Options

The Hospital - Episode 2, C4 9pm

1235»

Comments

• Options
    kate36kate36 Posts: 13,715
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I found it very difficult not to get cross at those foolhardy girls last night:mad:

Dr Downey clearly deserves a medal for patience!:) what a lovely doctor! how she kept smiling i really don't know!
    I loved the bit where she was trying to explain to the girl about how she decides when is the best time to induce and not at the whim of the girls, too right!

You can almost predict the future for Lisa's offspring! :(
  • Options
    SystemSystem Posts: 2,096,970
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I get so frustrated when I see programmes like this.
    Those poor babies - I want to weep for them being born to such families. I only hope a few break out of the cycle of depravation they are born into but I don't hold out much hope.
    I know that the PC/Liberty supporters won't agree with me but I think there should be some form of compulsary contraception scheme that these girls should be made to undergo when they have a first pregnancy so young

I completely agree. I had to turn it off a few times, because I found it so upsetting. Seeing that Lisa girl, obese and smoking whilst carrying a baby, and refusing the jabs. I just know what kind of life her poor baby is going to have.

It's quite obvious that the pill doesn't work, so what these girls need is the contraceptive injection or coil. Then they don't have to worry about getting pregnant. But this won't stop girls like Lisa, who think the only way they can feel better about themselves is by having a baby.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,368
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    this program actually made me quite angry in the way it portrayed young mums as all being like this , i know a couple of girls from the council estate i grew up on who had children at 16 now own there own business and are really terrific parents i also know a couple of friends from middle class area who children were removed from there care due to neglect with i had my first child at twenty which is still quite young and though i wish id waited a few years i would never swap motherhood for anything the love i feel for my two children is immeasurable,
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1
    Forum Member
    I watched this programme with my head in my hands. Working in a city which has a higher than average proportion of these kind of individuals trolling around the streets and mooching off the state I sincerely question what will become of us all if we carry on letting them "get away with it".

Short of forced contraception or sterilization to breed them out I truly can't think of anything that doesn't involve natural disasters or "offering" them a career in the military.
  • Options
    Time To WriteTime To Write Posts: 1,519
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm gonna give a classic "me" reply here :D but, this smoker girl (who appears at the very start in the pink), her boyfriend Matt, is pretty fit. lol :p

Let's hope the baby makes Matt go round the twist and turn bent.

I'm trying to take this show seriosuly but it makes me so angry, for the sake of my helath i can't. :rolleyes: :p
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 88
    Forum Member
    oh no, how do u think he is fit lol? The pair of them looked they could do with a good wash.......amongst other things
  • Options
    Time To WriteTime To Write Posts: 1,519
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    uber_boi wrote: »
    oh no, how do u think he is fit lol? The pair of them looked they could do with a good wash.......amongst other things

Well there was so many dirrrtty chav prats in this one i keep forgetting which is which. lol :D

Was Matt the one with the little hint of tash hair in the one-on-one interviews? Was he the one wearing yellow in the end holding the baby? Cos he was fit.:p:D

I can imagine him in a pair of tight grey trackies. :D :cool: