The choir is helping her awful vocal out

Agree.
  • Options
    DarcyprincessDarcyprincess Posts: 25,693
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    mickyb7893 wrote: »
    The choir is helping her awful vocal out

Are you deaf, Lola has an amazing voice, get those ears cleaned out!:)
  • Options
    greenyonegreenyone Posts: 3,545
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She sounded out of tune in parts
  • Options
    MaksonMakson Posts: 30,489
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Even as a fan, you should try and be objective.
    She wasn't good tonight and you could see the disappointment in her face right after her performance.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 72
    Forum Member
    I liked her last week this week was a car crash and now I will have to get my ears cleaned out
  • Options
    DamienSDamienS Posts: 12,463
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I don't think that was very good
  • Options
    clivefieldclivefield Posts: 771
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Don't think she was saved at all. It was a total car crash
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,544
    Forum Member
    She was better last week
  • Options
    DarcyprincessDarcyprincess Posts: 25,693
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Makson wrote: »
    Even as a fan, you should try and be objective.
    She wasn't good tonight and you could see the disappointment in her face right after her performance.

I don't agree, Lola has got a strong voice, I preferred her song last week but she still sung well. 5th judges thought she was amazing on the app and she got good remarks from all the judges. As for Lola looking disappointed she looks like that every week because of lack of confidence. I can be very objective thank you very much!
  • Options
    MaksonMakson Posts: 30,489
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I can be very objective thank you very much!

Sorry, I disagree.
  • Options
    joaniponijoaniponi Posts: 4,025
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I thought it was wonderful. And you get a sense with confidence she will get better and better. It's exciting to be part of her journey!
  • Options
    notinnotin Posts: 1,496
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She has got to get rid of the nerves, she is the peoples vote and could potentially be a winner, however, that was not a good performance at all.....
  • Options
    goonernataliegoonernatalie Posts: 4,179
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It was a good performance
  • Options
    TellystarTellystar Posts: 12,253
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Some people on here are tone deaf.
    Lola was clearly out of tune, and her voice was shouty and strained,
    Her worst performance so far
  • Options
    rivercity_rulesrivercity_rules Posts: 24,270
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She was awful.

She's a classic big voice x factor contestant who gets support because she sings the big ballads but actually doesn't have the x factor at all.

Like a younger tesco Mary. She just shouted.
  • Options
    JennylooJennyloo Posts: 14,142
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

I agree she was wonderful. Made me have goosebumps. She is the only one who puts feeling into her song. Dont get these critiques.
  • Options
    dizziedizzie Posts: 4,795
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I like Lola - I really didn't like that performance. it was painfully out of tune at times. She rescued it back each time she went sharp, but it was sharp for a good portion of the song. No doubt it was the nerves that the judges were talking about that caused it, but it's just annoying to hear them talking about her nerves and not actually addressing exactly how they affected the performance - because they did, clearly. It's fine saying 'you need more self confidence' but that's not actually all that constructive! Her saving grace is that she sings with a lot of feeling, which a lot of the others acts simply don't (Lauren and Jay had great songs that just fell flat because they put very little emotion into them), but it's not enough to save poor vocals, for me.
  • Options
    joaniponijoaniponi Posts: 4,025
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Jennyloo wrote: »
    I agree she was wonderful. Made me have goosebumps. She is the only one who puts feeling into her song. Dont get these critiques.

Me either, she made me cry and I had goosebumps. Just very special.
  • Options
    Singy ThingySingy Thingy Posts: 4,321
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I predicted before the lives that if she were the wildcard, based on her voice being beautiful but damaged in specific and obvious ways, she's vocally fall apart by the 3rd show or so. I don't need my ears cleaned out. I sing and coach other singers for a living (and for fun, such as watching these shows ), and part of the skill set for this,which is built through experience, is being able to tell what a voice can and cannot do, potential,limitations,etc, just from a few listens.

Lola has got a beautiful voice, but without rehab, not a stable enough voice to be consistent. Also, she has lost some range,versatility and dynamics which if she regained could make her a contender.Not this year,though.

Right now, listening to Lola push her voice like she did this week is like watching a graceful dancer trying to perform with a sprained ankle and not understanding that she needs to take some time to heal.
  • Options
    dizziedizzie Posts: 4,795
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I predicted before the lives that if she were the wildcard, based on her voice being beautiful but damaged in specific and obvious ways, she's vocally fall apart by the 3rd show or so. I don't need my ears cleaned out. I sing and coach other singers for a living (and for fun, such as watching these shows ), and part of the skill set for this,which is built through experience, is being able to tell what a voice can and cannot do, potential,limitations,etc, just from a few listens.

Lola has got a beautiful voice, but without rehab, not a stable enough voice to be consistent. Also, she has lost some range,versatility and dynamics which if she regained could make her a contender.Not this year,though.
    To my less trained ears, there are a number of contestants this year who are suffering because their voices are untrained. For me, Andrea, Paul, Ben and Fleur seem to have the most solid vocal groundings that enable them to deliver great vocals week after week. Jay, Jake, Lola, Jack and (to a lesser extent) Lauren are all suffering in varying degrees from lack of training that is really starting to show in their vocals now. I'm not sure what can be done when there is so little time to devote to them preserving their voices, and learning how to support those tough top notes, dealing with the breaks in their voices, but they will continue to deliver shaky performances because their vocal chords simply aren't used to this kind of punishing schedule, and they've not got the years of training that let them understand how to access breath control and vocal control that will help them last for countless weeks on stage. Lola's in trouble, I think. If she lasts to next week, she needs to find a way (or a song) that lets her hide those limitations that are becoming more apparent as the weeks go on.
  • Options
    ShAneOmaC2005ShAneOmaC2005 Posts: 941
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Have to agree, expected more from her, but that is a massive song and as much as I like her I must say it was just too big for her.
  • Options
    BBFanForeverBBFanForever Posts: 132
    Forum Member
    Made me realise how good Leon Jacksons voice actually was compared to Lola's version he was 100% better!
  • Options
    GeorgiecatsGeorgiecats Posts: 6,628
    Forum Member
    I thought she'd get slated this week as she was out of tune in parts but the judges didn't seem to notice. She knew it wasn't good by her own reaction. But I do like her and think she'll come into her own if she stays in the competition.
  • Options
    Nicola37Nicola37 Posts: 2,136
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It was dreadful and she knew it wasn't going well. Pretty sure she fudged the lyrics too, they even included that section in the recap. "Help is nearly here" is supposed to be "hope is very near" no?

Well help was near Lola, luckily there were plenty of performances on par with your poor one and a couple even worse so I'm sure she'll be okay but Must. Do. Better. Such a mediocre to dire range of performances too
  • Options
    xfactorisgr8xfactorisgr8 Posts: 20,366
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    At the start she messed up the words I think about the second line into the song and it seemed to really throw her never recovered from it