Options

What a miserable, sad person Chris is.

yipgumyipgum Posts: 333
Forum Member
I liked him at first thinking he was awkward but now he just slags people off and is now attacking Steven because he knows Steven is unliked by the public. Chris knows he will be probably be up again so is trying to mind **** Christopher to put up Steven so he will go.
No wonder the person he spoke about being in love with ran away from him.

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 43
    Forum Member
    Of the people in the house he's the only one I can really identify with. I guess that makes me a miserable sad person too?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 349
    Forum Member
    Lolllll
  • Options
    yipgumyipgum Posts: 333
    Forum Member
    Of the people in the house he's the only one I can really identify with. I guess that makes me a miserable sad person too?

I guess it does.
  • Options
    eva_prioreva_prior Posts: 2,509
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Are you Eeyore?
  • Options
    zazayazazaya Posts: 627
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Chris unerringly says what a lot of us are thinking, he is a brilliant observer and a very intelligent man. He is out of place in the BB house because unfortunately it has been taken over by an immature playground bully and her followers. Therefore he looks a bit fed up and I for one don't blame him.
  • Options
    Purple.Purple. Posts: 4,593
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    zazaya wrote: »
    Chris unerringly says what a lot of us are thinking, he is a brilliant observer and a very intelligent man. He is out of place in the BB house because unfortunately it has been taken over by an immature playground bully and her followers. Therefore he looks a bit fed up and I for one don't blame him.

Very well said.
  • Options
    JennyukJennyuk Posts: 20,910
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Well said, i would rather have a 100 Chris's than 1 Helen,Ash,Steven,Winston, Mark.
  • Options
    Digital SidDigital Sid Posts: 39,870
    Forum Member
    It wouldn't be so bad if he was entertaining with it, he's just boringly pathetic.
  • Options
    zeroskyzerosky Posts: 932
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    From what I've seen on the show he appears neither miserable or sad.
    The highlights do tend to dwell on his dislike of Helen and her gang
    but I'm sure that is not the totality of his experience in the house.
  • Options
    bbcrzybbcrzy Posts: 1,423
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    yipgum wrote: »
    I liked him at first thinking he was awkward but now he just slags people off and is now attacking Steven because he knows Steven is unliked by the public.

Chris isnt the only miserable sad person around here. i'd say more than half of us viewers relate to his state.

I'd go fricken nuts in that house. Its like helen and ash are king and queen and the serfs bow and scrape around them. Steven is the jester/ the fool. Winston is a sidekick

ashleigh is the lady in waiting who puts up with the queen's demands without argument.

Mark is the court buffoon (one step below the jester)

christopher is like the valet, servant running and getting tea, serving food, cleaning up, taking care of what needs to be done.

There is no one to have an intellectual conversation with. Helen and ash both seem close to moronic iMHO. did either even graduate school>?
  • Options
    theidtheid Posts: 6,060
    Forum Member
    bbcrzy wrote: »
    Chris isnt the only miserable sad person around here. i'd say more than half of us viewers relate to his state.

I'd go fricken nuts in that house. Its like helen and ash are king and queen and the serfs bow and scrape around them. Steven is the jester/ the fool. Winston is a sidekick

ashleigh is the lady in waiting who puts up with the queen's demands without argument.

christopher is like the valet, servant running and getting tea, serving food, cleaning up, taking care of what needs to be done.

There is no one to have an intellectual conversation with. Helen and ash both seem close to moronic iMHO. did either even graduate school>?

"Intellectual conversation"? Forget it. I'd be happy with any kind of conversation where sentences weren't peppered with the word "like", had a beginning, a middle and an end and didn't concern bodily functions.

Chris and Christopher are the only HMs I bother listening to.
  • Options
    emzi27emzi27 Posts: 1,113
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I like him. He seems the most level headed in my opinion. Listening to Ash adding 'and shit' to the end of every sentence is starting to do my head in now!
  • Options
    theiatheia Posts: 1,811
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    bbcrzy wrote: »

Love this post...
  • Options
    JT EffectJT Effect Posts: 5,177
    Forum Member

Great post, and totally agree. I think that were it not for Chris (and Christopher to a lesser extent) I would have switched off long ago. His observations in the diary room are the highlight of the show for me. I could have clapped after what he said about the house's treatment of Danielle on Friday night.

And as for the OPs assertion that Chris is 'now starting to attack Steven because he knows Steven is unliked by the public' - what rot. Chris has always found Steven to be difficult to get on with, right from the first weeks, and has commented on this throughout. He even nominated him when he was Power Housemate, which led to Steven's meltdown.
  • Options
    spiralstaticspiralstatic Posts: 2,264
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This thread seems to get at precisely why people support Chris: they feel he's kind of like them? Like Chris, like yourself? Maybe this is the real reason there's something I can't put my finger on I can't like about him? Maybe I just dislike myself?! :p;-):D.... :(

He's rather like this forum - he can analyse and moan (and bitch a little) and be eloquent in his thoughts on others in the diary room and to housemates-other-than-who-he's-talking-about, but to people's faces he is polite.

The former quality reminds me very much of this forum. Yes, Chris often says what we're thinking. Yes he's sometimes hypocritical (both regarding - as they all do - criticising a flaw in others that he possesses himself and regarding the fact that he is in fact more than polite, but will say the opposite of his feelings to people's faces.)

Let me make it clear: it is a positive thing to be nice to people's faces - 100%.

However, is Chris that nice himself? It doesn't seem like he cares much about many people in there to me. He's criticised that other people couldn't give a stuff about each other but people have shown compassion for Chris who he's never seemed to show any for...

And also, he doesn't just assuage those he dislikes to their face - even his friends if they are doing bitching to him, he'll agree and chip in even if the friend is OTT/wrong too.

Anyway, ultimately, do people like Chris more because they feel he's like them than for what he actually has done in the house? I don't know. I'm trying to work it out. He was my favourite at first in there, but there's just something about him I'm unsure on now. I just can't like him.

Also: this talk of intelligence and otherwise. I dislike how Chris considers himself superior to others in there (a few times he's commented that all the housemates are stupid more or less.) It irritates me when anyone considers themselves above anyone else. And is he that intelligent? Maybe, maybe not - I can't say I've seen evidence Chris has especially more stimulating conversation to offer than anyone else in there. Not that I can say he doesn't either. Maybe if we had live feed we'd know more on this.
  • Options
    LuverlyAJLuverlyAJ Posts: 673
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I liked him at first thinking he was awkward but now he just slags people off and is now attacking Steven because he knows Steven is unliked by the public. Chris knows he will be probably be up again so is trying to mind **** Christopher to put up Steven so he will go.

He might be attacking Steven because he doesn't like Steven. Nobody does
  • Options
    rsefitpro07rsefitpro07 Posts: 2,636
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Chris seems depressed more than anything else!. I actually like him, he is honest at least, although he isn't the most entertaining of housemates.

He says what we all think. I am not sure if hes going to win though,
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 13,158
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    JT Effect wrote: »
    Great post, and totally agree. I think that were it not for Chris (and Christopher to a lesser extent) I would have switched off long ago. His observations in the diary room are the highlight of the show for me. I could have clapped after what he said about the house's treatment of Danielle on Friday night.

And as for the OPs assertion that Chris is 'now starting to attack Steven because he knows Steven is unliked by the public' - what rot. Chris has always found Steven to be difficult to get on with, right from the first weeks, and has commented on this throughout. He even nominated him when he was Power Housemate, which led to Steven's meltdown.

You'd have done better to have clapped Christopher when he said the exact same thing TO Danielle that same afternoon in the garden, rather than Chris who waited til later on that night to run to the DR to sneer at the others having fun at the disco and then remembered to do the Danielle speech. Funnily, it was almost word for word what Christopher had said earlier.
  • Options
    BabelBrookBabelBrook Posts: 12,837
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

You appear to be implying Chris's comments on his fellow HMs are based on viewer opinion. I don't recall seeing evidence of that. In fact two of the people he has spent quite a bit of time with (Danielle and Ashleigh) have both been on the receiving end of crowd "dislike" at various times and it didn't seem to affect his attitude to either. Maybe he just thinks Steven is plonker. Chris and Christopher have a vested interest in each other - neither are really part of the in-crowd and there aren't many outsiders left as nomination targets.
  • Options
    SunnydaysSunnydays Posts: 12,279
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

.......and me Brynley........although I do have a sneaky regard for Ash..:blush: ........

Had to laugh at the OP........my family and friends would describe me the opposite of miserable......92% happy today.......8% less so.......too hot to sleep properly last night......
  • Options
    PitmanPitman Posts: 28,495
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I really like Chris and his irritation of human life , but then my all time hero is Morrissey :p
  • Options
    Penny CrayonPenny Crayon Posts: 36,158
    Forum Member
    This thread seems to get at precisely why people support Chris: they feel he's kind of like them? Like Chris, like yourself? Maybe this is the real reason there's something I can't put my finger on I can't like about him? Maybe I just dislike myself?! :p;-):D.... :(

He's rather like this forum - he can analyse and moan (and bitch a little) and be eloquent in his thoughts on others in the diary room and to housemates-other-than-who-he's-talking-about, but to people's faces he is polite.

The former quality reminds me very much of this forum. Yes, Chris often says what we're thinking. Yes he's sometimes hypocritical (both regarding - as they all do - criticising a flaw in others that he possesses himself and regarding the fact that he is in fact more than polite, but will say the opposite of his feelings to people's faces.)

Let me make it clear: it is a positive thing to be nice to people's faces - 100%.

However, is Chris that nice himself? It doesn't seem like he cares much about many people in there to me. He's criticised that other people couldn't give a stuff about each other but people have shown compassion for Chris who he's never seemed to show any for...

And also, he doesn't just assuage those he dislikes to their face - even his friends if they are doing bitching to him, he'll agree and chip in even if the friend is OTT/wrong too.

Anyway, ultimately, do people like Chris more because they feel he's like them than for what he actually has done in the house? I don't know. I'm trying to work it out. He was my favourite at first in there, but there's just something about him I'm unsure on now. I just can't like him.

Also: this talk of intelligence and otherwise. I dislike how Chris considers himself superior to others in there (a few times he's commented that all the housemates are stupid more or less.) It irritates me when anyone considers themselves above anyone else. And is he that intelligent? Maybe, maybe not - I can't say I've seen evidence Chris has especially more stimulating conversation to offer than anyone else in there. Not that I can say he doesn't either. Maybe if we had live feed we'd know more on this.

I like this post - some good points.

It'd be nice to have a 'like' button on here wouldn't it?
  • Options
    PitmanPitman Posts: 28,495
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sunnydays wrote: »
    .......and me Brynley........although I do have a sneaky regard for Ash..:blush: ........ ...

Sunnydays, why? :o:p
  • Options
    AnnsyreAnnsyre Posts: 109,504
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭

I agree - he is the only person of interest for me too. He is talented and humorous and a refreshing change from the foul mouths.
  • Options
    yellowlabbieyellowlabbie Posts: 59,081
    Forum Member
    Annsyre wrote: »
    I agree - he is the only person of interest for me too. He is talented and humorous and a refreshing change from the foul mouths.

I agree, he is in my top 2 atm, the rest are either pointless or nasty.