Person of Interest S3: US Pace

Comments

• nathanbrazilnathanbrazil Posts: 8,863
    Forum Member
    Squiggle wrote: »
    Finally, when it comes to John Reese, he provides all the eye candy this girl needs. Yum! :p

What, no love for Michael Emerson? As Finch he's the God of Geeks, but in Lost he was tougher and smarter than Reese.... if not as pretty. ;)
  • SchmiznurfSchmiznurf Posts: 4,434
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Have we seen the head of the whistleblowing/hacking outfit before?

It's just Reese said to him something along the lines of "last time we met you shot me in the back"

He was in episode 2 of this season, where Reese had to protect the man who ran a social network named LifeTrace. It's where he had a party and was showing a tribute to him and his wife, and heavy metal started blaring and the pictures were him with another woman. He seemed to be just a man working for another company who wanted to work with him for data stuff. At the end he revealed himself by shooting the man and Reese, although Reese had a vest on.
  • radcliffe95radcliffe95 Posts: 4,086
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Schmiznurf wrote: »
    He was in episode 2 of this season, where Reese had to protect the man who ran a social network named LifeTrace. It's where he had a party and was showing a tribute to him and his wife, and heavy metal started blaring and the pictures were him with another woman. He seemed to be just a man working for another company who wanted to work with him for data stuff. At the end he revealed himself by shooting the man and Reese, although Reese had a vest on.

Thanks I remember now, will have to pay more attention:p
  • Matt DMatt D Posts: 13,153
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Excellent episode! :)

Great to see how things are tying together.
  • TheTruth1983TheTruth1983 Posts: 13,462
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Another strong episode with a nice convergence in jobs with the Shaw/Root job coming together with Reese/Finch. I also like how this is the first time the rooky cop struggled with a HR job. Perhaps that sees a major turnaround with his character and his loyalty to HR.
  • Metal MickeyMetal Mickey Posts: 1,606
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Another good episode. I do always admire the way the show keeps all of the B-plots (Root, HR, Elias, Miss Shaw's ex-agency, and now Vigilance) spinning, though I'm worried that they're getting too far away from the "saving numbers" core story...

I also hope they have a good resolution/progression to the Root thread in mind - I can't help feeling it's too abstract, and she's too "omniscient" to be an dramatically effective antagonist. Funny to see how much taller Amy Acker is than Sarah Shahi though!
  • Ed SizzersEd Sizzers Posts: 2,671
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Good episode last night. Nice balance of back to basics, whilst still furthering the HR story. Was surprised to see the back of one character so soon though.

According the promo for next week, it's the start of a 'Three Episode Event'. There's a potentially spoiler'esque promo here, although how spoilerish it actually is remains to be seen. It all looks a bit too obvious to me.

Spoiler/Speculation...
    The promo actually reminded me of a rumour that broke a few weeks ago - http://tvline.com/2013/10/17/blind-item-ausiello-series-kill-off-star/. And when you think about, look at the facts
    - It would seem daft for the promo to spoil Fosco's death if that was really going to happen.
    - It's a big epic 3 episode event just before the likely mid season break. If you're gonna kill your show's hero, that's how you do it.
    - AND we've already got a 'replacement' lined up, who has been very much established over the start of this series..

:eek:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ed Sizzers wrote: »
    Good episode last night. Nice balance of back to basics, whilst still furthering the HR story. Was surprised to see the back of one character so soon though.

According the promo for next week, it's the start of a 'Three Episode Event'. There's a potentially spoiler'esque promo here, although how spoilerish it actually is remains to be seen. It all looks a bit too obvious to me.

Spoiler/Speculation...
    The promo actually reminded me of a rumour that broke a few weeks ago - http://tvline.com/2013/10/17/blind-item-ausiello-series-kill-off-star/. And when you think about, look at the facts
    - It would seem daft for the promo to spoil Fosco's death if that was really going to happen.
    - It's a big epic 3 episode event just before the likely mid season break. If you're gonna kill your show's hero, that's how you do it.
    - AND we've already got a 'replacement' lined up, who has been very much established over the start of this series..

