Atlantis - Series 1 Discussion/Spoilers/Speculation

Comments

• Shawn_LunnShawn_Lunn Posts: 9,353
    Forum Member
    Has anyone become a citizen of Atlantis or being drawn white or black stones?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 361
    Forum Member
    I've also started a wiki for Atlantis, so if anyone's interested it's here: http://atlantis.wikia.com

Nice!
    I've loved reading all the behind the scenes info you guys have been posting here so thanks for that. I don't know how you find all this out.

I don't have any secret sources, just twitter and google. :)
    Just found these: Joe Dixon plays a caracter called Ramos, while Frances Tomelty plays Anysia. (Last year she was one of the Disirs in Merlin.)
    Shawn_Lunn wrote: »
    Has anyone become a citizen of Atlantis or being drawn white or black stones?

I'm currently preparing for my sacrifice. :D
    Forum Member
    Is this not starting earlier then? Thought it was taking Merlin's traditional slot.

Atlantis starts on either 28th September or 5th October in the UK and on 23rd November in the US.
    Forum Member
    GBali wrote: »
    Nice!

Just found these: Joe Dixon plays a caracter called Ramos, while Frances Tomelty plays Anysia. (Last year she was one of the Disirs in Merlin.)

Same here, got the black stone.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11
    Forum Member
    Nice!

Oh, thanks for the info, that'll go on the wiki! I'm currently putting together a cast/character list given what we know so far.

I got the black stone too! You'd think they'd be a bit nicer to their potential fans. ;)
  • LowriLowri Posts: 3,094
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Where do you get the stones from? All I can see on the tumblr page are the promo images.
    Forum Member
    Lowri wrote: »
    Where do you get the stones from? All I can see on the tumblr page are the promo images.

If you send them a message with the answer to the puzzle then they'll send you an image with your username on it that has a white or black stone in it.

White means you're spared and black means you "must face your fate"! :)
    Forum Member
    I'm dreading what my fate will be.
    Forum Member
    Me too. I want to live! At least until the first episode comes out... :D:D
    Oh, thanks for the info, that'll go on the wiki! I'm currently putting together a cast/character list given what we know so far.

You can find almost 20 guest star names on the previous pages of this thread.
    Forum Member
    Me too. I want to live! At least until the first episode comes out... :D:D

You can find almost 20 guest star names on the previous pages of this thread.

Yes, I've seen. Thanks so much for that. Very useful! :)
    Forum Member
    Hoping we get a trailer sometime this month.
    Forum Member
    First cast picture with Robert Emms (Pythagoras), Jack Donnelly (Jason) and Mark Addy (Hercules) ....

http://24.media.tumblr.com/d6ed7277a82f2ede9c798420e030bac1/tumblr_mr9gmdtHjz1qf8sfoo1_500.jpg
  • Inky BinkyInky Binky Posts: 2,261
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    First cast picture with Robert Emms (Pythagoras), Jack Donnelly (Jason) and Mark Addy (Hercules) ....

http://24.media.tumblr.com/d6ed7277a82f2ede9c798420e030bac1/tumblr_mr9gmdtHjz1qf8sfoo1_500.jpg

That's a terrible poster - the 2 goofballs in the background ruin it with their silly facial expressions. They say that the tone of the show will be dark (I don't believe that for a minute) but I'm guessing that this program is really aimed at a young or family friendly audience and will be light-hearted. I'll still check it out and hope for the best.
  • alexjones50alexjones50 Posts: 3,845
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    why dosen't it show any of the women?
  • Ed SizzersEd Sizzers Posts: 2,671
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    why dosen't it show any of the women?
    That'll be the Merlin influence.
  • Lem_1Lem_1 Posts: 423
    Forum Member

I see that image and all I can think of is "show me the way to Amarillo"
    Hope they come up with something better soon.
    Forum Member
    Ed Sizzers wrote: »
    That'll be the Merlin influence.

Jason/Pythagoras will be the new Merthur I presume.
  • LMLM Posts: 63,494
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The promo picture looks awful. If i didn't know it was a tv show, i would assume it looks like a comedic film about a bunch of lads who somehow get lost in Atlantis. Awful. Hopefully a trailer will provide a better insight.
    Forum Member
    What I expect is a great mixture of action, drama and humor. Overman is especially good in that. It's not just dark or light-hearted fun, it's a bit of everything.
    And I like the poster. :)
  • LMLM Posts: 63,494
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    What I expect is a great mixture of action, drama and humor. Overman is especially good in that. It's not just dark or light-hearted fun, it's a bit of everything.

I just hope he doesn't ruin it a few series down the line. Look what he has done to Misfits.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,038
    Forum Member
    Inky Binky wrote: »
    That's a terrible poster - the 2 goofballs in the background ruin it with their silly facial expressions. They say that the tone of the show will be dark (I don't believe that for a minute) but I'm guessing that this program is really aimed at a young or family friendly audience and will be light-hearted. I'll still check it out and hope for the best.
    oh is there no cute actors :( was hoping for some merlin type heros
    Forum Member

Same here, I have faith in Overman - I loved Misfits.

I like the poster (can't wait to see Mark Addy!) But it'd be nice to see some women and some poc in the promos too.
    Forum Member
    Same here, I have faith in Overman - I loved Misfits.

I like the poster (can't wait to see Mark Addy!) But it'd be nice to see some women and some poc in the promos too.

I think his Hercules written by Overman will be hilarious. :)
    From director Declan O'Dwyer (twitter): "Mark's a top bloke. In fact Jack, Rob & Mark are a joy to work with - there's a fantastic chemistry & it really shows on screen."
    Forum Member
    I hope the comedy is less centred on characters being stupid for the sake of plot, which did happen too often in Merlin at times.
  • CadivaCadiva Posts: 18,412
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Inky Binky wrote: »

Yes, it's aimed at the Merlin audience, the early Saturday evening slot so "three generations" of viewers. It's also worth remembering that Merlin started off "light" and ended up, in the slightly later time slot, fairly dark and gritty, I expect Atlantis to follow the same pattern.
    Have to say I like the poster as well, it looks like it's going to be full of action and humour.