Worst advert on TV at the moment (Part 8)

Comments

• miss buzzybeemiss buzzybee Posts: 16,428
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The M&Ms advert with the girlfriend who says 'Hey, Babe, I could really do with a snack'.

Get it yourself. FGS.

I sooo hate that advert!!! Lazy young cow!

The bassline from the Direct Line advert is stuck in my head! :(

Kevin Bacon waffling on about stuff he doesn't know about on the EE adverts.
  • ilovenicnacsilovenicnacs Posts: 43,373
    Forum Member
    EIwood wrote: »
    See my original post below, showing who he is, but I've still got no clue!

He's played:
    • Dr Vince in MI High,
    • DR Julian Holmes in the IT Crowd,
    • Dr Pinder in nighty night,

And is related to Dr Who, but never appeared in the show from what I can tell.

It's a great advert, a reference so obscure, no one understands it!

Thanks for that, but I'm still none the wiser about the "good doctor" bit, unless you watch star wars or Dr Who cartoons then it is w mystery.:D

The only one of the EE ones I find remotely entretaining is the Jedward one, but only because of the Paul Daniels impression when he clearly has no idea who he is! don't know how much he got paid for those ads, but it is not enough...it will never be enough:o
  • clareiowclareiow Posts: 303
    Forum Member
    There are a couple of ads out at the mo that I can't stand
    1) butlins...aarrrrgggghhhhhh the music
    2) 118 118.....aaaaaarrrrrrgggggghhhh the music
    3) Citroen DS3....the music doesn't relate at all to the car and it gets stuck in your head
    4) the ford B-max ad where the guy dives through it. It's in EVERY single break
    5) the new Honda civic ad, makes me feel sick with dizziness
    6) the pounds to pocket ad, with the woman who got her mega bucks loan for her car which is "vital to get her around" as she hobbles with a walking stick. So she can afford it eh? How about the mobility scheme then!!!

Sorry for all that, there are actually more but I can't rant any more lol!
  • PunksNotDeadPunksNotDead Posts: 21,254
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Woman on the freesat advert scares the crap outta me:eek::mad::cry:
  • Kiko H FanKiko H Fan Posts: 6,546
    Forum Member
    Logbook Loans.

Dear me.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 304
    Forum Member
    Just seen that navy advert, and now wish I hadn't, trouble was I mislaid the remote!!!:mad:
  • CaltonfanCaltonfan Posts: 6,311
    Forum Member
    turkish airlines have a habbit of making terrible adverts, last year it was that wozniacki one with the umpire stealing her in flight meal this year its kobe bryant and leo messi trying to impress a kid
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,028
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I hate those. Especially the one in the chippy, where he mentions Rolf Harris and 'Two Little Boys'. Where he says one of them was called Charlie. He's talking about the boys in the You Tube vid, but it sounds like he's saying one of the boys in the Rolf song was called Charlie. And we all know they were called Jack and Joe. It's just trying to be too clever. And I personally don't give a flying f**ck what Kevin Bacon knows or pretends to know about British Social History. So what? Are we supposed to be amused and/or flattered that Bacon's heard of 'Heartbeat' Big deal!! :mad:
  • grimtales1grimtales1 Posts: 46,695
    Forum Member
    crowby1 wrote: »
    Also, what is this sudden trend for saying at the end of ads: "Say hello... to the " Insert smart phone / tablet / car name here. That annoys me.

I saw the Army one in the cinema last night :mad:

"You're born, you cry, you learn, you grow, you change, you save, you pull, you change, you save, you sleep, you save, you pull, you lose, you save, you sh*t, you save...

SHUT UP! :mad::mad::mad:
  • Andy2Andy2 Posts: 11,949
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I quite like the Butlin's song! At least it's a nice change from the 'whingey song by a child-voiced girl' stuff that we seem to get on ads these days.
  • Big Boy BarryBig Boy Barry Posts: 35,377
    Forum Member
    - The ad with "Don't Stop" by Fleetwood Mac being covered by.....yes....you guessed it, another stripped down, acoustic, folk-pixie taking huge breathes between each line.

