what bluray recorder

hi i would like to buy a bluray recorder to add to my setup and to access internet content including BBC i player and You tube has anyone got any recomendations

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,151
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    AFAIK the only ones available in the UK are Panasonic.

Please see Panasonic Website - BluRay Recorders.
  • webbiewebbie Posts: 1,614
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What are you hoping to record on your bluray recorder? You can only record the freesat and/or freeview HD channels (in HD). Or from a HD camcorder. If you want to record from sky HD you'll need another solution.
  • dmpdmp Posts: 3,242
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You can't get iplayer either on the panasonic, which is a pain.
    Dave
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,151
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    dmp wrote: »
    You can't get iplayer either on the panasonic, which is a pain.
    Dave

You can't record iPlayer (SD or HD) anyway!
  • dmpdmp Posts: 3,242
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No, you can't actually get iplayer over the internet connection.
    Dave
  • skinjskinj Posts: 3,383
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The XS380 & BS780/880 does give you access to iPlayer as described on p65 of the manual (http://dlc.panasonic-europe-service.com/EUDocs/GetDoc.aspx?did=194018&fmt=PDF&lang=en&src=3&uilang=en-GB&model=DMRBS880EB) from Panasonic but you can't record these shows. Used the service to demo to a customer a couple of days ago.
  • NostalgicNostalgic Posts: 7,193
    Forum Member
    Can you record ordinary HD shows you've recorded yourself from Virgin, as i want to archive a few shows so i can use the recording space for other shows.
  • David (2)David (2) Posts: 20,632
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No, not in HD anyway.
    BluRay HD recording/playback has been designed from the ground up to make this near impossible.

the problem is that your HD source is another box and you want to record in HD onto a seperate BluRay recorder. The Panasonics (and I expect all other machines that follow) are only designed to record HD from their inbuilt Freesat or Freeview tuners (or from Camcorders).
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 28
    Forum Member
    thanks for all your feedback guys
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 50
    Forum Member
    I'm also looking at the panasonic. The best deal I've found so far for the 250gb one is £470 from Sevenoaks.
    Can anyone do any better?