Options

Wow George Michael the new X Factor judge

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 66
Forum Member
I cannot believe it, George Michael is the new judge for the American version of the show.

http://www.in2town.co.uk/Celebrity-News-Stories/George-Michael-has-become-an-X-Factor-Judge

It will bring a bit of class to the show but what i do not understand is, it was in the papers that Dermot 'O leary was not getting the job of presenting it as Fox TV said that two English people on the show was enough and they worried if any more were on the show then the Americans would not watch it. But with Simon, Cheryl and George, that makes three unless I am counting wrong and now he wants ex Oasis singer Noel on the show as well. So if he agrees then that means all the judges will be British.

It is a pitty that George Michael did not become a judge on our X Factor as that would have been great.

Comments

• Options
    cavallicavalli Posts: 18,738
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    What about his criminal record? *Insert own joke*
  • Options
    Forum Member
    cavalli wrote: »

Which one lol i have lost count
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Which one lol i have lost count

Boom boom :D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,800
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

will he get a visa due to this? :confused:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Sarah04 wrote: »
    will he get a visa due to this? :confused:

Well a non celebrity wouldn't.
  • Options
    HarloweHarlowe Posts: 20,022
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well at least they would have someone who can actually sing and know what his talking about on the show.
  • Options
    BadRomanceBadRomance Posts: 8,734
    Forum Member
    Well a non celebrity wouldn't.

Like Cheryl?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,450
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Where was it "confirmed"?
  • Options
    TyjetTyjet Posts: 8,509
    Forum Member
    jujubee wrote: »
    Where was it "confirmed"?
    An anonymous source told the writer in the alley behind the pub this tripe was thrown together in ;)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,450
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oh, go on Simon. Hire all Brits. LOL

See how far that gets you in the extremely nationalistic US.
  • Options
    pavierpavier Posts: 839
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Maybe he's hoping to mentor the boy's category, giving them a good talking to "outside".

Sorry, couldn't resist.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 359
    Forum Member
    *sigh* So many people are totally fixated on the idea that anyone with a criminal record will never get into the US. Get a reasonable immigration lawyer, even without one, and you will have no trouble at all.
  • Options
    Since YesterdaySince Yesterday Posts: 5,051
    Forum Member
    I cannot believe it, George Michael is the new judge for the American version of the show.
    A shoddy rewrite of an article from Britain's least credible tabloid, posted on a cheap and nasty ad portal? Must be true, then ...

The Mail linked him with Cowell (and Jonathan Ross) last month. Holy Moly had the USXF story last week, and Monsters & Critics had it the week before that. It seems he may be appearing as a guest judge (if it happens at all). But surely Cowell isn't dumb enough to make such a loose cannon a permanent fixture.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 55
    Forum Member
    I don't see this happening.
  • Options
    AerickAerick Posts: 1,528
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    George Michael isn't really a 'draw' like he was in the early 90s, He could pull a Paula Abdul scenario and resurrect his career and become 'loveable', but when many think of George Michael, they often think of that incident in the bathroom in some West Hollywood/Beverly Hills park.

I personally think he's one of the most profound singers of my generation, but time (and ratings) will tell.

I dont think the US is too nationalistic per se, we just want to 'relate' to who we are watching. I think 3 accents on a judging panel may be too much, but that's just my initial reaction. I still think American Idol will be the draw in this race. This certainly will be Simon's testing program(me) to see if "he" is someone who can draw viewers by his name.
  • Options
    gettygetty Posts: 3,480
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't see this happening.

Me neither.
  • Options
    Metal MickeyMetal Mickey Posts: 1,606
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If this is true, I think it would be a genius choice, he's an actual legend, genuinely liked & likeable, very articulate when he wants to be... I'm impressed.

But the reason I don't think it'll happen? The DS report says a £1 million fee. So Cheryl gets £3m and George Michael (that's GEORGE MICHAEL) gets £1m...? Naaaaaah. That said, I think the Cheryl story is BS, so it could be true...
  • Options
    scorpion10scorpion10 Posts: 495
    Forum Member
    omg:eek: i hope this is true......next to him chezza will be over shadowed;)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    BadRomance wrote: »
    Like Cheryl?

Cheryl Can sing, that is news to me, She should try singing live one of these days then on The X Factor
  • Options
    SatnavvySatnavvy Posts: 5,211
    Forum Member
    I hope this isn't true. George Michael doesn't need it.

It can only do him harm in his fans eyes
  • Options
    Tfan26Tfan26 Posts: 6,829
    Forum Member
    I don't think George has a chance tbh.
  • Options
    mariannermarianner Posts: 11,043
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    His people has denied it.
    A spokesperson for George told MailOnline today however: 'It's news to us. We think it's just a response to rumours circling on the internet
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,187
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Shame if it's not true. Perhaps him having a 'proper job' might have helped him stop dossing about and getting stoned all day every day. He was such an amazing talent, both as a singer and songwriter, it would be good for him to have some stability in his life and might have been the kick up the arse he needs to start writing some decent songs again.
  • Options
    GothamGotham Posts: 1,273
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Good to hear that it's not true, Simon would have made George the "Louis Walsh" of the panel.
  • Options
    SCUSASCUSA Posts: 801
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I personally do not think he would be very good for USXF. Sure he's a legend, but that doesn't mean he is the right fit for the job. Seeing as how the judges on X-factor are "characters" for the show, in some ways someone too famous for something else may be a drawback. Of course there are exceptions & such exceptions would be a big bonus. BTW- of the current uk XF panel- Cheryl is the biggest "music star," so no legends. And the Idol panel that was most successful (Randy, Paula, Simon)... No massive lengends.
    So while it is probably important to a some music credentials, the dynamics that allow the judge to fit into a compelling "character" of the show- are just as important.

He is another one I would put into the list of "would be better for UK XF, along with Nicole. (Maybe these news outlets are getting all their signals crossed- And Simon is actually looking for someone to replace he & Cheryl on UKXF next year?)