Panasonic VT20 3D tv (how to get 3D pictures?)

KunashKunash Posts: 1,144
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Please help

i have just bought a Panasonic TX-P50VT20 3D tv.

i asked the guy where i got it from, to supply me all cables i need to get everything working.

he didnt mention i need audio cables (optical and red/white cable - luckily i already had them ) - to connect the sky box

But, How do i watch normal tv or normal blu ray disc and view it in 3D. At the moment i am watching a disc and have the 3D setting on ''original''. is this right? ( the man said i can watch normal sky or normal blu ray dvd in 3D if I change settings. )

thanks

the only settings i can see are side by side ( this will be sky ), and top bottom, and auto and original

any help appreciated

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,151
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Kunash wrote: »
    Please help

he didnt mention i need audio cables (optical and red/white cable - luckily i already had them ) - to connect the sky box

Firstly one assumes the sky box is a Sky+HD if so whats with the red/white cables? Should be HDMI.

I am not familiar with Sky services but assume you have to have a full HD subscription with a 3D add on? Have you got these?

"Normal" Blu-ray discs are not 3D you need to buy 3D versions.
  • pocatellopocatello Posts: 8,813
    Forum Member
    Kunash wrote: »
    Please help

i asked the guy where i got it from, to supply me all cables i need to get everything working.

But, How do i watch normal tv or normal blu ray disc and view it in 3D. At the moment i am watching a disc and have the 3D setting on ''original''. is this right? ( the man said i can watch normal sky or normal blu ray dvd in 3D if I change settings. )

thanks

the only settings i can see are side by side ( this will be sky ), and top bottom, and auto and original

any help appreciated

Lol did you read the manual?

You can't really watch normal tv in 3d. That is a total joke. Remember the uproar over all those fake 3d films in the theatres like clash of the titans? After millions of dollars of 3d conversion and a slow long laborious process it still looked like pig sh*t. You think a 5 dollar chip doing 3d conversion on the fly in a tv can do better? ;):D

Stick with actual 3d material, and leave that feature off. Its only there to fill in a feature box on marketing material.

You need a 3d capable bluray player and actual 3d media bluray to see 3d. For regular tv the resolution is halved on actual 3d channels, but they do work. The channel and programming has to be explicitly 3d.

Bluray is bluray, there is no such thing as bluray dvd.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,102
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Apart from the 3D aspect which has already been covered why would you need the Red/White Phonos? & you only need optical assuming you have an Amp. in which case you would connect Sky HD optical out to the Amp.

There are of course 3D sets which have 2D>3D conversion on them, in fact the 42" version of your TV does but not the 50" I'm afraid & in point of fact it is no real substitute for full 3D from a 3D blu ray player.
  • moogheadmooghead Posts: 771
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Op = Wum