Hollyoaks general discussion (Part 10)

SupportSupport Posts: 70,386
Administrator
Christ, I was so relieved that Brendan was spinning Ash a line tonight - and yes, the Usual Suspects game was clever. :D

Loads better on the Brendan front tonight. I still think the relationship with Ash seems very stagey, and it's a contrived way (if I can still use that word) to show what's going on in his head, but at least it was more believable. Maybe they're better off not playing Brendan for laughs at the moment, because he seems in a very dark place. :cry:

The stuff with the women I quite liked as well. But at some point I hope the characters stop talking and start doing stuff.
    Admin Notice: This thread is a continuation of: http://forums.digitalspy.co.uk/showthread.php?t=1573552

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 13,572
      Forum Member
      ✭✭
      First to post, I can't say that I enjoyed E4 tonight although I did like the girls together, having read next weeks spoilers it's not going to get much better IMO
    • Vanessa73Vanessa73 Posts: 7,330
      Forum Member
      Brendan will always be a bad guy.That will never change. I just want him to treat Ste better. That's all. :cool:
    • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 955
      Forum Member
      ✭✭
      Seeing that people are hating George less, I think it just goes to show that, IMO, it's more to do with the quality of writing than the acting that's the problem sometimes. I think it's the sixth formers 'soft launch' (as ES put it) that may have started a lot of people's hatred towards them.

The same goes for Will, he was reasonably well liked around May-September before the Freshers came in, and I think it was how him and Theresa were written as a couple caused people to turn on him.
    • musicismylifemusicismylife Posts: 242
      Forum Member
      I see its all about brendan again in hollyoaks
    • QueenShebaVIIIQueenShebaVIII Posts: 1,405
      Forum Member
      ✭✭✭

Yeah, if you blacked out during the scenes of the teenagers and the group of women tonight then didn't bother to read all the posts about the episode. ;)
      Forum Member

Of course! He is Hollyoaks! Best thing in it! :D
      Forum Member
      ✭✭
      I found Georges' slump in the chair at the end a laugh out loud moment and like Cyril I was so glad that Brendan was stringing Ash along, boy is she hard faced
    • NeomysterioNeomysterio Posts: 13,426
      Forum Member
      ✭✭
      tinkie wrote: »
      First to post, I can't say that I enjoyed E4 tonight although I did like the girls together, having read next weeks spoilers it's not going to get much better IMO

;) You don't enjoy much at all it seems.
      Forum Member
      ✭✭
      ;) You don't enjoy much it seems lol.

Damn you are right and my New Year's resolution was to be more positive, it doesn't help that I have had the lurgey since Boxing Day so that is bringing me down. I will take a positive pill tomorrow and hope for the best :o
    • NeomysterioNeomysterio Posts: 13,426
      Forum Member
      ✭✭
      tinkie wrote: »
      Damn you are right and my New Year's resolution was to be more positive, it doesn't help that I have had the lurgey since Boxing Day so that is bringing me down. I will take a positive pill tomorrow and hope for the best :o

:D Hehe. I always know when its you posting, even before I look at the username! :p
    • ReoReo Posts: 8,638
      Forum Member
      I liked the girls saying what they are aiming to do this year, surely Lynsey would be able to get her job back now that Silas has been caught and I wonder what Mitzeee will end up doing, I really thought she would be paired up with Brendan, but he wants nothing to do with her.

I think if Sinead was gone and George acted like he did in today's episode more often then the teen group might be alright, but no more love triangles.
      Forum Member
      ✭✭
      :D Hehe. I always know when its you posting, even before I look at the username! :p

That's embarrassing. Well I will try and fool you tomorrow, I seem to remember being positive at least once last year :)
    • cfc86cfc86 Posts: 31,809
      Forum Member
      ✭✭✭
      I liked the E4 episode. It wasn't the best but Brendan playing Ash along with his story was a relief although this is now how I see him talking to her. Or find a new way now Ash found out.
      The girls together was really good especially the end and I hope the writers keep this group of friends. It helps it's my favourite female characters although Cheryl can be a little annoying.

Sixth formers I still don't like or care for. Couldn't care about George and his storyline either but other than that this week, so far, is better than last week.
    • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 9
      Forum Member
      I'm actually enjoying Hollyoaks again, which has been hard since Silas.

It's great that Lynsey acknowledged the impact he had on her life again, it's been a while since he was even mentioned.

I'm actually kind of interested to see what's up with George. I know that he's got money issues, but did his parents kick him out (maybe for his sexuality?), or did something else happen?

I agree with what another poster said about the Ash and Brendan exploration being a bit 'stagey' but it could lead to some nice insight into Brendan.
    • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,859
      Forum Member
      ✭✭✭
      Vanessa73 wrote: »
      Brendan will always be a bad guy.That will never change. I just want him to treat Ste better. That's all. :cool:
      I just want Ste and Brendan to be history. :yawn:
    • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,997
      Forum Member
      ✭✭✭
      I liked that C4 episode!

