Kate Middleton's Baby

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8,510
    Forum Member
    I hope when the impeding arrival comes that DS can keep it to one thread only, or else I need to disappear for a month
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 572
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm thinking the Palace have told a fib about the due date and possibly location of the birth so Kate can get through it all in peace. It's what I would do and it would be hilarious to have all those paps outside the hospital for days for nothing.
  • Big Boy BarryBig Boy Barry Posts: 35,240
    Forum Member
    The baby's first words should be "behead all paps"
  • Dicey RileyDicey Riley Posts: 65
    Forum Member
    I'm thinking the Palace have told a fib about the due date and possibly location of the birth so Kate can get through it all in peace. It's what I would do and it would be hilarious to have all those paps outside the hospital for days for nothing.

I tend to agree
  • FlohFloh Posts: 4,999
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The girl baby's name will be: Margaret. I hope. :cool:
  • Big Boy BarryBig Boy Barry Posts: 35,240
    Forum Member

Doubt it. They know the worldwide appetite for this kind of thing. It would be a huge anti-climax if they said "sorry, she already gave birth". She'll have the baby at the hospital, they'll release an official photo of Kate, Will and the baby, and then the paps will get their money shot when they leave the hospital and get into the car, although hopefully they'll be considerate enough to switch the flashes off.
  • Phoenix LazarusPhoenix Lazarus Posts: 17,305
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Floh wrote: »
    The girl baby's name will be: Margaret. I hope. :cool:

Do we really want the tabloids talking of Princess/Queen Maggie!?
  • jerseyporterjerseyporter Posts: 2,332
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I don't know about the Palace, but I bet this is what William would do if he could! There's little love lost between him and the more intrusive photographers, and if he was allowed to get one over on them he'd do it in a heartbeat!

First babies are often late - out of myself amd all my friends who've had babies over the years, 80% of our first babies were nearly 2 weeks overdue, and 50% of us were induced. Dates are rarely exact for expectant mums - too many variables! - and even then the only 'official'date the Palace gave was mid-July - specific dates were only press speculation or attributed to un-named 'sources'!

Whether you like Kate or not (personally I have nothing against her) all the status in the world won't protect her from feeling as anxious as any other first-time mum, and certainly won't help make an induction any better if she ends up with one (being induced isn't pleasant!) so I hope it goes well for her, as I would wish for any first-time mum.

Whenever it is!
  • CravenHavenCravenHaven Posts: 13,953
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Maybe her womb will hold onto it for two years and the babe will be born with shoulder length hair and teeth like good king Richard.
    Wonder what odds the bookies are giving?
  • FlohFloh Posts: 4,999
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Do we really want the tabloids talking of Princess/Queen Maggie!?

I don't think of Thatcher when I think of the name Margaret.
  • FOXPRESIDENTFOXPRESIDENT Posts: 4,144
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I have a fiver on it at 6/1 for he/she to be born tomorrow (the 16th/my daughter's birthday)

I guess it's safe to say - you lost that bet! :p
  • DaughterqueenDaughterqueen Posts: 143
    Forum Member
    A poem for the new royal baby

The week we wait with breaths abated
    And around the hospital we congregated
    For there's to be a exciting event
    A royal baby is heaven sent
    A boy a girl it matters not
    It'll gurgle and giggle in its cot
    Let's celebrate with flags a waving and a flying
    And remind each other that the royals are not a dying.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8,510
    Forum Member

I thought she'd have a home birth
  • DemizdeeroolzDemizdeeroolz Posts: 3,821
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think the baby will be named Anne or Mary. I feel for Kate going overdue in this heat but touch wood the baby wasn't born on Camilla's birthday.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 336
    Forum Member
    If the baby is a girl, i think it's only fitting to have Diana somewhere in the name. The baby will come when he/she is ready, hopefully a few days longer just so the paps melt in the heat lol!! :)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,363
    Forum Member
    If Kate arrives in a helicopter on the top of the hospital and then leaves with babe the same way all those photographers camped outside the entrance to the Lindo Wing will be most disappointed.
    It's so exciting. For me who delivers first my daughter-in-law or Kate. :D
  • Vodka_DrinkaVodka_Drinka Posts: 28,739
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think the baby will be named Anne or Mary. I feel for Kate going overdue in this heat but touch wood the baby wasn't born on Camilla's birthday.

Why do some people still have such a problem with Camilla? She makes Charles happy and I have it on very good authority that she's a really nice person as well. Diana was no saint, and was known to have shagged other people's husbands herself, so I find this this victim hood that surrounds her slightly nauseating.
  • Hit Em Up StyleHit Em Up Style Posts: 12,141
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I love the name Frances. Queen Frances sounds beautiful imho.

All this said, Everyone is hoping its a girl and it will be a boy lool
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Why do some people still have such a problem with Camilla? She makes Charles happy and I have it on very good authority that she's a really nice person as well. Diana was no saint, and was known to have shagged other people's husbands herself, so I find this this victim hood that surrounds her slightly nauseating.
    I'm just glad for Diana's family that the baby didn't arrive on Camilla's birthday. I never said Diana was a victim I think you've read too much into my comment.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I love the name Frances. Queen Frances sounds beautiful imho.

All this said, Everyone is hoping its a girl and it will be a boy lool
    Yes would be a nice name for the baby . Diana's middle name was Frances :D
  • AlbacomAlbacom Posts: 34,578
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Is it a diamond?
    Is it a pearl?
    No, it's a boy or it might be a girl!
    The news teams are dehydrated,
    they really need a drink,
    For this event to be celebrated
    Is going to the brink!
    Yep, the brink of desperation, the waiting is a bore
    But the news will be tiresome, it'll last forevermore.
    For God's sake woman, Hurry up!,
    It really is too hot!
    To even give a monkey's
    About your Royal tot!
    The TV will be off, until the news' dispersed
    And all those tedious speeches
    the TV crews rehearsed
    Are gone and all forgotten,
    for Philip is back in need
    Of some more hospital treatment,
    he's a whithering seed.
    Then the cycle starts again,
    cameras at the ready.
    Bustling news teams, a weedy bloke
    holding mics steady!
    Reports on the hour,
    the usual talking head,
    Secretly hoping they're the first
    To announce to the world he's dead!

So hurry up woman! You look like a bloated frog!
    Hurry up will ya, and have this blessed sprog.
  • soapfan_1973soapfan_1973 Posts: 3,624
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Apparently the Queen has been rushed away from the cricket so it looks like they have word something is happening
  • sueh21sueh21 Posts: 2,565
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

It could be the way the Royal family condoned Charles marrying a naive 18 year old who thought he was madly in love with her. When all the time Camilla was still involved with him and they wanted to have their cake and eat it so to speak.
    Water under the bridge now but their morals are questionable.
  • sueh21sueh21 Posts: 2,565
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Apparently the Queen has been rushed away from the cricket so it looks like they have word something is happening

Hope its not Prince Phillip!
  • VenetianVenetian Posts: 28,403
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Because they prefer Saint Diana. I guess you have to pick from the two ... I know which one I prefer:D