Brighton

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 58
Forum Member
Does anyone know any good campsites in Brighton, not to far from the beach/pier if possible?

Comments

• Rhino HornRhino Horn Posts: 1,037
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't know of any camp sites in Brighton and I live there.

If someone else knows then I stand to be corrected!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 32,379
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    There are three listed here. Can't comment on them though.

http://www.ukcampsite.co.uk/sites/townlisting.asp?town=brighton&county=
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,073
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I used to live there for years. I cant remember any campsites, at least not close to the city.
  • howardlhowardl Posts: 5,120
    Forum Member
    Brighton is one big camp place
  • marc822marc822 Posts: 3,118
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    There is a caravan site near to the marina (not sure if they accept tents) but other than that, i think you are looking at a bit of a trek everyday.
  • CitySlickerCitySlicker Posts: 10,414
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Kemptown is a great camp site and very near the main pier.

;)

I absolutely love Brighton and feel welcome every time I go there. The people, the atmosphere, joking aside about Kemptown that in itself is very bohemian and I've stayed at a number of boutique hotels in the area. Would you consider pushing the boat out and staying in a hotel? Some of the boutique ones really are special.
  • orchoverorchover Posts: 1,443
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    marc822 wrote: »
    There is a caravan site near to the marina (not sure if they accept tents) but other than that, i think you are looking at a bit of a trek everyday.

Ive stayed there before and it's called Sheepcote Valley and they do accept tents. Its a great site but advance booking is essential in the summer months. Its about 7 minutes in a taxi to the centre of town.

http://www.caravanclub.co.uk/caravanclubapps/applications/uk-caravan-sites-and-parks/SiteDetails.aspx?csid=21975
  • Marksw76Marksw76 Posts: 969
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I've stayed I Sheepcote Valley too albeit about ten years ago. Very good site, with clean/good shower facilities.

I couldnt remember them even having caravans when I went there, all I can remember was the camping area. I think it still accepts tents...?

It is a bus/taxi ride into the city centre though....