Sky box HD question

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 444
Forum Member
Just got this new box (my old one packed in) and I am a bit puzzled by one thing.

I wanted to watch a "Box Office" film (pay per view) and I get a phone number to ring Sky??????

Surely you don't have to ring Sky every time you want to watch pay per view?:confused:

Thanks

Comments

• sodafountainsodafountain Posts: 16,850
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Is your box plugged into the phone line, I presume not?
  • Kolin KlingonKolin Klingon Posts: 4,296
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Have you phoned up and paired the new box with your viewing card?

It may be that that is causing problems.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,784
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No u shouldn't have to ring them. Other people (including myself) have had issues with ordering box office content. A quick search around the forums will give u answers to ur problem. We tried to order WWE Wrestlemania a week or so ago and all we got was phone Sky blah blah blah. It's something to do with your viewing card I think. Apologies if i'm wrong.
  • BKMBKM Posts: 6,912
    Forum Member
    No u shouldn't have to ring them. Other people (including myself) have had issues with ordering box office content. A quick search around the forums will give u answers to ur problem. We tried to order WWE Wrestlemania a week or so ago and all we got was phone Sky blah blah blah. It's something to do with your viewing card I think. Apologies if i'm wrong.

To order PPV events the phone line has to be connected (even though it does not immediately need to use it!) AND the smartcard has to have some "credit" left on it. Only Sky know how much the initial credit value is set to and only they can change it.

Once , when I was told I had to phone, I called CS and found that the PPV Credit had accidentlly been set to 0!
  • StigglesStiggles Posts: 9,618
    Forum Member
    I've got the same problem because the dope that install ours didnt connect the phoneline. Only the ethernet to the router. To be honest, i would have imagined it could do it over that :confused:
  • Matt35Matt35 Posts: 30,034
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just wanted to know if I reduce my packages and broadband from unlimited to basic is it 31 days notice for all?
  • Nigel GoodwinNigel Goodwin Posts: 58,452
    Forum Member
    Stiggles wrote: »
    I've got the same problem because the dope that install ours didnt connect the phoneline. Only the ethernet to the router. To be honest, i would have imagined it could do it over that :confused:

More people have phonelines than have internet, and vastly so back when Sky digital was set up - the phoneline is also far more secure then the internet.

Ring Sky and tell them the box isn't connected to the phone, and they will send another installer out to do the job properly.
  • StigglesStiggles Posts: 9,618
    Forum Member
    More people have phonelines than have internet, and vastly so back when Sky digital was set up - the phoneline is also far more secure then the internet.

Ring Sky and tell them the box isn't connected to the phone, and they will send another installer out to do the job properly.

Had it done about a fortnight ago!