OH Dear Mark

pabirdpabird Posts: 871
Forum Member
✭✭
As a member of the its a dance contest I still like Mark and have enjoyed his performances to date

But tonight? awful terrible routine and a terrible performance

I really thought he would be the worst of the night but as I type Dave is on??

Comments

• A.D.PA.D.P Posts: 10,377
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Have to agree it was very poor.
  • TiggywinkTiggywink Posts: 3,687
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Basically there WAS no routine. It was the non dance of the night - and I say that with a heavy heart because I love Mark. But I fear he may be out this time.
  • ChickenFromKievChickenFromKiev Posts: 7,427
    Forum Member
    I was afraid a little yellow chicken was about to hatch out of his head.
  • Linda_DeanLinda_Dean Posts: 748
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I love Mark and to begin with not only did he dance the routine respectably, Iveta pitched the concept just right. Last couple of weeks it's not been quite there.

The concept has to be appropriate for the dance. Dr. No for a dance of love/passion? I want Mark to stay and I want Iveta to pitch it just right like she did in the earlier routines.
  • cazzbarcazzbar Posts: 2,125
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I didn't like it - it was a poor dance and very easy to forget. So they may be in danger tonight.
  • latinlouloulatinloulou Posts: 3,337
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Their dance didn't work for me, I fear they will be in the DO ,
  • shandersshanders Posts: 5,907
    Forum Member
    Bad week to draw the rhumba... Poor Mark could be in danger.
  • kayceekaycee Posts: 12,047
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Agree with all of above. In the first couple of weeks Mark proved that he has what it takes to actually dance, and I feel perhaps Iveta is letting him down by just making him the 'clown'. Shame, lovely guy but this wasn't even entertaining. It was really all about Iveta.
  • PoenaPoena Posts: 551
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Mark will be safe she said, more in hope than expectation....

No - I reckon he will. And in common with many, many male celebs over the years, he'll be glad to have the rumba over and done with.

Onwards and upwards I say! :D
  • Jan2555*GG*Jan2555*GG* Posts: 11,064
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I am gutted. I love Mark & Iveta but they seem to have lost their way. Where is the joy of Can't Touch this & pathos of the Waltz. Keeping my fingers crossed as I would feel very sad if they went out before Dave. It would be so undeserved.
  • Frank MagFrank Mag Posts: 1,545
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    2nd worse dance of the night, to me Mark seemed rooted to the same spot, they never used the dance-floor and stayed in the middle of it and all he done was wave his arms about while Iveta pranced around him.

You know how good the dance was going to be with Iveta trying to distract attention away from Mark and in my eyes she certainly succeeded.
  • primerprimer Posts: 6,370
    Forum Member
    First real dud for mark tonight, hope he survives, dave to go as he is becoming really rather irritating.
  • AmethyztAmethyzt Posts: 4,383
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I am gutted. I love Mark & Iveta but they seem to have lost their way. Where is the joy of Can't Touch this & pathos of the Waltz. Keeping my fingers crossed as I would feel very sad if they went out before Dave. It would be so undeserved.

Ditto, I love the partnership of Mark and Iveta and it would be an absolute travesty if he went out before Stomper Dave and his not very good pro partner
  • Caramel CrunchCaramel Crunch Posts: 4,744
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Mark seemed very uncomfortable tonight. I hope he goes through.
  • snogglewortsnogglewort Posts: 2,122
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I voted for Mark tonight, not because I enjoyed the dance but because I like him and I feel he wants to dance all the dances properly and looks genuinely crestfallen when the judges are harsh :(

That rumba would have been a lot better without the ridiculous fancy dress aspect. Its frustrating that they feel the need to make the fat contestants the joke all the time :mad:
  • snogglewortsnogglewort Posts: 2,122
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    primer wrote: »
    First real dud for mark tonight, hope he survives, dave to go as he is becoming really rather irritating.

YES! I know this is a Mark thread but the way Dave has started arguing back now when he receives criticism from the judges is v annoying, What does he expect??!
  • teeswolfteeswolf Posts: 3,946
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't get the Iveta love on here. I genuinely think Mark has some potential, and we're not getting to see it:cry:
  • primerprimer Posts: 6,370
    Forum Member
    YES! I know this is a Mark thread but the way Dave has started arguing back now when he receives criticism from the judges is v annoying, What does he expect??!

yes, when he started protesting that he was doing the proper dance, i really thought he had lost the plot. he may have been doing some of the 'proper' steps, but he was doing them dreadfully
  • Kayjay2405Kayjay2405 Posts: 886
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Mark looked like Uncle Fester and gave me the creeps tonight, sadly.
  • PaacePaace Posts: 14,679
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Definitely the worst of the night . Surprised Iveta would put forward such a non dance .
  • RhumbatuggerRhumbatugger Posts: 85,713
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Like many, I'm disappointed with Iveta tonight.

Mark could do perpetual motion, he didn't need the silly gimmick, and it pissed me off.

I threw a vote Marks way because he is better than that.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I voted for Mark tonight, not because I enjoyed the dance but because I like him and I feel he wants to dance all the dances properly and looks genuinely crestfallen when the judges are harsh :(

That rumba would have been a lot better without the ridiculous fancy dress aspect. Its frustrating that they feel the need to make the fat contestants the joke all the time :mad:

BIB Agree entirely
  • Sho NuffSho Nuff Posts: 351
    Forum Member
    Not a good night for Mark at all, sadly. Craig is right about those hands, he still hasn't done anything to correct the shaping. Plus, what confused me, he was portraying Blofeld and his puddy cat but dancing to Goldfinger ??? Blofeld was in several Bond movies, but not Goldfinger.
  • PoenaPoena Posts: 551
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

I just wonder how much influence TPTB may be having on how Mark is 'postitoned' in the competition. Unless proven otherwise, I'll never be convinced that Iveta was responsible for last week's paso - music, costume, the lot - and I have my doubts about this week, too.

She seemed to be showing real empathy with Mark over the first few weeks - that such empathy might have simply evaporated makes me somewhat suspicious. :rolleyes:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I sometimes wonder if the pros ever think of sitting their celeb partners down in front of dvds - or youtube - and showing them what the various dances should look like. I'm sure if they could get a picture in their mind it would help them interpret their own dances.