Hollyoaks general discussion (Part 10)

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,123
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Dare Devil wrote: »
    So Mitzeee works in Chez Chez? Since when?
    She obviously got the job offscreen, hence the expositionary "you work here" line and promotion to events manager. It's hardly a big deal, her getting the job probably wouldn't have been very interesting to see onscreen.
  • avon942avon942 Posts: 18,831
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Was the lady who plays nancy is that children's show 'the worst witch'?
  • ReoReo Posts: 8,638
    Forum Member
    KiaraMoore wrote: »
    She obviously got the job offscreen, hence the expositionary "you work here" line and promotion to events manager. It's hardly a big deal, her getting the job probably wouldn't have been very interesting to see onscreen.

I think Mitzeee getting this job would have been interesting, Brendan told Mitzeee that he wanted nothing to do with her, so he wouldn't have given her the job and wouldn't have been happy with Cheryl giving her the job.. They should have taken 10 minutes away from the teens to show this.
  • Ready Steady GoReady Steady Go Posts: 39,592
    Forum Member
    Reo wrote: »
    I think Mitzeee getting this job would have been interesting, Brendan told Mitzeee that he wanted nothing to do with her, so he wouldn't have given her the job and wouldn't have been happy with Cheryl giving her the job.. They should have taken 10 minutes away from the teens to show this.

Exactly. I can't see Brendan agreeing to give her a job given what's happened between them lately.
  • rocketsaladrocketsalad Posts: 1,073
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    avon942 wrote: »

Enid Nightshade I think.

You know what would've made that final scene better? An explosion. :cool:
    Forum Member
    .... and then they all died.... and then I woke up.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    They are not going, Maddie said George had disappeared and Tilly was busy, then she got a text from Callum saying he couldn't make it.

I know but obviously they were planing on them going so couldn't Ricky take one of their spaces?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Enid Nightshade I think.

You know what would've made that final scene better? An explosion. :cool:

At yes thank you! I knew she looked familiar!
    Forum Member
    Not a brilliant episode, especially compared to yesterday, but at least we are back to seeing a lot of the older characters again and the teen scenes are getting shorter.
  • PlantPlant Posts: 11,820
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Why does Cheryl always talk as if she owns the club when she only owns 2%?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 698
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    avon942 wrote: »

yes she was :)

that crash, well, more of a prang... HO finally listening to what many of us wanted, shame I know they'll all be absolutely fine - so bittersweet. It's teasing, really

:rolleyes: :p
  • Dare DevilDare Devil Posts: 118,737
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    .... and then they all died.... and then I woke up.

I was hoping for moer of a spectaluclar crash, you know one that might cause an injury ( or death :o) or two, not whiplash.

Plus, Mitzeee made a 'thing' of saying she was oging to get a 'proper' job, so I would've liked to have seen a scene between Lynsey, Cheryl and maybe Brendan. Even if it was just a quick, "Cheryllllll, can I please have a job?" "Well, yes ofcourse you can, love" Cue Brendan "What!?" ....
  • Ready Steady GoReady Steady Go Posts: 39,592
    Forum Member
    Plant wrote: »
    Why does Cheryl always talk as if she owns the club when she only owns 2%?
    Wishful thinking ;)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,123
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Not really. Brendan would have been grumpy about it and eventually agreed reluctantly. I doubt it would have been anything more interesting than that. The characters are good but there's not much of a plot there ultimately, regardless of what you think of the teens. The sole point of that scene tonight was obviously to tell us she was working there and has become events manager, so I don't see it as a hard thing to accept.
  • cyrilandshirleycyrilandshirley Posts: 48,569
    Forum Member
    Seems like I missed all the fun last night. :(

Really boring and flat tonight. I did love Mitzeee though, she just brings the whole place alive. Agree it's strange continuity that she'd end up working for Brendan when they parted on really bad terms.

Hopefully the wedding stuff will hot up again later.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,443
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I thought that episode was great. I loved Mitzeee especially "its spotty". I loved Cindy's scenes, Steph Waring is an amazing actress. I'd prefer Darren to be with Cindy although i like him with Nancy, i realise its not a popular opinion though. Darren wearing the backpack everywhere now he's planning a wedding is hilarious too.
  • Dare DevilDare Devil Posts: 118,737
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    That was a bit dull and are they low on budget for the stunts now? Or were they just off that day they planned and filmed that?

Quite a good range of stuff going on in todays ep - Lynsey potentially gtting her job back, Dr Browning revisited, Darren/Cindy, Nancy worrying about her future with Darren (tanks to her mother!), Cheryl/Mitzeee and the forgone, the teens, but it still didn't 'wow' me. Maybe it's just me.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I agree it's strange that Mitzeee is suddenly working at the club but it does mean the return of Britzeee :D
  • TheMunchTheMunch Posts: 9,024
    Forum Member
    KiaraMoore wrote: »

I've always liked how you shoot down the nit picking stuff. Saves me the hassle. :p

It's not hard to accept or consider the possibility of things happening off screen. We're meant to be aware that the people of Hollyoaks are still alive and doing things while off screen. It's not like Night at the Museum. Mitzeee and Brendan could have also made up during this period too.

Does Neil have any idea how lucky he actually is? He keeps getting tested yet his lies are allowed to continue. The tyres get fixed without anyone knowing or caring and then there were police and he managed to get passed them without them pulling them over.

Cheryl searching for Mitzeee and Mitzeee saying "with three es" and Cheryl saying something along the lines of "I know. I've been told" (can't remember the exact words), that made the episode for me.

I even liked some of the teen stuff. Don't like how Ricky is being so isolated though. If he can't fit in with the teens, put him with some grown ups. I mean Tom has always been around adults and it hasn't done him any harm. If anything the adults around him are the ones that suffer.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 13,572
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    In a wedding shop/boutique there would always be an assistant or two on hand to help with the bride to be, yes picky I know
  • cyrilandshirleycyrilandshirley Posts: 48,569
    Forum Member
    tinkie wrote: »
    In a wedding shop/boutique there would always be an assistant or two on hand to help with the bride to be

:D I thought that. Those dresses are worth a fortune.

But I wouldn't want to be accused of nitpicking. ;)
  • mojo5000mojo5000 Posts: 54,086
    Forum Member
    Dare Devil wrote: »
    Great Doug video too Mojo! I wasn't a fan of the episode, but liked the Without You song with him on the bridge. Your video is great montage of that episode and really well edited :)

Oh thank you very much :).

Pretty dull episode on E4 for me. Mitzeee, Darren, Nancy and Cindy the highlights. I'm afraid Mercedes and Lynsey are not characters I really like so I wasn't a fan of their scenes.

And it baffled me that Mitzeee was shown with a job at Chez Chez when things with her and Brendan are so sour. Maybe it's not vital to show but more important than another Ruby sees Jono is an idiot scene.
    Forum Member
    It isn't hard to accept Mitzeee working there, but it is also something that I (and it seems others) would have liked to have seen happen. Even with a simple script, the best actors and characters can make it great. There are a couple of reason why they should have shown it happen, one being that Brendan wouldn't have easily accepted it and another because Mitzeee made a point of saying she was broke very early on in the year, that led me to believe we would actually see her trying to get a job and starting one, not just appearing in the club weeks after not being seen.

And that 10 minutes would have meant 10 minutes less of the teens, if anything is pointless, it is most of what we see of the teens. How much filler have we had so far this year and pointless teen scenes?
  • ally08ally08 Posts: 34,709
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Come on, how on earth could they show Mitzeee and Brendan making up when they had to fit in yet one more reference to Technival, Maddie has only mentioned it 27 thousand times now.

It's in Sheffield you know. ;)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    And they had to show Jono and Ruby not being able to talk to each other over and over and over again.
This discussion has been closed.