Hollyoaks general discussion (Part 10)

Comments

• ReoReo Posts: 8,638
    Forum Member
    iShum wrote: »
    I moan because I care about it being the best it can be, and what I know it can be

Exactly that, if people didn't care for the show anymore, they wouldn't even bother. But all these complaints, they are constructive, we know what we want, what we don't want, what the show is capable of and where it fails and that is all we post. When it's great, it is all praise, but when it is bad, of course people are going to complain and say what they should be doing instead.

Not that I have too much hope that we will be listened to, but not posting opinions is a sure way that you wont be listened to, so if we post our thoughts and feelings on everything, there is a chance they could finally listen.

They film 6 weeks ahead? So who knows, maybe soon we will see changes, it's not like they can do anything about the episodes they have ready to show next week.
  • superstar111superstar111 Posts: 18,479
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I assume I'm going to be in a minority when I say that I absolutely loathe the storylining of Nancy and Darren. Everyone has been harping on about wanting a storyline for the pair, specifically Nancy, when I just think they should go now. Darren's good when he's with Cindy and when he's with Frankie and Jack, but as a couple Nancy and Darren have no chemistry IMO. Nancy used to be an amazing character, one of my favourites, but turning her into a squeaky, self righteous madam has ruined the character. She was always obnoxious but by god they've taken it to a whole new level.

I don't really mind the teenagers, except for Maddie. George is probably the best teen to be on the show in recent years, excellent actor too. I think alot of people dislike him because he's a stereotypical gay guy, but these kind of people do exist. To me, it's far more realistic that they show someone like George than all these John Paul/Craig/Ste (though recently he's turned into John Barrowman) and Brendan types.

I know I harp on about her alot but I bloody wish they'd give Amy something decent to do. I'm fed up of her being a sideline in Ste/Brendan/Other storylines. They should move her out of Ste's flat and in with Michaela in a new set, because when they two are together, they're great. A hard hitting, realistic storyline would be great, although the way Hollyoaks is going, I doubt it will happen.

It seems to have turned into Doctors with these storylines lasting a day and a half before reverting back as if nothing ever happened, what's up with thaaaat?!

I don't really get the people either wanting more Lynsey/Rhys/Jaqui/Mercedes, I mean come on, they've been on screen all last year with serious storylines, please give some others a shot. And by others I do NOT mean the odious Neil.
  • Jingle JangleJingle Jangle Posts: 2,040
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Reo wrote: »
    Exactly that, if people didn't care for the show anymore, they wouldn't even bother. But all these complaints, they are constructive, we know what we want, what we don't want, what the show is capable of and where it fails and that is all we post. When it's great, it is all praise, but when it is bad, of course people are going to complain and say what they should be doing instead.

Not that I have too much hope that we will be listened to, but not posting opinions is a sure way that you wont be listened to, so if we post our thoughts and feelings on everything, there is a chance they could finally listen.

They film 6 weeks ahead? So who knows, maybe soon we will see changes, it's not like they can do anything about the episodes they have ready to show next week.

BIB: Well, this is what worries me. We've all been complaining about the teens for months now and there's definitely been a shift in the characters and I'm sure some re-writing has taken place, but there's been no overall improvement, other than with George. On the contrary, the teens as a group are even more vile now than they were last year.

If this is what HOs does to redress the balance when taking on board negative feedback, then it doesn't really bode well.
  • Vanessa73Vanessa73 Posts: 7,330
    Forum Member
    I'm sick of getting abuse just because i like both Brenda and Ally! :mad::mad::mad::mad:
  • Ready Steady GoReady Steady Go Posts: 39,592
    Forum Member
    Nancy used to be an amazing character, one of my favourites, but turning her into a squeaky, self righteous madam has ruined the character. She was always obnoxious but by god they've taken it to a whole new level.
    Nancy has changed quite a bit, but I think it was a natural progression. She went from a wild child to someone who was more mature, more structured. I think it started with the whole Ravi/Kris triangle, when she realised that she wanted to be in a serious relationship.
    I still love her, but she can be judgemental at times.

As for George, I don't think people disliked him because he was camp. I think it was because he was...annoying. He's softened, and the actor's been a bit more subtle lately.
  • bananashakebananashake Posts: 2,635
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The thing about overnight ratings is that they can go up by 0.1 k to 0.3k which is quite a difference for Hollyoaks. For example an episode which rated 0.85k could go up to 1.15m or 0.95k! Depends on how many people recorded it and watched it within a week.
    Forum Member
    Vanessa73 wrote: »
    I'm sick of getting abuse just because i like both Brenda and Ally! :mad::mad::mad::mad:
    What abuse have you been getting?
    Forum Member
    What abuse have you been getting?

From the Brendan Brady thread. Nevermind. They always make fun of me. They hate me. I'm used to it.
    Forum Member
    From the Brendan Brady thread. Nevermind. They always make fun of me. They hate me. I'm used to it.
    I'm sure they don't hate you! I've never heard anyone making fun of anyone personally.
    Forum Member
    I'm sure they don't hate you! I've never heard anyone making fun of anyone personally.

They never name me, but i know they're talking about me. They make fun of me and everything i say. I'm sick of it! :mad:
  • cyrilandshirleycyrilandshirley Posts: 48,569
    Forum Member

:confused:

I haven't seen you on there recently, Vanessa.

Like who you like, it's no one's business but your own.
  • BrekkieBrekkie Posts: 23,889
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't really mind the teenagers, except for Maddie. George is probably the best teen to be on the show in recent years, excellent actor too. I think alot of people dislike him because he's a stereotypical gay guy, but these kind of people do exist. To me, it's far more realistic that they show someone like George than all these John Paul/Craig/Ste (though recently he's turned into John Barrowman) and Brendan types.
    They've actually done well making George as you say stereotypical and then actually putting him in a completely non stereotypical situation, rather than just keeping him as the light camp guy. I just hope they don't go down the route yet again of turning a straight man gay for a love story.
    Forum Member
    Brekkie wrote: »
    I just hope they don't go down the route yet again of turning a straight man gay for a love story.
    Me too! It's such a nice change to have a close relationship between Callum and George, without anything more to it. I don't mind if George still likes him, but if it's returned in any way, then I'll be disappointed.
    Forum Member
    :confused:

I haven't seen you on there recently, Vanessa.

Like who you like, it's no one's business but your own.

I feel i can't express my opinions anymore. Someone in the thread puts me down and makes fun of everything i say. :(
  • cyrilandshirleycyrilandshirley Posts: 48,569
    Forum Member
    I feel i can't express my opinions anymore. Someone in the thread puts me down and makes fun of everything i say. :(

All threads can get a bit cut and thrust sometimes. :(

A lot of it's just joking. But it is a Brendan Brady fan thread. I guess you can't really expect many people on there to be crazy about the idea of Ste moving on with someone else.

Everyone should be able to express their opinions - but I always expect a bit of disagreement back. Plenty of people disagree with my views. Don't take it personally. :)
    Forum Member
    All threads can get a bit cut and thrust sometimes. :(

A lot of it's just joking. But it is a Brendan Brady fan thread. I guess you can't really expect many people on there to be crazy about the idea of Ste moving on with someone else.

Everyone should be able to express their opinions - but I always expect a bit of disagreement back. Plenty of people disagree with my views. Don't take it personally. :)

But a couple of posters look at what i say on twitter, then slag me off on the thread. It's very hurtful. :(:cry:
    Forum Member
    But a couple of posters look at what i say on twitter, then slag me off on the thread. It's very hurtful. :(:cry:
    They didn't know it was you. I think it's because people lurk and then post what people are speculating as fact. Maybe they thought that you were posting that Brendan's going to be violent again, when there's been no spoiler for that. I think it's just a misunderstanding :)
    Forum Member
    They didn't know it was you. I think it's because people lurk and then post what people are speculating as fact. Maybe they thought that you were posting that Brendan's going to be violent again, when there's been no spoiler for that. I think it's just a misunderstanding :)

I never said it was a fact. It was just my opinion. :(:cry:
    Forum Member
    I never said it was a fact. It was just my opinion. :(:cry:
    Maybe they didn't realise that? I'm sure it wasn't personal :)
    Forum Member
    Maybe they didn't realise that? I'm sure it wasn't personal :)

I hope not. I don't understand why they don't like me. :(
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,352
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I haven't posted in this thread in a while. :D Hope everyone is well. I stopped watching Hollyoaks for a while just after Silas left, but I'm watching again and it's still going strong, especially with the George homeless storyline. :)
  • Mark FMark F Posts: 53,041
    Forum Member
    What's happened to Barney and his crew like Rob/Scott?
  • Get Den WattsGet Den Watts Posts: 6,039
    Forum Member
    What happened to the Mercy/Dr Love storyline?
    Forum Member
    Mark F wrote: »
    What's happened to Barney and his crew like Rob/Scott?
    They're coming back over the next few weeks, I think. It'll be nice to see them again. They've not been used nearly enough.
    Forum Member
    I have a bad feeling about the next Stendan scene. All they do is argue. :(
This discussion has been closed.