Options

Adult Bullies

13»

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,556
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    We've got one in my office who acts like the self-appointed class prefect, constantly saying things like "who's got expired food in the fridge? who used the wrong recycling bin? who didn't empty the dishwasher?" and acting incredibly put-upon. If she knows who did it (or thinks she does), she sends a passive-aggressive email along the lines of "I don't want to embarrass you in public by saying this aloud, but you did X, you're being really childish and lazy and need to grow up and stop expecting everyone else to run around after you." I got one the other day for leaving my computer on standby overnight and she sent me a bunch of links about how much energy I was wasting. We HAVE an office manager, by the way, and they don't do any of this! She just does it to feel superior and belittle others

My mother has had quite a few relationships with bullies over the years, it wasn't good for me or my sisters when we were growing up. I remember being about 17 years old and having a random teenage argument with her, and her boyfriend of the time wading in and being all "how dare you talk to MY girlfriend like that! Get out of MY house!" when the argument had nothing to do with him (the house was in my mother's name and was certainly not his!) Then when I told him to F- off, he physically threatened me and started trying to push me around until I said I was calling the police. At least it's helped me learn to spot them and avoid going out with them myself, I suppose

Blimey. Nobody should have to put up with this type of thing >:(