Sky News: I despare!

2»

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 357
    Forum Member
    Sky can't be FOX. FOX is America's #1 news channel. BBC24 is apparently the top multi channel during the week and it has Sky's crappy news coverage to thank. Who wants to hear what Kay Burley knows about cricket while that Jon whatshisface tries to do his job without her interrupting?

Sky is behind ITV's national news for pitys sake. If they turned into a FOX, no one would watch anyway and it can die a slow death a la ITV News Channel.

That said, I'm going to watch the debate. I have to hear the right wing love in and I wonder if they picked a question like 'Mr Cameron, you said you'd help married couples, what do you think about Katie Price and Alex Reid because I heard on Sky News that they were splitting. Would you help them?'

Mr Brown, what did your wife use to get the marker stain out of her dress? I heard on Sky News she used Vanish but I want you to confirm it.

Then there would be one of those self righteous First for Breaking News adverts where someone mentioned they learned everything there is to know about the world while watching Sky. Why are there no adverts where the person has said 'I watched Sky News while waiting for my train, thought it was Newsround only dumber its f****** s***.' (squiggly line) First for breaking news.
  • cnbcwatchercnbcwatcher Posts: 56,681
    Forum Member
    sarah812 wrote: »
    Sky is behind ITV's national news for pitys sake. If they turned into a FOX, no one would watch anyway and it can die a slow death a la ITV News Channel.

Mr Brown, what did your wife use to get the marker stain out of her dress? I heard on Sky News she used Vanish but I want you to confirm it.

I sometimes reckon Sky News is like The Sun newspaper in a TV format.
    I think they said she was going to buy some Vanish to get the marker pen out of her dress. Can't believe that's news though. I spilled hot chocolate down my Saturdays T-shirt (got at their concert last year) a few weeks ago. Is that news??
  • gkmaccagkmacca Posts: 9,386
    Forum Member
    adam boulton does look like he could have a heart attack at any moment. he was trying not to sneeze earlier today, and it looked like he was having a stroke...

He struggles not to belch as well. It's quite hypnotic watching him gulp and gasp.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 357
    Forum Member
    I sometimes reckon Sky News is like The Sun newspaper in a TV format.
    I think they said she was going to buy some Vanish to get the marker pen out of her dress. Can't believe that's news though. I spilled hot chocolate down my Saturdays T-shirt (got at their concert last year) a few weeks ago. Is that news??

Shouldn't be a surprise. They are connected by the power that be Rupert Murdoch. What is surprising is that on their Press Review at night, they treat the Daily Star in the same way as they would the broadsheets. Now, I hate the Mail as much as the next person but not even they deserve to be piled into the same catergory as the Star.
    I've also noticed the anchors who are doing the press review bits, are fed up of hearing about Jordan and Alex in the Star. They sigh, they say things like 'and finally the Star heads up with a claim that well, surprise surprise...Jordan is to split from Alex.' Any news channel that puts the Star in its press preview and claim that they are hard hitting journalists is living a lie.
    Forum Member
    sarah812 wrote: »
    Shouldn't be a surprise. They are connected by the power that be Rupert Murdoch. What is surprising is that on their Press Review at night, they treat the Daily Star in the same way as they would the broadsheets. Now, I hate the Mail as much as the next person but not even they deserve to be piled into the same catergory as the Star.
    I've also noticed the anchors who are doing the press review bits, are fed up of hearing about Jordan and Alex in the Star. They sigh, they say things like 'and finally the Star heads up with a claim that well, surprise surprise...Jordan is to split from Alex.' Any news channel that puts the Star in its press preview and claim that they are hard hitting journalists is living a lie.

They also put the Daily Mirror in the press preview as well I think. I think for more 'serious' news BBC News or CNN seems to be better. I don't think CNN has ever mentioned any daft 'celeb' stories.
  • BigOrangeBigOrange Posts: 59,653
    Forum Member
    They also put the Daily Mirror in the press preview as well I think. I think for more 'serious' news BBC News or CNN seems to be better. I don't think CNN has ever mentioned any daft 'celeb' stories.
    Whilst The Mirror has certainly lost its way a bit in the past few years, it can hardly be put in the same category as The Star.
    Forum Member
    Dancc wrote: »
    Whilst The Mirror has certainly lost its way a bit in the past few years, it can hardly be put in the same category as The Star.

I read a copy of The Star a couple of months ago - took me about 5 minutes max!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,304
    Forum Member
    Oh I can top that- it took me just three minutes looking at the pictures. Would have taken me thirty seconds if I didn't have to beat my way past page 3. ;)
    Forum Member
    lynxmale wrote: »
    Oh I can top that- it took me just three minutes looking at the pictures. Would have taken me thirty seconds if I didn't have to beat my way past page 3. ;)

All the pictures or just the ones on Page 3?
    Forum Member
    Noticed tonight that CNN and Sky News were both covering the Ash Cloud and BBC News 24 was showing wall to wall politics! Seems to be all they talk about on news channels at the moment! Even CNBC this morning (London shows) had a lot of election stuff. :confused:

*rant over*
  • wildmovieguywildmovieguy Posts: 8,342
    Forum Member
    Watch at the top of the hour and half past the hour and you will see other headlines. Usually something to do with football and the british soldiers in Iraq.
  • ValLambertValLambert Posts: 11,688
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I didn't realise anyone watched the Sky News channel for news any more. After the full day coverage of the Goody funeral I thought it had become more Max Clifford TV.
    Forum Member
    ValLambert wrote: »
    I didn't realise anyone watched the Sky News channel for news any more. After the full day coverage of the Goody funeral I thought it had become more Max Clifford TV.

Last summer it became Michael Jackson TV and on 23 February it was Cheryl Cole TV (I wasn't at home watching but I heard about it). At the moment it seems like either Ash Cloud TV or Election TV but I'm sure they have other news as well. I can't take it seriously any more. Most of the time it's on as background stuff in the house when I'm not around or nobody's watching another channel (mostly me watching CNBC!!)
  • HHGTTGHHGTTG Posts: 5,941
    Forum Member
    Sloopy wrote: »
    Sky News ceased to be a serious news channel a long time ago.

I actually know some friends who prefer Sky News to BBC News service - they must be mad or in urgent need of certification. It's absolute rubbish and the newreaders, well less said the better.
    :eek: