Hollyoaks general discussion (Part 10)

Comments

• avon942avon942 Posts: 18,831
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I like George with Callum, and I like him with Maddie and Tilly, but I think they need to keep the balance and not just make him an extension of Maddie/Tilly like they did previously.
    He is very popular compared to how he was, this whole storyline has been the making of him! I remember how annoying everybody used to find him!

Agreed!
  • cfc86cfc86 Posts: 31,809
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Good to see Jorgie through to another week. She wasn't as good as previous, like others have said, but still one of the best.
    Still don't like Theresa though.
  • ReoReo Posts: 8,638
    Forum Member
    I would be quite prepared to say that if they gave that storyline months, maybe 4-6 months, that the guy playing George could of easily been up for some sort of award for that. Its a shame it has been so short-lived.

I also hope they don't return him to how he was originally.

That type of storyline is one that needed to last half a year, maybe longer and surprisingly George is perfect for it. I really hope they are brining the storyline and Phoebe back, if not, I fear for the storylines of this year if they can put this one into just a couple of episodes, rather than making it one of the big storylines of the year.
  • lulu glulu g Posts: 52,607
    Forum Member
    Oh I agree! At first he was practically the most hated of the teens, threads of stuff about him, and now we all love him!

I would be quite prepared to say that if they gave that storyline months, maybe 4-6 months, that the guy playing George could of easily been up for some sort of award for that. Its a shame it has been so short-lived.

I also hope they don't return him to how he was originally.
    BIB - I wouldn't go that far.
  • PlantPlant Posts: 11,820
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I still think George and Callum are personality vacuums. The story would be more involving with actors who can act.
  • Sifter22Sifter22 Posts: 12,053
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Plant wrote: »
    I still think George and Callum are personality vacuums. The story would be more involving with actors who can act.

Callum is hit and miss but I think George is pretty good.
  • whoyouarexowhoyouarexo Posts: 6,099
    Forum Member
    Sifter22 wrote: »
    Callum is hit and miss but I think George is pretty good.

Agree. Callum can seem a little wooden sometimes, but that for me was only really in the start.

George, on the other hand, acting wise for me has been a pleasant surprise. When it was announced about this storyline, I was wondering whether the actor could pull it off, but kudos to him, he really has.

George has this vulnerability about him which makes you feel so sorry for him, just the look in his eyes! Hes a sweetie.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Agree. Callum can seem a little wooden sometimes, but that for me was only really in the start.

George, on the other hand, acting wise for me has been a pleasant surprise. When it was announced about this storyline, I was wondering whether the actor could pull it off, but kudos to him, he really has.

George has this vulnerability about him which makes you feel so sorry for him, just the look in his eyes! Hes a sweetie.

Callum for me just doesn't do emotional or shouting scenes well. His tone of voice never seems to change.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 955
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Sifter22 wrote: »
    Callum for me just doesn't do emotional or shouting scenes well. His tone of voice never seems to change.

I think his tone of voice/emotions are meant to be like that, it's part of his characters, he possibly hasn't learnt to express his emotions that well, it does happen
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    npd6900 wrote: »
    I think his tone of voice/emotions are meant to be like that, it's part of his characters, he possibly hasn't learnt to express his emotions that well, it does happen

Hmmm maybe I guess. I've cringed at some of his scenes witth Maddie though
  • TheMunchTheMunch Posts: 9,024
    Forum Member
    npd6900 wrote: »

I'm quite like that actually. I struggle to display emotions so Callum's speech may not be due to bad acting. It sort of fits in with his character.

When I say I struggle to display emotions, I don't really struggle to display emotions when Liverpool score/win though. Then I have no problem. :p
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 698
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Dare Devil wrote: »
    Hollyoaks need to show other characters, just so that there's something else to talk about.

yes! I'm as bored talking about the bloody teens as I am watching them
  • crazyguyz999crazyguyz999 Posts: 1,984
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Any news on when Diane and Finn are next onscreen! Havent seen Finn since Mid autumn! We are now in February! Absolutly shocking way to treat the cast members. I wouldn't be sticking around if I was them and I would refuse to film an exit.
    Forum Member

Is he a sweetie? Really? I'm not convinced. Prior to the whole homelessness reveal, he was far from sweet. His plight is reason to feel sorry for him, but not necessarily reason to like him.
  • ReoReo Posts: 8,638
    Forum Member
    lulu g wrote: »
    Is he a sweetie? I'm not convinced. Prior to the whole homelessness reveal, he was far from sweet. His plight is reason to feel sorry for him, but not necessarily reason to like him.

