Options

The **** shaming of Moira in tonight's episodes...

Comments

• Options
    sheepiefarmsheepiefarm Posts: 27,595
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Cain didn't drown Charity - she didn't die, :p:p

To me they've all got pretty good reasons for being ticked off with Moira, she's made a rod for her own back. That said, she's suffered enough now and she can do without either Adam or Cain 'punishing' her further. I really hope that Cain doesn't go down that route. Adam probably will, and someone will bail him out as per>:(

Isn't the real irony though, that the rod she made for her own back was always done with the best of intentions?

She had a one night "mistake" with James many many years ago - whilst she may have "wondered" at one time about Adam's parentage, that was also many many years ago, living for that long convinced that he was John's and having lived the complete family life from that mindset, it was probably something she no longer even gave a thought to.
    When John & co rocked up looking for a place to stay, she was never gonna leave them homeless - knowing how insecure & jealous Cain could get, I can totally understand her decision to let sleeping dogs lie in regards to her "one-night" with him.

The bombshell has been James' determination to prove he was Adam's dad - that became the ticking bomb that blew up in her face.
  • Options
    lotty27lotty27 Posts: 17,858
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I don't think Chas was gloating about the village gossiping, and tbh her problem was with Moira for making her keep the secret, and then blurting out that she knew about it without a second thought. She didn't have any reason to be angry with James because he's been straight with her since he found out about Adam. I think Cain walking out was a 'heat of the moment' thing partly egged on by Adam. It's a pretty poor state of affairs if you're only a few weeks into your marriage and you find out that the guy who you're wife allowed into her business and home is the same bloke who secretly fathered her child, and she hasn't been honest about any of it. Moira is very two faced and manipulative - you would feel you couldn't trust a word she said with all the lies she's happily told.

On the other hand, I agree that Adam can be a real little g*bsh*te. I don't mind that he said appalling things in the heat of the moment, but I'm betting he'll go out of his way to hurt her and in very snide, sneaky ways like texting the girls and pressing Cain's buttons.

Oooh not very often I disagree with you Glenda but I have to on this on (great posts by the way). To me she was thoroughly enjoying sticking the knife in when she was telling Moira that soon the whole village would know about Adam's paternity thanks to Pearl. There was quite a vindictive/triumphant look on her face at that point. I do think though that by the end of the episodes she was starting to look at Moira if with not with pity but with a teeny bit of concern but she was obviously still feeling very let down.

I understand her being angry about Moira but to me it didn't come over as done deliberately, she was in a helluva state and did it without thinking - in normal circumstances I doubt it would have happened.
    That is the one area of Cain's reaction where I think he was totally out of order. Regardless of his past - and it doesn't compare in the slightest to Adam's situation, Adam idolised John & despised James, whereas Cain despised Shadrach & respected Zak - it was not his place to intervene in when, where & how Moira told Adam about James being his father.
    He used that situation to assuage his own insecurities without giving a second thought to the consequences.

That and punishment. I swear he was punishing Moira by making her tell Adam like that. He was throwing down the gauntlet in a "are you honest or not" way, putting her on the spot to appease him regardless of the effect of finding out like that would have on Adam, and indeed Adam and Moira's relationship. At that point it was all about HIM and HIS upset and I was bloody mad as hell with him (though it made good drama!)

In the great scheme of things Moira (understandably IMO) telling a fib about never having been intimate with James was nothing compared to Adam finding out his father wasn't his father but at that moment Cain made it all about him.

Ultimately it wasn't up to him to decide when (and even 'if') Moira told Adam the truth.

Sunny B wrote: »
    All this sock business is ridiculous. Ross could have used it too jizz in for all James knows.

ROFL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I would love to see how ED would get round that scenario pre-watershed :D:D:D
  • Options
    80's Gal80's Gal Posts: 12,716
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    That is the one area of Cain's reaction where I think he was totally out of order. Regardless of his past - and it doesn't compare in the slightest to Adam's situation, Adam idolised John & despised James, whereas Cain despised Shadrach & respected Zak - it was not his place to intervene in when, where & how Moira told Adam about James being his father.
    He used that situation to assuage his own insecurities without giving a second thought to the consequences.

Agreed, he forced Moira to do that out of spite he should not have interfered :(
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I don't think Chas was gloating about the village gossiping, and tbh her problem was with Moira for making her keep the secret, and then blurting out that she knew about it without a second thought. She didn't have any reason to be angry with James because he's been straight with her since he found out about Adam. I think Cain walking out was a 'heat of the moment' thing partly egged on by Adam. It's a pretty poor state of affairs if you're only a few weeks into your marriage and you find out that the guy who you're wife allowed into her business and home is the same bloke who secretly fathered her child, and she hasn't been honest about any of it. Moira is very two faced and manipulative - you would feel you couldn't trust a word she said with all the lies she's happily told.

