Rate EastEnders out of ten!

13»

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,885
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    5/10 feeling generous.

Its not totally unwatchable. Dot and the ho phone/snake drama was pretty weak but June manages to make it look good at least.
  • Options
    Sick BulletSick Bullet Posts: 20,770
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I was going to say the same about the ones voting 1 until i saw how many voted.

But voting 1 is understandable as it really is poor where as 10 cmon? it is not amazing to watch lol
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 95
    Forum Member
    But voting 1 is understandable as it really is poor where as 10 cmon? it is not amazing to watch lol

Guess people feel a bit defensive if its there fave show that still really enjoy ..Its my fave UK show personally one of few I watch from here
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 358
    Forum Member
    I think 1 is a bit mean. 3 or 4 is more like it. Few have been more critical of Eastenders this year than me. They did get a Bafta this year I think. Not totally sure how. But there you go. Show needs a total revamp. New production team. New writers. Lose all the irritating characters like, Kat, Bianca, Shirley, Sharon, Kirsty, Lucy, Lauren, Kim, Fats, Myalice and her brother whatever his name is.
  • Options
    Cuddly_CatCuddly_Cat Posts: 2,900
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I gave it 8/10 but think some characters should go namely Fatboy, Lucy, Tyler, Cora and Sharon.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,110
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I voted 7/10 because I have been a fan of the show for as long as I remember and I feel it is starting to improve

Quality of storylines
    They are improving. I like the Lauren's battle with alcoholism. It is well paced and I am sure it will build up to an epic finale where Lauren will have to stop altogether or something will happen to her which will cause her to end her addiction to alcohol. I like the light hearted items as well as you need a mix of misery/drama and comedy. Life is not all doom and gloom.
    - Originality
    Soaps seem to imitate each other so that's why I didn't score 9 or 10 out of 10. I think Sharon's pill addiction was similar to one currently running on Emmerdale. I think Eastenders are far better when they do hard hiting drama like Stacey's bipolar and Ian's descent into depression. I would like to see more of these stories.
    - Continuity
    This has got a lot better than in the Berridge days where a story would dominate one week and the characters would forget about it. Now, much as some viewers complain stories build as they should. When you are telling a story, it is not over in one page. A story like Lauren's for example, has the beginning where it is revealed to us she is addicted to alcohol and is struggling to fight it, how it is involving
    - Character interaction
    This has improved a great deal under Lorraine. Characters now seem to speak to each other and there is more of a communial feel which was lacking slightly under Kirkwood. I like how Ian and Denise have become a couple when a few years ago it would have not have seemed possible.
    - Consistency
    There are always references to characters like Ethel when Dot is speaking of her past. Similarly, there are mentions of Rainie about Lauren. It is considerably better than it has been.
    - Pacing
    I feel that this could slightly be improved. The only moan I have is about the Kat story as I thought it would be best to just keep Kat and Alfie as a couple. They are Kat and Alfie as a couple and work best as such. Despite her failings, it seems inevitable they will reunite possibly when Ronnie returns.

I believe Eastenders is turning the corner and I am astounded by some of the low scores it has been receiving. Granted, it has not been the best in recent years but sometimes you cannot make drastic steps. It has to be gradual and Lorraine Newman is experienced enough to know what she is doing. Have faith!
  • Options
    Cuddly_CatCuddly_Cat Posts: 2,900
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I voted 7/10 because I have been a fan of the show for as long as I remember and I feel it is starting to improve

Quality of storylines
    They are improving. I like the Lauren's battle with alcoholism. It is well paced and I am sure it will build up to an epic finale where Lauren will have to stop altogether or something will happen to her which will cause her to end her addiction to alcohol. I like the light hearted items as well as you need a mix of misery/drama and comedy. Life is not all doom and gloom.
    - Originality
    Soaps seem to imitate each other so that's why I didn't score 9 or 10 out of 10. I think Sharon's pill addiction was similar to one currently running on Emmerdale. I think Eastenders are far better when they do hard hiting drama like Stacey's bipolar and Ian's descent into depression. I would like to see more of these stories.
    - Continuity
    This has got a lot better than in the Berridge days where a story would dominate one week and the characters would forget about it. Now, much as some viewers complain stories build as they should. When you are telling a story, it is not over in one page. A story like Lauren's for example, has the beginning where it is revealed to us she is addicted to alcohol and is struggling to fight it, how it is involving
    - Character interaction
    This has improved a great deal under Lorraine. Characters now seem to speak to each other and there is more of a communial feel which was lacking slightly under Kirkwood. I like how Ian and Denise have become a couple when a few years ago it would have not have seemed possible.
    - Consistency
    There are always references to characters like Ethel when Dot is speaking of her past. Similarly, there are mentions of Rainie about Lauren. It is considerably better than it has been.
    - Pacing
    I feel that this could slightly be improved. The only moan I have is about the Kat story as I thought it would be best to just keep Kat and Alfie as a couple. They are Kat and Alfie as a couple and work best as such. Despite her failings, it seems inevitable they will reunite possibly when Ronnie returns.

I believe Eastenders is turning the corner and I am astounded by some of the low scores it has been receiving. Granted, it has not been the best in recent years but sometimes you cannot make drastic steps. It has to be gradual and Lorraine Newman is experienced enough to know what she is doing. Have faith!

Ian's breakdown was brilliant.
  • Options
    IanMandyIanMandy Posts: 14,893
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I did vote 5- though I was being generous- because there are still some decent characters and some of the smaller stories are good. Otherwise, quality is inconsistant, snake s/l was very weird and we haven't had a big story. This time lat year we had Ian's breakdown, Heather's murder among others
  • Options
    O-JO-J Posts: 18,851
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    xTonix wrote: »
    10/10. :p

So you actually like the crap that is being screened?
  • Options
    SMIDSYmk2SMIDSYmk2 Posts: 7,806
    Forum Member
    4/10
    The writers are the main problem IMO. The characters are good just badly written, Kleptomaniac SL could've been good but is just handled badly.
  • Options
    O-JO-J Posts: 18,851
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    SMIDSYmk2 wrote: »
    4/10
    The writers are the main problem IMO. The characters are good just badly written, Kleptomaniac SL could've been good but is just handled badly.

Exactly, could have be a lot more better,
    I see this storyline just randomly dissapear like nothing ever happen.