:eek:

POI is on CBS and the rumour was updated to say CBS was not one of the networks the actor is on.
  • radcliffe95radcliffe95 Posts: 4,086
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    POI is on CBS and the rumour was updated to say CBS was not one of the networks the actor is on.

It won't be
    Reese, the show would be finished without him - wouldn't mind it being Shaw though:p
  • jette52jette52 Posts: 256
    Forum Member
    It won't be
    Reese, the show would be finished without him - wouldn't mind it being Shaw though:p

i cannot stand shaw.
  • SquiggleSquiggle Posts: 2,547
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Shaw is a great addition. Let's face it, Reese cannot do it all on his own. John, Harold, Joss, Lionel, (sometimes Zoe) and Bear make a nice little team. ;)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    That was the best episode of the season so far, it's great seeing everything fit together so perfectly. Looking forward to the next episode.
  • koantemplationkoantemplation Posts: 101,293
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    That was the best episode of the season so far, it's great seeing everything fit together so perfectly. Looking forward to the next episode.

Yes a very good episode, it's all coming together well.

I'm glad Carter called in the team, rather than going alone.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yes a very good episode, it's all coming together well.

I'm glad Carter called in the team, rather than going alone.

Same. I just knew that when the judge called HR Carter knew he was part of it and did it on purpose. I was expecting another FBI team to bust in at the last minute though, but the way they did it leads to something good.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So, this episode made it look like Carter was going to bite the bullet and I almost believed she might, but it seemed too early in the three-part story for that to happen. I still think it looks too obvious that Fosco's on the way out. Shaw seems unlikely, given that she hasn't really been with the show long enough for it to be considered a big impact if she died (although personally, I'd be unhappy to see her go).

So that just leaves Reese. And maybe Carter isn't out of the woods yet.
  • Gaz22Gaz22 Posts: 18,952
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yet another cracking episode. Deciding to watch this show when it first aired on Channel 5 was an excellent decision. Rarely any poor episodes and a good selection of A+ ones. The latest being no exception.

I am worried about potential deaths though. The "gang" has gotten so big now that I feel a couple of deaths are imminent. The only ones who I feel are really safe are Harold and Reese.
  • eggshelleggshell Posts: 4,416
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Loved Reeses incredulous "is that my rocket launcher ?!"

Sadly my money is on Lionel biting the bullet...to some extent he'll never lose the baggage of the stuff he did as a corrupt cop without making the ultimate sacrifice.

But really there are none of the team I'd like to see die so I'm preparing my box of paper Hankies.
  • nathanbrazilnathanbrazil Posts: 8,863
    Forum Member
    Ed Sizzers wrote: »
    And maybe Carter isn't out of the woods yet.

That's what I was thinking. Will all the goodbye stuff going on, I can see the possibility of her bringing the head of HR to justice, then walking out of the court or police station, only to get shot or run down by a remaining higher ranking bad guy. The one that got away in the last episode. Hope not, as she's become an increasingly good character. That said, where they go next with her, I don't know. Same for Fusco, I suppose.
  • Matt DMatt D Posts: 13,153
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    That was an excellent episode.
  • koantemplationkoantemplation Posts: 101,293
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Ahh :( They had to do it.

Felt a lot like 16 Blocks. Kept hoping it wouldn't happen but once the phone rang you just knew what was going to happen.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The feels train steamrolled me right into the ground. What a fantastic episode!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ahh :( They had to do it.

Felt a lot like 16 Blocks. Kept hoping it wouldn't happen but once the phone rang you just knew what was going to happen.
    Yep. And between the earlier kiss and the all-too-neat 'happy ending', it was obvious who it was going to happen to. :(
  • Choc13257weqChoc13257weq Posts: 246
    Forum Member
    :(
    That's all I can say!
  • jaimeswjaimesw Posts: 1,608
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    best programme on TV right now.... brilliant end.
  • xander63xander63 Posts: 669
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Lost for words! What an absolute adrenaline fueled episode, a game changer!

If there is a better show on TV right now, please let me know?!

Hat's off to the writers and cast.