On the other hand, I agree that Adam can be a real little g*bsh*te. I don't mind that he said appalling things in the heat of the moment, but I'm betting he'll go out of his way to hurt her and in very snide, sneaky ways like texting the girls and pressing Cain's buttons.

Hello Glenda, where have you been hiding? :)

I was really disappointed in Chas' behaviour. It was her choice not to tell Cain. Moira told Chas it was up to her whether she told him or not. Moira wasn't blackmailing her or anything like that, she chose not to tell him and even said that some secrets are best left buried.

To me, she certainly came across as revelling in the fact that half the village knew what had happened. I'd have hoped that Chas might have been the one who would have stood up for Moira, they certainly have quite a strong bond and I was disappointed that all she seemed to care about was whether she had upset Cain :(

I also find it irritating the way she acts as if she's been married to James for 20 years. She hardly knows him for goodness sake >:(

Although I do think she realised at the end how bad things were for Moira and hopefully she will come through for her in the end.
  • Options
    madmumof3madmumof3 Posts: 86
    Forum Member
    dese_5757 wrote: »
    I think the dumbest thing of this whole storyline is that it is based on a home DNA test with a sock of all things...a sock for that may or may not belong to Adam. And can't wait to see Chas fall off that high horse she's on.

I really think that the sock is going to turn out to be Ross's. It's too much of a coincidence for*it to be Adam's. A random sock from a house with 3 men in it! The only one it couldn't possibly have been is Andy's....that would have opened a hell of a lot more questions :-)
  • Options
    danyelldanyell Posts: 10,887
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Moira should of chucked them all out of her house. Why do people in soaps never stand up for themselves? It's annoying.
  • Options
    Bonny1Bonny1 Posts: 8,502
    Forum Member
    I still think Chas is missing the point.. big style.. James wants Moira... not her..... drum roll... penny drops
  • Options
    JohnMc1JohnMc1 Posts: 943
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I agree he shouldn't have bullied Moira into telling Adam. I never saw ED at the time the truth came about Cain's parentage, but from what Chas said he was very hurt and angry. about his mother's betrayal, so it's probably dragging up a lot of those memories, but I think he was trying to make Moira suffer there and like you say, assuage his own insecurities.

I don't think it was really to make her suffer, but more of a get it all out in the opening and get the suffering over with. Otherwise it would just be delaying the inevitable and re-opening wounds when they were finally starting to heal by the time Moira got up the courage to tell Adam.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Funny how we can all see things quite differently at times isn't it?

Been very interesting reading everyone else's POV :)
  • Options
    sheepiefarmsheepiefarm Posts: 27,595
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    JohnMc1 wrote: »
    I don't think it was really to make her suffer, but more of a get it all out in the opening and get the suffering over with. Otherwise it would just be delaying the inevitable and re-opening wounds when they were finally starting to heal by the time Moira got up the courage to tell Adam.

I might have agreed with that if he'd stuck around - showed that he had a vested interest in getting things sorted - but nope, Cain did his usual and disappeared.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    lotty27 wrote: »
    Funny how we can all see things quite differently at times isn't it?

Been very interesting reading everyone else's POV :)

`Yes it is very interesting. Cain may have looked cruel by making her tell Adam about being James' son he was doing them a favor in the long run by getting out and over with instead doing the usual "I'll wait until he has a chance to call down" bit before dropping another bombshell on him. Atleast when Adam and Moira finally reconcile it won't be quickly torn apart again [unless the writers and producer come up with some tripe to split them up again]
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I might have agreed with that if he'd stuck around - showed that he had a vested interest in getting things sorted - but nope, Cain did his usual and disappeared.

Yeah it sucks that he just up and left [Is Jeff going on vacation?] Just seems like it was done to drag out the "Will Cain and Moira stay together or will this tear them apart?" tripe.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Forgot to say above in my 'punishment' theory that he wanted to make her hurt as much as she'd made him hurt.

I'd love to think that his actions were more altruistic but I'm afraid I can't see it. Like Sheepie said his actions after that spoke volumes. IMO he chose to let himself be poisoned by Adam because it suited him and then he packed his bags and walked out. Nah, It was revenge, Moira had lied to him so he was going to bust her to Adam.

IMO of course.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    lotty27 wrote: »
    Forgot to say above in my 'punishment' theory that he wanted to make her hurt as much as she'd made him hurt.

I'd love to think that his actions were more altruistic but I'm afraid I can't see it. Like Sheepie said his actions after that spoke volumes. IMO he chose to let himself be poisoned by Adam because it suited him and then he packed his bags and walked out. Nah, It was revenge, Moira had lied to him so he was going to bust her to Adam.

IMO of course.

Cain has always been "mentally weak" and easily led astray.
  • Options
    thejoyof_patthejoyof_pat Posts: 30,753
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Bonny1 wrote: »
    I still think Chas is missing the point.. big style.. James wants Moira... not her..... drum roll... penny drops

Following on from this point does anyone else think Chas's reaction could have been to do with a bit of insecurity and jealously with her relationship with James? It's now public knowledge that they have a child together and is bound to change their relationship, ever so slightly, maybe Chas has realised this...or is she just a daft bint?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Following on from this point does anyone else think Chas's reaction could have been to do with a bit of insecurity and jealously with her relationship with James? It's now public knowledge that they have a child together and is bound to change their relationship, ever so slightly, maybe Chas has realised this...or is she just a daft bint?

Definitely a combination of both :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    80's Gal wrote: »
    Definitely a combination of both :D

hahaha, I can smell her desperation through the screen...or maybe I need to Mr Sheen the TV? :D
  • Options
    rkidrkid Posts: 1,019
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Lets be honest she is a bit of a slapper!
  • Options
    justatechjustatech Posts: 976
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    MegMog2014 wrote: »
    Im furious that a mistake 23 years ago could destroy a family as much as it has! Whys Moria being punished by cain? Er what?? Wasnt he on his wedding night tempting fate with charity? Ohh I can not be bothered!! Im so annoyed at the lack of compassion for Moria! Sorry one night stand! Dont make it right but this much ppunishment?? Really??surely Cain should know you protect yours!!

I don't think it's so much about the one night stand as about the constant lying she has lied and lied and lied again to virtually every character involved and it's the lies that have turned people against her.

If she had told Cain, for example, that she had slept with James and then that Adam was James son then he might have done a flounce but that would have been as far as it would have.

But she chose to lie to his face, repeatedly and Cain is rightfully disgusted and feels betrayed by her. Moirai has made this worse than it need have been simply because she was too much of a coward to be honest with everyone. Too many people knew about what had happened for it ever to have remained a secret and Moira should have had the wit to realise that the only way she could defuse this bombshell was to be upfront and honest with Cain and Adam.
  • Options
    Fadge1968Fadge1968 Posts: 431
    Forum Member
    danyell wrote: »
    Moira should of chucked them all out of her house. Why do people in soaps never stand up for themselves? It's annoying.

It is so annoying. So self respecting Scotswoman would put up with this garbage. Get them to **** Moira.:p
  • Options
    HoffmisterHoffmister Posts: 12,037
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I fear theyve beat her right down so Mr Snorty can really up his obsession of her. Chaz wont believe her and makes sure no one else does.

Now Adam out the way James will ,well how far will he go knowing kin already call her names.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,867
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Like the majority of you said, I wish Moira had thrown them all out. Who the HELL does Chas think she is? If Adam had been my son I would have given him a slap and told him to show me some respect.. As for James I would have cut of his hands so that he didn't stick them in his jeans pockets anymore and so stop the stupid farse that he thinks he's in some western.
  • Options
    WhedoniteWhedonite Posts: 29,245
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    rkid wrote: »
    Lets be honest she is a bit of a slapper!

As far as I'm aware, a slapper is someone who sleeps around, not someone who has cheated twice in their 40 odd year life. If sleeping with 4 men at her age makes her a slapper, just about every soap character is one.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hoffmister wrote: »
    I fear theyve beat her right down so Mr Snorty can really up his obsession of her. Chaz wont believe her and makes sure no one else does.

Now Adam out the way James will ,well how far will he go knowing kin already call her names.

That's exactly what I think could happen as well. He's going to try and get his feet under the table and of course in Chas's eyes it's going to be ALL Moira's fault.
  • Options
    Alleycat666Alleycat666 Posts: 8,739
    Forum Member
    Personally, I think Moira should have been clear about how James went about getting his 'proof'. He was a complete underhand (insert preferred expletive here) and I'm not even sure if it's legal to go behind somebody's back for a DNA test...

I agree with a lot of posters that the blame is all being piled onto Moira when it takes 2 to Tango and James is as much at fault as she is. Which is considered worse - sleeping with your Husband's Brother or with your Brother's Wife (particularly when your husband's brother has come on to you when you're at a low ebb as we were led to believe). I think John would have forgiven Moira but he would never have forgiven James (and maybe that's why the 2 of them fell out).

I now really want Emma to appear and blow the whole thing up in James' face.

Have to say the bit I liked best was Pete looking out for Finn (he will always be his little brother) - I really warmed to Pete in those scenes...