Terry's 'Everyman' mask slipping

2»

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,856
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    pickwick wrote: »
    Yes, but I've never seen "average" defined as "within two standard deviations of the mean" - in fact, the average is a single number, usually the mean, median or mode.

LOL - I was indeed sloppy in my use of average: maybe I shouldn't have borrowed Terry's "everyman" mask. But, I do stand by the idea that most people are "averagely" intelligent.
  • pickwickpickwick Posts: 25,739
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    jwprg wrote: »
    LOL - I was indeed sloppy in my use of average: maybe I shouldn't have borrowed Terry's "everyman" mask.
    Never mind, we've just had an intellectual conversation and proved we're not all thickos :D

And yeah, intelligence will be on a normal distribution curve, and most people will be near the middle.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 16,986
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Is it my imagination or are posters putting more effort into grammar, vocabulary and punctuation in this thread than is usual? :)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,856
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    pickwick wrote: »
    Never mind, we've just had an intellectual conversation and proved we're not all thickos :D

And yeah, intelligence will be on a normal distribution curve, and most people will be near the middle.

Oh I am a thicko - just an average one!

It was good though to not just be posting: yes she is; oh not she's not; oh yes she is...........for a couple of hours!
  • chelle6chelle6 Posts: 5,953
    Forum Member
    I likes him I do an I fink he is real smart like. I dont fink he ment me wen he said thik at all. He has learnt me all sort of smart stuff on nite time live fead. ANd I think he shud win the hole show. :D:D

Terry has a great attitude to BB he is not taking it too seriously, he has taken part in every task with gusto and has been fair and reasonable to the other HMs. He does not go along with everything Coolio and Tommy says he has his on mind.

Terry must win I saw his kids on BBLB they are so cute and sweet and I think they deserve that caravan :)
  • NotawordNotaword Posts: 10,804
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Well that argument says that at the end of the day he end up with the upper hand over the people that have voted. Think it over love, come back and I'll mark you again, currently a C for effort and a B cos you've got nice baps.

My baps are worth an A+ btw.

Upperhand only if he wins, which he wont, BB have their ordained winner and secondly he has to get work after BB.....................he's had his day, a couple of months doing the circuit and puff he's gone. Another RTV show down the line but nothing that will measure up to what Terry's perceived interlect warrants.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 23,570
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Terry has a magpie mind that retains obscure snippets of information. That in itself does not make him an intellectual, just someone who would do well at pub quizzes. I wonder if the fact he didn't go on to higher education and is in a media field not exactly known for its academic rigour, makes him have something of a chip on his shoulder and makes him browbeat anyone else's knowledge? ;) Still, rather Terry's bragging than Brian Bello's disgraceful denial that he had even heard of William Shakespeare, despite having sat and passed written papers on Shakespearean plays at GCSE.
  • quislingquisling Posts: 2,289
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Terry's a bit of a geek and comes from a time when being clever was something to be admired - but from a background where people weren't expected to be clever.
    I'd be a lot happier if more CBB viewers could identify with Terry rather than, say, Michelle.

He's around my age and like me, he probably regrets the passing of times when education didn't just mean being programmed to pass exams and where the majority of 'Famous People' (I don't think we had 'Celebs' in those days) were famous for having done something other than appearing in Heat magazine.
  • Wicked FatherWicked Father Posts: 1,911
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Notaword wrote: »
    My baps are worth an A+

Lol - nice reply. And SinSeer you're absolutely right about retentiveness and intelligence being unrelated, but it helps if you've got both (I can't even remember if I've put the kettle on). Of course that doesn't really matter in this situation. I like what Terry did. He showed a... wouldn't say disdain for what he's doing but a kind of playful nod that he knows it's not the best thing in the world.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 558
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    i don't like terry, big brother is something sacrosanct and it must be taken very seriously. a matter of life and death.
  • Wicked FatherWicked Father Posts: 1,911
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    pantastic wrote: »
    i don't like terry, big brother is something sacrosanct and it must be taken very seriously. a matter of life and death.

lol! Yes yes! From now on I hate everyone who says "I caaaant wait for my intervooo wiv Davinnaaaahhhh!"
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,686
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Is it my imagination or are posters putting more effort into grammar, vocabulary and punctuation in this thread than is usual? :)

Same here. People are putting extra effort to come across as intelligent on this thread, lol Good stuff!

Amazing what Terry can do to people! :D
  • AnthonyJohnAnthonyJohn Posts: 3,034
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You have to be careful, there are spell checking police about.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,988
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    jwprg wrote: »
    I always feel honoured to be insulted by someone who hasn't quite got to grips with the grammar, syntax or punctuation of said insult.

Thank you Wicked Father; you have cheered up my evening.
    Can't see any grammar, syntax or punctuation errors in Wicked Father's post that you're criticising here.

Would you care to point then out to this thicko?