Options

EE: They Have Released Flashbacks For Lucy's Murder! The Story So Far...

2»

Comments

• Options
    Laura1981Laura1981 Posts: 152
    Forum Member
    I forgot Whitney logged onto Lucy's social media account. And now Summerhayes thinks Lauren tampered with it.
  • Options
    LilDrew1LilDrew1 Posts: 75
    Forum Member
    Looking so far, you have few things either i missed or that still need to be look at?
    The hate on Lucy social network, Whitney use of Lauren computer. Billy obsession with Lucy and the pictures. Jane seem relatively relaxed which has got me wondering and then there Denise.

I still think there more twist to come in the month ahead, I can see Lauren going down for it, but at the same time i think guilt might consume Whitney. Jane a possibility, Denise outside chance, truth is i would not be surprise if it any of the following

- Peter
    - Jane
    - Denise
    - Whitney
    - Billy
  • Options
    dantay24ukdantay24uk Posts: 2,558
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Flashbacks aren't particularly typical of a British soap opera and during a standard week the audience might find flashbacks a little jarring. Soap operas typically take place in the here and now, so flashbacks don't really suit the style of a show like Eastenders.

While I completely agree with the show don't tell argument, flashbacks wouldn't be right in Eastenders. The 30th anniversary is perhaps an exception as the week as a whole will be a little out of the ordinary so they can afford to be a little more flashy.
  • Options
    FiregazerFiregazer Posts: 5,888
    Forum Member
    dantay24uk wrote: »
    Flashbacks aren't particularly typical of a British soap opera and during a standard week the audience might find flashbacks a little jarring. Soap operas typically take place in the here and now, so flashbacks don't really suit the style of a show like Eastenders.

While I completely agree with the show don't tell argument, flashbacks wouldn't be right in Eastenders. The 30th anniversary is perhaps an exception as the week as a whole will be a little out of the ordinary so they can afford to be a little more flashy.

I agree, sadly, but I think we definitely need closure somehow.
  • Options
    ZadethZadeth Posts: 5,450
    Forum Member
    I stopped watching for a while during May - August. Where did Pam find the folder of pictures of Lucy under the washing machine? Was it in their house?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Zadeth wrote: »
    I stopped watching for a while during May - August. Where did Pam find the folder of pictures of Lucy under the washing machine? Was it in their house?

No it was in Billy's flat which means Billy, Lola or Peter could have put them there.
  • Options
    revans33revans33 Posts: 2,170
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What was the song, was it a radio1 live lounge cover?

The song is called Diamonds originally by Rihanna but that cover in particular is by Josef Salvat :)
  • Options
    TheGraduate2012TheGraduate2012 Posts: 14,822
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It's looks such a great storyline when it's condensed into 5 minutes, but undeniably it has been dragged out far too long, with two months still to endure.
  • Options
    LHolmesLHolmes Posts: 13,887
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Great clip, shows how good the story has been. The length of the story hasn't bothered me as murder investigations can be drawn out. And when you see all the twists we have had, to condense those into a 2-3 month window (had they waited to kill Lucy off) would've been overkill. It's not like the story has particularly dominated and there hasn't been enough other things going on to keep us entertained. The pacing of it has been fine IMO.

EastEnders has had flashbacks before.
  • Options
    alias aliasalias alias Posts: 8,824
    Forum Member
    revans33 wrote: »
    The song is called Diamonds originally by Rihanna but that cover in particular is by Josef Salvat :)

Thanks. :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eDEoC3Xr-fY
    No it was in Billy's flat which means Billy, Lola or Peter could have put them there.

They were Peters, billy hid them to stop him mopping over them all day.
  • Options
    textpesttextpest Posts: 329
    Forum Member
    Having dipped in and out of Eastenders over the past few months I have missed a fair few details. But I do remember hearing that Lucy wasn't killed where she was found. So someone moved her body to where it was found. That surely rules out a few suspects. Denise for example wouldn't have the strength to move a dead body. Or Abi. :confused:
  • Options
    bel110bel110 Posts: 14,087
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think Emma's line when she makes the call at the end is very telling ... She says 'yeah, we need to talk, I know you killed Lucy' . To me that is a very informal call to make to a killer and suggests it's someone she knows very well, someone she wants to give the opportunity to explain themselves before deciding what to do next, someone she wants to persuade to hand themselves in rather than to be arrested. The only people I think she would extend that courtesy to are .... Ian, Peter, Max, Lauren and possibly Abi ... And at an outside chance the male policeman ... Because it reminds me of her call to him after she found out he was following Lauren .... We need to talk, why are you following Lauren ....

If it were anyone else .... Billy, lee, Whitney etc etc she wouldn't bother calling for a chat she'd just put her police hat on and call the police.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks. :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eDEoC3Xr-fY

They were Peters, billy hid them to stop him mopping over them all day.

That's what he said to Pam but it's unlikely there is any truth in it.
  • Options
    Jay_1983Jay_1983 Posts: 1,653
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    bel110 wrote: »
    I think Emma's line when she makes the call at the end is very telling ... She says 'yeah, we need to talk, I know you killed Lucy' . To me that is a very informal call to make to a killer and suggests it's someone she knows very well, someone she wants to give the opportunity to explain themselves before deciding what to do next, someone she wants to persuade to hand themselves in rather than to be arrested. The only people I think she would extend that courtesy to are .... Ian, Peter, Max, Lauren and possibly Abi ... And at an outside chance the male policeman ... Because it reminds me of her call to him after she found out he was following Lauren .... We need to talk, why are you following Lauren ....

If it were anyone else .... Billy, lee, Whitney etc etc she wouldn't bother calling for a chat she'd just put her police hat on and call the police.

I think Emma might also speak to Pam like that, as the two of them appeared to get quite close when Pam confided in Emma about her son's death.
  • Options
    Sorcha_27Sorcha_27 Posts: 138,869
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    D.DotA wrote: »
    I hope EE will do a flashback showing the nights events. The SL would have been a million times better with flashbacks throughout the year. Haven't they heard of the old saying in tv/film - 'Show don't tell'. When characters where telling us about their part in that night it would have been so much better in flashbacks. The SL has been a flop and having flashbacks could have saved it a lot.

You may not like the storyline but saying it's been a flop like you speak for everyone is nonsense.
  • Options
    LeeahLeeah Posts: 20,239
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You may not like the storyline but saying it's been a flop like you speak for everyone is nonsense.

What I was thinking!!