- Logbook Loans. Take out a huge loan, and you only risk losing your car! Can this country sink any lower? (yes)
  • degsyhufcdegsyhufc Posts: 59,251
    Forum Member
    degsyhufc wrote: »
    Another god awful twee cover.
    When she 'sing' the word tomorrow it sends shivers down my spine for all the wrong reasons
    - The ad with "Don't Stop" by Fleetwood Mac being covered by.....yes....you guessed it, another stripped down, acoustic, folk-pixie taking huge breathes between each line.

- Logbook Loans. Take out a huge loan, and you only risk losing your car! Can this country sink any lower? (yes)
    Mentioned it earlier in the thread. It's truly awful
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,053
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Saggy faced Loose Woman on Heating Logic advert miserably talking about "servicing old boilers" and saying "you don't have to be Carol Vorderman to work it out".

If I was gonna "service an old boiler" give me Vorderman over that gloomy faced harridan anyday.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

That used to be the excellent Disparate Youth by Santigold before Direct Line got hold of it and contaminated it.
  • Big Boy BarryBig Boy Barry Posts: 35,377
    Forum Member
    HSBC

Yes I know, Hong Kong and Shanghai Business Corporation but please, enough with the damn "isn't Chinese culture awesome?" ads.

How about showing a new HSBC ad featuring tanks rolling over students?
  • Jimmy_McNultyJimmy_McNulty Posts: 11,378
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    1) BT advert. Somehow managed to be even worse and more uncomfortable than the rest.

2) Mental health advert. Delusionally hopeful to say the least.
  • rolergirlrolergirl Posts: 5,205
    Forum Member
    melanie sykes take a break adverts
    dawn porter wipe your ass ads
    robert webb meerkat ad-so unfunny
    idiot mueller light centaur ads
    any bingo adverts
    ronnie corbett meals on wheels
    obnoxious "simon from corrie" lookalike kid on bread advert
    ariel advert with chav kid showing off his shirt
  • degsyhufcdegsyhufc Posts: 59,251
    Forum Member
    HSBC

Yes I know, Hong Kong and Shanghai Business Corporation but please, enough with the damn "isn't Chinese culture awesome?" ads.

How about showing a new HSBC ad featuring tanks rolling over students?
    Mentioned the same thing before myself. We're not in ****ing China!!!
  • IzzySIzzyS Posts: 11,045
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I saw the new Warburtons advert the other day - I was like what the heck is this about? I thought it was an ad for crumpets then for betting shops lol. Infact I thought of this thread before it had finished - I in no way thought oh I want to go out and buy some Warburtons crumpets because of it - I thought what a selfish man that old guy was who won at gambling(!) though I do like a good crumpet but I don't see how that ad particularly promotes crumpets as such...seemed pretty random to me.
  • GoCompareThisGoCompareThis Posts: 10,260
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    BT 118 500 - Has anyone seen the charges for this now? 62p per call plus £1.99 PER MINUTE! :eek:
    Why even bother when you can do it online for FREE?! :rolleyes:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    BT 118 500 - Has anyone seen the charges for this now? 62p per call plus £1.99 PER MINUTE! :eek:
    Why even bother when you can do it online for FREE?! :rolleyes:

118 numbers = about to go out of business due to the internet / smart phones but misguidedly trying to make a fast buck during their final death rattle.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just seen a St John's Ambulance advert promoting the teaching of first aid skills and frankly found it troubling.

Man finds out he has cancer.
    Man goes through chemotherapy etc.
    Man goes through rehabilitation.
    Man recovers, cancer appears to be in remission.
    Man starts choking to death on a burger at a barbecue.

Ok, I do get the message, but it's a pretty nasty advert in my opinion. There's better ways of getting your message across.
  • SentenzaSentenza Posts: 12,114
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Kid in the Sainsburys insurance ad with a blonde afro needs a good hiding from his parents to teach him to say sorry spoilt little shit.:mad:
  • EastEnders-1105EastEnders-1105 Posts: 11,022
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The Ronnie Corbett wiltshire farms food advert
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The Ronnie Corbett wiltshire farms food advert

What annoys me about that ad the most is the way it's presented as 'real people' when it's blatantly actors.
This discussion has been closed.