Paul Akister - If you don't know me by now

marsha_Cutiepiemarsha_Cutiepie Posts: 9,721
Forum Member
I really liked it :) Really great vocal, agree with Simon the stage presence but definitely for me one of the best ones tonight. Good job Paul! :D

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 571
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Fantastic performance!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,147
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Compared to Andrea, Paul was better.
  • paralaxparalax Posts: 12,127
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Best of the night so far. Love his voice.
  • PatheticFallacyPatheticFallacy Posts: 7,761
    Forum Member
    Hated it. The kind of smug, oversung crap Danyl Johnson used to come out with.
  • Amanda_RaymondAmanda_Raymond Posts: 2,294
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah he's not been as good as in the audition stages etc for me
  • TiffaniTiffani Posts: 5,444
    Forum Member
    Well he was the only one who has managed to perform a song, and keep with the original melody and not destroy, it so for me he is the best of the night so far.
  • ShAneOmaC2005ShAneOmaC2005 Posts: 941
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Overdid the first few lines, perfect song choice, always knew he would smash this one! Think he turned up the gas this week. He will only get better but needs to learn when to start doing the acrobatics and when to reel it in a bit. Along with Lauren the best of the night.
  • threecheesesthreecheeses Posts: 23,934
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I preferred his performance this week to last week
  • jerefprdterrajerefprdterra Posts: 30,336
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Not bad, but no better than that.
  • TellystarTellystar Posts: 12,253
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Why ruin these 80s songs by over singing, and thereby murdering them?
    There are plenty of good songs they could have chosen, with good melodies that don't need changing beyond recognition.
  • LittleByLittleLittleByLittle Posts: 346
    Forum Member
    One of my favourite songs covered by Simply Red. Paul stood out this week no loud backing track like last week just great vocals loved it.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 24
    Forum Member
    Remind me of Danyl Johnson. Good voice but i don't like it.
    He will stay for a long though...
  • lulu glulu g Posts: 52,618
    Forum Member
    He's the standout singer in this competition. Even when he's given a less-than-inspiring song, he makes something of it. I'm not bothered about these so-called 'performing' skills that Simon Cowell keeps harping on about. They can be learned, whereas what Paul has - an outstanding voice and an ability to sing with feeling - can't be learned, it's a gift.
  • ShAneOmaC2005ShAneOmaC2005 Posts: 941
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    yeFluke wrote: »
    Remind me of Danyl Johnson. Good voice but i don't like it.
    He will stay for a long though...
    Danyl could not sing softly, which is a skill in itself, all his songs were sung at the top of his range no breathing skills. Paul is very much different, he can sing low too.
  • LH1LH1 Posts: 2,394
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've enjoyed both of his performances so far. This week, he sang a classic and didn't murder it like some of the others did. He doesn't need any bells and whistles, his voice is enough.
  • lulu glulu g Posts: 52,618
    Forum Member
    LH1 wrote: »
    I've enjoyed both of his performances so far. This week, he sang a classic and didn't murder it like some of the others did. He doesn't need any bells and whistles, his voice is enough.
    BIB - Exactly. Someone needs to tell Simon Cowell this straight. Paul's voice and his feel for the song he is singing are all he needs. Keep Brian Friedman well away from him and let him do what he does best.
  • RocknRollaRocknRolla Posts: 437
    Forum Member
    LH1 wrote: »

To win the show maybe, but to get any kind of career he needs the bells and whistles.

He may be annoying but Simon Cowell knows who and what he can make money on in the future.
  • Pimlico_PassPimlico_Pass Posts: 4,785
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Lovely voice - great version by him.

But how can they market him?
  • EdgarKEdgarK Posts: 1,153
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Usually he's been more or less my least favoured contestant - I've just felt he treats each song as a potential showcase for as many vocal effects as possible without engaging much at all with what it's about - but I'd admit to finding this performance pretty good.
  • CFCJM1CFCJM1 Posts: 2,065
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I thought he was outstanding - fantastic vocals. Have always loved his voice and thought Louis made a mistake last year. Mind you he's gone off, lost weight and seems more confident - so maybe Louis did him a favour.

Maybe Simon feels his boys are threatened by Paul. I mean - the suggestion to put him behind a piano - seems a bit daft if he wants to see more performance skills. Possibly sabotaging his performance - wouldn't put anything past Simon.
  • flowerladyflowerlady Posts: 1,638
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Andrea
    Lauren
    Ben
    Lola
    Jake
    Chloe
    Jay
    All just stood there and performed their song!!!! So, why did Simon not pull them about their stage presence???
    Must be pick on Paul week, I mean you cant exactly Bop around the stage while singing a ballad can you :confused:
    Oh and I agree with Louis Performance of the series so far. Just be yourself Paul and do what u do best and that is SING!!!!!
  • LightMeUpLightMeUp Posts: 1,915
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ricky Gervais has forever ruined this song for me!
  • flowerladyflowerlady Posts: 1,638
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    LightMeUp wrote: »
    Ricky Gervais has forever ruined this song for me!

Lol, Ricky Gervais??
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 145
    Forum Member
    He was great last night. And didn't need all the loud background music or show. Don't understand Simons stage presence comments Ben and jay just both stood there and sang. I love watching Paul
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 181
    Forum Member
    I really hope Paul doesn't heed simon's advice and get the piano out next week!!!!!!. All he needs is a confidence boost really plus his performances are gradually getting better. I think simon was just being a bit of a jerk >:(