He is a lot better now and more likeable than he was, but this is all based on his struggle with homelessness when he was vulnerable, now that he is living with Callum he may go back to the way he was before. Before he was struggling with being homeless he was just like the others, quite shallow and he had no problems when it came to making fun of his debate partner, he was quite insulting to her while the others laughed. As long as they don't go back to that George then he could be a lot more likeable.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I wonder how long he can live with Callum though. That can only be temp.
    Forum Member
    cfc86 wrote: »
    Good to see Jorgie through to another week. She wasn't as good as previous, like others have said, but still one of the best.
    Still don't like Theresa though.
    Neither do I. She is far better at ice-dancing than she is at acting. Time for a career change, I'm thinking (and so is she, it would seem).
    Forum Member
    Reo wrote: »
    He is a lot better now and more likeable than he was, but this is all based on his struggle with homelessness when he was vulnerable, now that he is living with Callum he may go back to the way he was before. Before he was struggling with being homeless he was just like the others, quite shallow and he had no problems when it came to making fun of his debate partner, he was quite insulting to her while the others laughed. As long as they don't go back to that George then he could be a lot more likeable.
    BIB - Yes, I agree with that but, since he was totally contemptible before, that's not saying much. Although he is a little more interesting now, the jury's still out, as far as I am concerned, on his likability.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Any news on when Diane and Finn are next onscreen! Havent seen Finn since Mid autumn! We are now in February! Absolutly shocking way to treat the cast members. I wouldn't be sticking around if I was them and I would refuse to film an exit.

The actor is still at school so he can only film when on holiday. Exactly like Declan.
    I can't comment on Diane though. I guess Sinead doesn't really need her.
    Neither do I. She is far better at ice-dancing than she is at acting. Time for a career change, I'm thinking (and so is she, it would seem).

Jorgie is the perfect example of liking the actor/actress but not the character. Theresa is annoying and far from likable but Jorgie is talented at ice skating so maybe away from Hollyoaks she could be better.
    I read where she wants to be on Downton Abbey and play someone different to Theresa. I think she will get more offers due to DOI and she should take them. Theresa should be found out killing Calvin so her exit is ready when she's leaving if the new producer remembers.
    Forum Member
    The actor is still at school so he can only film when on holiday. Exactly like Declan.

Jorgie is the perfect example of liking the actor/actress but not the character. Theresa is annoying and far from likable but Jorgie is talented at ice skating so maybe away from Hollyoaks she could be better.
    I read where she wants to be on Downton Abbey and play someone different to Theresa. I think she will get more offers due to DOI and she should take them. Theresa should be found out killing Calvin so her exit is ready when she's leaving if the new producer remembers.
    I don't like the actress or the character. The things that I find exceedingly irritating about the character seem to present in the actress too. Downton Abbey - I don't think so. Musical theatre may be more suited to her talents.
  • crazyguyz999crazyguyz999 Posts: 1,984
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Yes but arent all child actors, but we still see them a lot. Charlie and Tom are seen more and they are at school I am guessing.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't like the actress or the character. The things that I find exceedingly irritating about the character seem to present in the actress too. Downton Abbey - I don't think so. Musical theatre may be more suited to her talents.

As long as she's away from Hollyoaks I don't mind. Can't say I've missed Theresa at all.
    Yes but arent all child actors, but we still see them a lot. Charlie and Tom are seen more and they are at school I am guessing.

When was Charlie last on? Hollyoaks should sort the kids out but I guess they're not needed much.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,123
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If you're talking about other soaps, I think some of them have on-set tutors? None of the child actors on Hollyoaks appear that often and they are all at school - apart from the babies and toddlers obviously. Tom's appearances are very blocky - we see him quite a bit for a few weeks and then he disappears for a couple of months. It coincides with Ellis's schooling. As for Charlie - he seems to have a different head every single time we see him! There's been at least 4 in the past 12 months that I've noticed, and possibly even more than that. At one point I think Arlo's younger brother (remember them?) was playing him!

I guess the problem with Finn is that he's only available for a couple of weeks at a time and because the character is fairly limited it's hard to shoehorn him in for those windows. Unlike Tom or Charlie, who are part of a household that often have storylines. To be honest I've never really thought that either Diane or Finn were all that though so I'm not bothered by their lack of appearance.
  • TheMunchTheMunch Posts: 9,024
    Forum Member

Finn's actor is still in school, so he can't be as regular as we'd like.

Can't say the same about Diane though. I know Alex Fletcher's been busy with other projects, including some charity work, but I don't know how much of her time that is taking up and whether or not that has anything to do with her absence on Hollyoaks.

I remember someone saying in this topic that she's next on our screen around March.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 955
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

I read on here in about December that, apparently, Diane revealed on Twitter that we would next see her on-screen at the end of March
This discussion has been closed.