Options

What have you done today?

Comments

• Options
    DangermooseDangermoose Posts: 67,997
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Been laid up on the sofa in blood curdly screaming agony all day, off my trolley on painkillers. Good times ;)
  • Options
    Cissy FairfaxCissy Fairfax Posts: 11,819
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    CLL Dodge wrote: »
    Sat by my father's bedside. The nurses say he has only hours left.

Very sorry to hear that, makes what I will post pretty insignificant. Hope you get through it.
  • Options
    Cissy FairfaxCissy Fairfax Posts: 11,819
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ran the Bournemouth Marathon, 'unseasonably hot' as they always seem to be, but a good one and I would recommend it for any marathon runners, quick course, stunning clifftop views, good crowds, mix of crowds of thousands and quiet stretches with nobody for a mile - and you get to run down both piers. Bit overpriced though.
  • Options
    DangermooseDangermoose Posts: 67,997
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

So sorry tp hear that Dodge *hugs*
  • Options
    NickelbackNickelback Posts: 23,764
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Been up to farm, mucked out stable out, went horse riding, feed my horse (misty) put her in stable for night, come home put dinner on,tinkled a bit on computer, watched telly..
  • Options
    Fibromite59Fibromite59 Posts: 22,518
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

So sorry to hear that Dodge. I have been there myself. Two years ago I sat with my Dad holding his hand all day like that. I was so glad that I could be there for him in his final hours though.

I have been to church harvest festival this morning. Went to see Michael Palin on tour this evening, it was very good and there were lots of laughs.

In so much pain today and my knee keeps giving way, don't know what's wrong with it. :(
  • Options
    RadiomaniacRadiomaniac Posts: 43,510
    Forum Member
    Spent the weekend in beautiful Somerset with family. Fell in love with the place, scenery, people and food!

Yesterday in Wookey Hole caves, Weston-super-Mare and surrounding areas and today In Cheddar Gorge. Gorge is the word - gorgeous!
  • Options
    stoatiestoatie Posts: 78,106
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Spent the day in a weird emotional place after talk with ex last night. All friendly, but just a headful of stuff to deal with. Played a LOT of videogames. Then went to the pub with a mate- that just sorted everything out. Hugged dog a lot.
  • Options
    Fibromite59Fibromite59 Posts: 22,518
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Had a bad day. In so much pain. My right knee kept giving way so rang doc. Got appointment for late afternoon and before that, my left knee also started giving way and was even more painful that the right one. She says my ligaments are all pulled each side of both knees but has no idea why as I haven't done anything to cause it. The pain is horrible and I can't walk properly. Just told to rest and use ice packs on knees and then wheat packs.
  • Options
    muggins14muggins14 Posts: 61,844
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It's 3 months since Mum was given the all clear on her cancer, so today was blood-test and check-up day to see if all is still okay, drove her to hospital but couldn't drive her home as it was school finish, so I don't know what was said as I didn't want to call and hound her, she probably was exhausted although I'm now up wondering!

Did my household budget spreadsheets up to end of year.

Ignored housework, again :blush:

Fretted over every raindrop (had roof repaired last week but don't trust it as I've had repeated roof leaks over the years) ... all good so far though.

Just took a quick look up - Dodge, I am so sorry to hear about your Dad, my thoughts are with you x
  • Options
    TardisSteveTardisSteve Posts: 8,077
    Forum Member
    Voluntary Work
  • Options
    The MartianThe Martian Posts: 1,610
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sat about watching YouTube videos and eating junk food.

I'm now drinking vodka with malibu and milk.

Meeting up with my American cousin and our friends later for some online gaming.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 53,142
    Forum Member
    working, then went to Tesco, got home, had dinner, watched tv, went back out to other work, came home, did tea, watched the soaps, now on here,,bath soon then bed, hope to have a lie in , in morning :p
  • Options
    TardisSteveTardisSteve Posts: 8,077
    Forum Member
    Voluntary Work
  • Options
    †¤AzumiMiyako¤††¤AzumiMiyako¤† Posts: 3,061
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Had my hair cut!

Was meant to be going out tonight with work but none of us felt like it.
  • Options
    CrazyLoopCrazyLoop Posts: 31,148
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Woke up to my sister shaking me awake :p
    Got ready for my day ahead
    Caught the bus
    Met my friend and we walked to uni
    Was at uni til this afternoon and had a lot of fun actually with my bestie and our friend
    Me and said friend walked back to the shopping centre where we went our separate ways
    Caught the bus home and then mostly have chilled since then
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,334
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Had to have flu injection. Nurse didn't even offer me a lollipop. :( Later went out to get some fish food. Nothing now for the rest of the day. Play games maybe... But then the attic still needs tidying. At least it's too wet outside to cut the grass.

Tomorrow is my middle nephews 11th birthday, so I'll be over my sisters for tea.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 841
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Spent the weekend in beautiful Somerset with family. Fell in love with the place, scenery, people and food!

Yesterday in Wookey Hole caves, Weston-super-Mare and surrounding areas and today In Cheddar Gorge. Gorge is the word - gorgeous!

Went there about 14/15 years ago. Was great!:D
  • Options
    spookyLXspookyLX Posts: 11,730
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Deep cleaned my cooker/oven
  • Options
    Pumping IronPumping Iron Posts: 29,891
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Grocery shopping, chest, went foraging for chestnuts, now getting ready for wedding reception.
  • Options
    Pumping IronPumping Iron Posts: 29,891
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Voluntary Work

What do you volunteer as Steve?
  • Options
    franciefrancie Posts: 31,089
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

so sorry to hear this CLL xxx
  • Options
    franciefrancie Posts: 31,089
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Somerset is such a beautiful part of the country.
  • Options
    Waj_100Waj_100 Posts: 3,739
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Had a lazy morning and afternoon....just watched football and Soccer Saturday.

Had a surprise evening out with my family that my son had arranged to celebrate 35 years in business :o:D
  • Options
    maidinscotlandmaidinscotland Posts: 5,648
    Forum Member
    Up early to do the driving for the football team my husband runs (he just had a pacemaker repositioned and can't drive for a week). Watched the football then came home, did a bit of housework and had lunch then went to the cinema with my husband and youngest son. Just watched telly and browsed online since coming back from cinema.