The Catholic Church is the One True Church

1789101113»

Comments

• vosnevosne Posts: 14,131
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Bungitin wrote: »
    Probably be surprised who is there and who isn't.

:)

Imagine it was full of Catholic priests. It would be one second of......:D:D:D

Then an eternity of......" Oh ffs :(:cry::( "
  • nethwennethwen Posts: 23,374
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    AZZURRI 06 wrote: »
    The Supreme Pontiff of the Holy Catholic Church is due to make his final General Audience. Live on BBC2. GOD BLESS THE HOLY FATHER!

(Ooh, I thought this thread would be quite busy today because of Pope Benedict's last ever audience.)

Did you watch it, AZZURI?

I was moved to tears. :cry:

I also thought the Pope looked very frail and poorly. :( I was quite shocked to see this.

But it was lovely to see the hundreds of thousands of pilgrims there in St. Peter's Square, to say their farewells to the Pope. :)

I even spotted Frère Alois of Taizé in the crowd. :) He was on TV near the end when the Pope returned to his popemobile after his address. I thought for one moment that Brother Alois was going to jump into the Popemobile with him but he was held back by the security people. :p
  • nethwennethwen Posts: 23,374
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    There's a candlelight vigil happening right now in St Peter's Square for Pope Benedict:

http://wdtprs.com/blog/2013/02/candlelight-vigil-beneath-pope-benedicts-window/

People are joining in across the world. :)

I'm going to light a candle for him now too.

Anybody else going to join us?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,471
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    vosne wrote: »
    We're already there. This is it :cry:

I was wondering what the smell of Brimstone was
  • HenryGartenHenryGarten Posts: 24,800
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Benedict is now older than John Paul II when he was called upstairs.
  • redhatmattredhatmatt Posts: 5,197
    Forum Member
    nethwen wrote: »
    There's a candlelight vigil happening right now in St Peter's Square for Pope Benedict:

http://wdtprs.com/blog/2013/02/candlelight-vigil-beneath-pope-benedicts-window/

People are joining in across the world. :)

I'm going to light a candle for him now too.

Anybody else going to join us?

Yeah I have lit a bonfire.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,471
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    redhatmatt wrote: »

:D:D:D
  • vosnevosne Posts: 14,131
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    redhatmatt wrote: »

....of the Vanities...
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,181
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    irishguy wrote: »
    You think? I'd say its doing better than the anglican church which has women bishops and the policy on gay priests to divide it. Yeah, RC is much less popular in Europe now but its still growing in numbers elsewhere, particularly in Africa. Its more like Murdoch's News International... very successful but immoral and corrupt

RC has always thrived where there`s poverty & illiteracy, education being RCs worse enemy
    By the way are the `Magdalene Sisters` still running the laundries, not to forget the fondness the RC priest have for the youngest of their flock
  • HotgossipHotgossip Posts: 22,385
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Jimmy Savile was a Catholic and was awarded a Papal Knighthood. Makes me feel sick thinking about it all now.:eek: