie a passport to help her get out of the country. Bassinger's watching them.:eek:

I'm just a bit ahead of that, I liked the Harry Bassinger storyline.
  • ChuckyBlackhartChuckyBlackhart Posts: 2,468
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Paul1511 wrote: »
    Disagree, I think that did ring true.

Her disgust was at the 'scum' in general. The vile racism that Rodney was spewing when he called West a black bitch followed by accusing the other women of being **** lovers, was disgraceful. The fact that even Joan was disgusted by it simply magnifies just how disgraceful Rodney's comments and actions were.

Joan wouldn't have cared about racism in the prison because Joan only cared about the prison having an outward veneer of respectability, no matter how corrupt it actually was. In that respect, if Joan was governor, the prison would have been representative of her as a person.

The contrived triteness of Joan, an evil villain, not being racist was social engineering creeping into the programme. Just like it’s so common in soaps nowadays. Like how Phil Mitchell has become (always was?) a ‘family friendly gangster’.

Programmes such as dramas show people hurting each other. They often even make light of characters hurting each other. Are we saying that it’s OK to show people hurting each other as long as they are of the same skin colour? It’s OK to show violence but if it’s violence aimed at someone of another skin colour that’s suddenly going too far? That’s absurd. That’s nonsense.

This reminds me of the South Park episode, Cartman’s Silly Hate Crime in which the children of South Park explain that attacking someone because of their skin colour isn’t any worse than attacking someone for any other reason.
  • mistygalmistygal Posts: 8,316
    Forum Member
    So I take it you all know PCBH is coming back? A new series called 'WentWorth'. They showed it on This Morning on 18th March. I only looked at theTV because I heard the theme tune and saw the old clips, then they announced it's return. I can't find anything on it though. I only know the date because it is on my phone, from texting my sister, once I heard and we were both like 'RIPPER'.
  • GroutyGrouty Posts: 34,020
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    When the Freak had her hair slicked back, she reminded me of Eddie Munster :D
    No I didn't like Brumby.

Me neither. :p
  • GroutyGrouty Posts: 34,020
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    crowby1 wrote: »
    I can't remember how she left but she certainly didn't last for long.

I think Minnie got transferred to another block. :)
    Remember the young guy who turns out to be a killer and tries to kill Meg. I think he might have been Marties mate from the navy.

I can't remember his name. I've only seen that era from the series once.

Anyway, before he goes to Meg's house and attacks her, there is a girl who tries to seduce him by saying something like 'come to mummy' , 'come to mummy'.

I remember him, he was Marties mate from the navy, i had a feeling it was him making the dodgy calls etc... :)
    I'm sure she had her fans but I thought Maxine was blinking awful :D

I thought Maxine was brilliant (i absolutely hated her at first when she was ruining the Halfway House for Judy), she had a fantastic ending as well, even i filled up, thought Lizzie was bloody superb during those scenes, which you can watch here :-
    Lou Kelly wrote: »
    Poor Mouse. She was a comical character and deserved a better exit than running down the corridor of H block in flames. It had the desired shocking effect, though.

I loved Mouse, which she was called because her surname was Trapp wasn't it ?, i thought it was hilarious when she was running about waving her arms on fire for some reason :(:D
  • footygirlfootygirl Posts: 35,206
    Forum Member
    Grouty wrote: »

I remember him, he was Marties mate from the navy, i had a feeling it was him making the dodgy calls etc... :)

I thought Maxine was brilliant (i absolutely hated her at first when she was ruining the Halfway House for Judy), she had a fantastic ending as well, even i filled up, thought Lizzie was bloody superb during those scenes, which you can watch here :-

I loved Mouse, which she was called because her surname was Trapp wasn't it ?, i thought it was hilarious when she was running about waving her arms on fire for some reason :(:D

Mouse's real name was Heather Trapp:D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,546
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    mistygal wrote: »
    So I take it you all know PCBH is coming back? A new series called 'WentWorth'. They showed it on This Morning on 18th March. I only looked at theTV because I heard the theme tune and saw the old clips, then they announced it's return. I can't find anything on it though. I only know the date because it is on my phone, from texting my sister, once I heard and we were both like 'RIPPER'.

It starts on the 1st May in Australia. It is a reimagining of the series, if a character called Bea Smith was arrested now and put in prison what would it be like...

I am pretty excited. Some fans hate the idea, but they are just being stroppy and talking about how it will ruin the original. Hardly, they are not exactly taping over it or smashing our DVD collections. Idiots. It might be crap and then we lose nothing and still have 692 amazing episodes. On the other hand it might be great.

There are trailers on youtube and a fan site on Facebook with loads of into. Look up Wenworth Correctional Centre on Facebook and 'Wentworth SoHo' on youtube.

As for the UK, channel 5 have said unlikely, ITV have not commented but insiders say it is a possibility and no release date for a dvd yet.

It is a 10 part series so expect news in the summer, or just torrent it!
  • footygirlfootygirl Posts: 35,206
    Forum Member
    The reason I liked Jim Fletcher was pretty much the same reason I liked Coleen Powell

They both had a softside that showed itself. Jim was a decent man - yes he had a weakness for women - but he really showed compassion to the women and he had a solid working understanding with Erica

Coleen was pretty much the same - except she had a fab line in putdowns, and apart from a few episodes when she came over as a bit of a hardcase was a decent person

Erica though remains my favourite
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 321
    Forum Member
    Other than the obvious, has anyone got any 2ndary character that they liked (not the storyline-leading ones). I always like the loyal ones:

Cass Parker (to Myra/Bobbie)
    Kathleen Leach (to Ros)
    Spike Marsh (to Rita in Blackmoor)
  • richie4evarichie4eva Posts: 217,883
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Up to 434
    • Stan the Man has just killed a brown snake after it bit Helen and Mrs M
    • Powell's family have just been blown up, so the wheels are in motion for her departure
    • Myra has just arrived after smashing her vile hubby's head in with a bottle
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Other than the obvious, has anyone got any 2ndary character that they liked (not the storyline-leading ones). I always like the loyal ones:

Cass Parker (to Myra/Bobbie)
    Kathleen Leach (to Ros)
    Spike Marsh (to Rita in Blackmoor)

I really liked Hazel Kent, Kathleen Leach, Paddy Lawson and Sam Greenway, not sure if they would all count as secondary charcters though.

I also thought Frances Harvey and Kath Deakin were good with Lou and Lurch.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    richie4eva wrote: »
    Up to 434
    • Stan the Man has just killed a brown snake after it bit Helen and Mrs M
    • Powell's family have just been blown up, so the wheels are in motion for her departure
    • Myra has just arrived after smashing her vile hubby's head in with a bottle

And also the introduction of Gloria Payne :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    footygirl wrote: »
    Mouse's real name was Heather Trapp:D

I loved Mouse. I liked it when someone (Gillespie I think) asked her why she was called Mouse and she said something like it's because I'm small and can go in places without being seen and because my surnames Trapp :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,053
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Grouty wrote: »

Ah yes, rings a bell. A fitting, pathetic exit for such a pathetic character :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    crowby1 wrote: »
    Ah yes, rings a bell. A fitting, pathetic exit for such a pathetic character :D

I take it your a fan of hers :D

Yes she was transferred to C Block, I think it was because Ann Reynolds blamed her for escaping with Bobbie. She wasn't missed.