Options

Dog Mess On Shoes...

littlemadangellittlemadangel Posts: 4,203
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Was walking to the bus stop this morning, it was still pretty dark and managed to stand in some dog mess at the bottom of my street :cry:

Its proving difficult but I've managed to get most of it off however there is the stubborn bits that get stuck in between the grooves at the bottom of my shoes.

Anyone any tips for getting rid of it?

I'm convinced I smell awful, so I keep spraying perfume down near my feet :o

Comments

• Options
    CruachanCruachan Posts: 7,211
    Forum Member
    Scrape it out with a nail file / screwdriver / cocktail stick / fingernail / fork tine / ... etc.
  • Options
    tony71yugotony71yugo Posts: 599
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Sit them in some warm bleached water for a while should remove most of it then bang them against a wall.
  • Options
    MustabusterMustabuster Posts: 5,975
    Forum Member
    A twig and then do the moonwalk on some grass.
  • Options
    c4rvc4rv Posts: 29,622
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    can't you wash it off ?

Maybe let the soles of the shoes sit in a sink of water for 10 minutes first.
  • Options
    Galaxy266Galaxy266 Posts: 7,049
    Forum Member
    Hot water and a stiff brush !

• Options
    Hugh JboobsHugh Jboobs Posts: 15,316
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Scrubbing brush, bleach, hot water.
  • Options
    littlemadangellittlemadangel Posts: 4,203
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Got it sorted thanks guys!

Became a kid again and deliberately stepped in a few puddles on the way home from work. It did the job and I just had to give them a once over with washing up liquid and warm water once I got home as well as using an old Allen key for the bits left over.

Will be extra careful from now on where I walk!
  • Options
    CaxtonCaxton Posts: 28,881
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Before commencing to remove dog excrement, commonly known as poo, from said shoe, please note the following, as issued by the Envirionmental Officer affiliated to the County Council of Farting and Wasting on Thames..

Health Warning — You will need rubber gloves, hard hat, high - viz coat and leggings, safety goggle, safety boots, face mask, gas detector. You must do a risk assessment and method study first and strictly follow health and safety requirements by posting warning notices, using signs and safety barriers. You will also need a certificate of compliance to dump the said excrement in the waste bin.

Last but by no means least use an old toothbrush clearly marked for the purpose, otherwise it could leave a somewhat nasty taste in the mouth
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4
    Forum Member
    I remember getting poo on my shoe few yrs ago. I cant stand it and i knew i would never wear them again. I just kicked them off and walked round city centre doing my shopping. Bit silly thinking about it now. But the thought of it on my shoe was eewww. But if it happened again. I would buy new pair. Couldnt ever wear them again knowing what had been on them.
  • Options
    sadoldbirdsadoldbird Posts: 9,626
    Forum Member
    Oh,pukey pukey puke puke.

My husband once got dog poo on both his shoes. How? Did he do a dance in it?

I have no idea how he fixed that. He was on his own (with two contaminated shoes).
  • Options
    1fab1fab Posts: 20,052
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I foolishly poured mineral water over my shoe after stepping in dog poo. It just made it smell even stronger.
  • Options
    JakobjoeJakobjoe Posts: 8,235
    Forum Member
    I always save old toothbrushes for this job.
  • Options
    BreadstixBreadstix Posts: 10,387
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The bloody snow this week has hidden all the local turds.

Some found their way onto my kids' shoes :mad:
  • Options
    JakobjoeJakobjoe Posts: 8,235
    Forum Member
    Breadstix wrote: »
    The bloody snow this week has hidden all the local turds.

Some found their way onto my kids' shoes :mad:

I dont go sledging for this reason.
  • Options
    MrYogiKarmaMrYogiKarma Posts: 1,114
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I just shower it off the bottom of my shoe with the shower head on its hottest setting, straight into the toilet bowl. Works a treat.

Any other way you always end up with shit still on something.
  • Options
    BreadstixBreadstix Posts: 10,387
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Jakobjoe wrote: »
    I dont go sledging for this reason.

I did and fell off a few times :D

I tried not to think about what was underneath it all :o
  • Options
    Cougar GirlCougar Girl Posts: 633
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Was the dog fresh???:)
  • Options
    boozer3boozer3 Posts: 2,960
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Be prepared next time and wrap your shoes in tin foil before leaving the house. That way the foil is easily removed and disposed of, dog mess n all.

Not my advice. I actually saw this in a tips page in a woman's magazine at the dentist!
  • Options
    gmphmacgmphmac Posts: 2,212
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Boil a kettle of water, and pour it over the sole of the shoe (be very careful not to scald yourself). It will remove most of the mess and kill any bacteria etc.
  • Options
    Simon RodgersSimon Rodgers Posts: 4,693
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No matter how hard I try, I quite often seem to tred in something and its really getting me down :(
  • Options
    Jon OJon O Posts: 1,687
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    let it dry and then just pick it out ;)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    No matter how hard I try, I quite often seem to tred in something and its really getting me down :(

What on earth were you searching for which led you to bump a one and a half year old thread about dog shit?:confused:
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,924
    Forum Member
    What on earth were you searching for which led you to bump a one and a half year old thread about dog shit?:confused:

I came to this thread because I saw your name on it Hugh. Then I saw the date and answers. It made me laugh. :D
  • Options
    Utopian GirlUtopian Girl Posts: 8,275
    Forum Member
    Aww goodness! One of the only things that make me nauseous - I rarely walk out at night because of what happened to op - too bad when there are special bins in every street my way! :mad:

Remember Barbara cleaning Dave's shoe in the early episodes of The Royle Family?:eek:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    avasgranny wrote: »
    I came to this thread because I saw your name on it Hugh.

Don't know whether to take that as a compliment or not! :o:D