I seem to be in the minority here, but I like the Brendan/Ash storyline :o I think they've had good writing in the storyline so far and Brendan seems to like, or at least he's interested in, Ash. It's funny, it's like he wants someone to psychoanalyse him to see what they've got to say, but he's hanging on to her for some reason....whether this is out of respect or for some other reason, I guess we'll just have to see. I am liking the psycology-dive in to his character though, we haven't really done that on-screen before all of his psychoanalysis has been done by us! Apart from that scene in the Summer, where he broke down crying to Cheryl, that was lovely :)

I also like the girl scenes in the prison. They really can do a lot with Jacqui/Cindy/Cheryl and the whole lot of them worked really well together tonight. I thought they wrote Carmel's character in form tonight as well. Cheryl was a bit jumpy to make conclusions about Mitzeee/Brendan, but that's just Cheryl. The tiniest complaint I had was Cindy saying, while talking about Mitzeee, "that is what they call an epic fail". She had gone in to a really bitchy speech and I thought she was going to say something very articulate that would ring around the room but it was disappointly more of the talk they've been pushing the last year :D

I also like the scenes at the beginning of the episode, where they showed different montages of Cindy, Jacqui and Mitzeee being interviewed. They were all great!

Sinead/Bart didn't even annoy me that much, but did she really take her top off while Rhys was still inside the house :eek:! Classy!
    • BOOM-BBBOOM-BB Posts: 1,099
      Forum Member
      ✭✭✭
      JoToBo wrote: »
      I just want Ste and Brendan to be history. :yawn:

Each to there own, but HO are not gonna keep there most popular couple apart for ever, they will be back together soon :)
    • RiDsTeRRiDsTeR Posts: 12,226
      Forum Member
      ✭✭
      I'm actually liking the direction Hollyoaks is going in. Building friendships, and more like a community. Even not minding the sixth formers. They were so much better without Maddie on E4. Even starting to feel for George.

They Ash/Brendan stuff is intriguing. It is obviously leading to something. The spoilers indicate something happens, can't wait to find out what though :)
    • QueenShebaVIIIQueenShebaVIII Posts: 1,405
      Forum Member
      ✭✭✭
      BOOM-BB wrote: »
      Each to there own, but HO are not gonna keep there most popular couple apart for ever, they will be back together soon :)

Unless you are a part of the cast and crew of Hollyoaks or somehow have access to more spoilers than we have access to, you do not know for a fact that this will happen.
    • Bluebird69Bluebird69 Posts: 5,570
      Forum Member

They're never even been a proper couple, though, have they? And not in any sense of the word at all since last July. :cool:
      But yeah, the will they/won't they angle keeps people talking (or makes you bored, depending on your pov) so HOs will milk it for all it's worth.
      If you're talking proper HOs couples, I'd say that Rhys & Jacqui, or Darren and Nancy, were the most popular. :)
    • Sifter22Sifter22 Posts: 12,053
      Forum Member
      ✭✭
      Did anyone LOL at the start of the interview with Brenden and Ash? "Yeah it was like a box of lucky charms, rainbows, leprechauns" dunno why, it just cracked me up
    • Jingle JangleJingle Jangle Posts: 2,040
      Forum Member
      ✭✭✭
      RiDsTeR wrote: »
      I'm actually liking the direction Hollyoaks is going in. Building friendships, and more like a community. Even not minding the sixth formers. They were so much better without Maddie on E4. Even starting to feel for George.

They Ash/Brendan stuff is intriguing. It is obviously leading to something. The spoilers indicate something happens, can't wait to find out what though :)

BIB: The sixth formers were so much better tonight because a) they were just larking about and chatting like normal teenagers, b) no-one was talking about their own or other people’s love lives, c) no-one was snogging, and d) finally HO put George in a scene where his sexuality was irrelevant and he didn’t play the gay best friend card.

I’ll still need some convincing, but at least I didn’t want to throw something at the screen tonight at the lot of them.
      Forum Member

Yes, i agree! Stendan will get back together eventually! :)
      Forum Member
      BIB: The sixth formers were so much better tonight because a) they were just larking about and chatting like normal teenagers, b) no-one was talking about their own or other people’s love lives, c) no-one was snogging, and d) finally HO put George in a scene where his sexuality was irrelevant and he didn’t play the gay best friend card.

I’ll still need some convincing, but at least I didn’t want to throw something at the screen tonight at the lot of them.

I think the Callum/George friendship will be interesting! :)
    • BOOM-BBBOOM-BB Posts: 1,099
      Forum Member
      ✭✭✭
      Unless you are a part of the cast and crew of Hollyoaks or somehow have access to more spoilers than we have access to, you do not know for a fact that this will happen.

If you read ES interview then you will no that it isn't over, also both Kieron and Emmett have said it isn't over and that they will only be apart for a little bit. You don't need to be apart of HO or have access to spoilers to no this.

If this is the end for Stendan then why are thy still having them interact as well as have Brendan open up to ash about his feelings towards Ste, I no he never mentioned Ste's name but it is obvious who he was referring to. If there is no future for them then they should have finished it and not have had Ste go back to Brendan after Noah.
    This discussion has been closed.