The Ratings Thread (Part 64)

Comments

• A.D.PA.D.P Posts: 10,329
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Was such a bad night of TV tonight.

I haven't searched but I am sure you have posted that regularly on Saturdays when TVUK has been on?

Clearly the BBC through ratings has pleased a lot of people every weekend this year so far.

Last nights TVUK was a stunning semi final, all bsr one good singers, and very funny in Will I ams antics, but you can't please everyone.

Andy23 wrote: »
    Pretty much exactly the same line up it's been for about 6 weeks, give or take a different programme or two.

I assume you don't like 'Saturday night entertainment' then?

Agree.
  • ftvftv Posts: 31,668
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I didn't realise it was mandatory to watch TV on Saturday nights ? I can usually find something on BBC2 or even C4.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    ftv wrote: »
    I didn't realise it was mandatory to watch TV on Saturday nights ? I can usually find something on BBC2 or even C4.

Who said it was? :confused:

So you do not consider BBC2 or C4 TV?
  • The WizardThe Wizard Posts: 11,071
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    A bit late with last nights viewing figures this week. Has the time difference thrown everyone?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The Wizard wrote: »
    A bit late with last nights viewing figures this week. Has the time difference thrown everyone?

Assume it will take the same time but we lost an hour.
  • ronantronant Posts: 4,785
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    A.D.P wrote: »
    Assume it will take the same time but we lost an hour.

The change doesn't make any difference usually - the ratings should be available from 9.30am as normal. Just appears no one with access has tweeted.
  • C14EC14E Posts: 32,165
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    TVUK|: 6.3m
    SNT: 5.7m + 0.2m
    YBITR 4.0m + 0.2m:
  • Rob1985Rob1985 Posts: 5,193
    Forum Member
    C14E wrote: »
    YBITR 4.0m + 0.2m:

I am amazed at how this is performing so well.
  • JordyDJordyD Posts: 4,007
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Rob1985 wrote: »
    I am amazed at how this is performing so well.

Why does 4m seem like a big rating for ITV now?:D

Disappointing all round really, the voice could only muster 6.3.
  • ftvftv Posts: 31,668
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Who said it was? :confused:

So you do not consider BBC2 or C4 TV?

Of course they are, I just got the impression the OP was talking about the main channels, it can't really be true that there is nothing to watch.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    YBITR 4.0m + 0.2m:

TVUK continues with good momentum.
  • Ice dragon1Ice dragon1 Posts: 19,557
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    JordyD wrote: »

I'd say 6.3mil is pretty good for the Voice don't forget it's in its live stages and they have never been popular which is a shame as this year really has been great. Plus it's also up on last year still 😊
  • tobitobi Posts: 2,915
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    YBITR 4.0m + 0.2m:

So the Voice went down and SNT went up. Guess the rugby last week inflated the Voice ratings
  • cylon6cylon6 Posts: 25,483
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    YBITR 4.0m + 0.2m:

Thanks C14E.

How did Coalition do on Channel 4?
  • FuddFudd Posts: 166,868
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    That's a bit more like it for Saturday Night Takeaway. You're Back in the Room is a consistent performer; I wonder how it would do with weaker opposition? Whilst I think The Voice UK needs more live shows so people get to know the contestants it does lose momentum after the pre-recorded stage. Still a good figure for it, though.
  • Dan RDan R Posts: 2,201
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The Voice - 6.3m - not as low as I would've liked but still nice and mediocre.
    SNT - 5.9m - disappointing...
    You're Back in the Room has surprisingly good legs.
  • H of De VilH of De Vil Posts: 26,539
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Dropping each week is good momentum? Should be a nice figure below 6m for the final then. Nothing like a good momentum to carry you through.

The rugby did aid TVUK, and so did ITV. But there is no doubt that it has done well this year despite everything in its favour.

I'm shocked at how well You're Back in the Room is doing. I thought it would be below 2m by now. Obviously ITV have hit the right note, a new format that works.
  • Dan RDan R Posts: 2,201
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Dropping each week is good momentum? Should be a nice figure below 6m for the final then. Nothing like a good momentum to carry you through.
    I agree it's stupid what some people spout on here, however I doubt the Voice will be below 6m for the final. Typically finals for it rate in the low 7 millions.
  • northladnorthlad Posts: 1,823
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ITV wont be happy with how low The Voice is going having just bought it!
  • JordyDJordyD Posts: 4,007
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

The rugby did aid TVUK, and so did ITV. But there is no doubt that it has done well this year despite everything in its favour.

I'm shocked at how well You're Back in the Room is doing. I thought it would be below 2m by now. Obviously ITV have hit the right note, a new format that works.

And I'm miserable? :)
  • Chris1964Chris1964 Posts: 19,725
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    [QUOTE=Dan R;77499747]The Voice - 6.3m - not as low as I would've liked but still nice and mediocre.
    SNT - 5.9m - disappointing...
    You're Back in the Room has surprisingly good legs.[/QUOTE]

Id love to know how low would have been acceptable for you with The Voice? Presumably you would like it cancelled!

Personally I think 6.3 million is a bit on the disappointing side because this has been all round, the strongest series yet. Its the culture that's developed that interest lessens and it seems once again that no act has caught the imagination of the public to the extent of driving the press/publicity cycle(which XF has excelled at in the past) and therefore bums on seats. Hopefully there is a spike for the final.
    OK for SNT in line with its performance this year, but I do think its gradually passing its sell by date.
    YBITR, destined for the bin after week one based on comments has, found a niche and in the context of ITV at the moment-even a hit! Perhaps its audience has been subliminally compelled to watch, and its thought bringing them "back in the room" will cause them great anguish :D
  • FuddFudd Posts: 166,868
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    JordyD wrote: »

4m wouldn't be an awful figure for BBC One either but you do have a point. It seems to be enough to be a success these days, particularly on ITV.

If Ninja Warrior flops I wonder if ITV will move You're Back in the Room away from The Voice UK/air it after Britain's Got Talent next year?
  • yorkie100yorkie100 Posts: 9,372
    Forum Member
    Chris1964 wrote: »
    Id love to know how low would have been acceptable for you with The Voice? Presumably you would like it cancelled!

Personally I think 6.3 million is a bit on the disappointing side because this has been all round, the strongest series yet. Its the culture that's developed that interest lessens and it seems once again that no act has caught the imagination of the public to the extent of driving the press/publicity cycle(which XF has excelled at in the past) and therefore bums on seats. Hopefully there is a spike for the final.
    OK for SNT in line with is performance this year, but I do think its gradually passing its sell by date.
    YBITR, destined for the bin after week one based on comments has, found a niche and in the context of ITV at the moment-even a hit! Perhaps its audience has been subliminally compelled to watch, and its thought bringing them "back in the room" will cause them great anguish :D

The only explanation I can think for YBITR is that people these days just dont seem to care if things are faked if they find it entertaining - a bit like Top Gear/Googlebox. I think its worse than SITE actually.
  • C14EC14E Posts: 32,165
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    TVUK continues with good momentum.

Good momentum? :confused:
    cylon6 wrote: »
    Thanks C14E.

How did Coalition do on Channel 4?

1m inc +1 :)
    northlad wrote: »
    ITV wont be happy with how low The Voice is going having just bought it!

It's not like the show will be cancelled on that number so ITV (and Talpa/Wall To Wall) will hardly be worrying.

Obviously if the live shows rated better then they could get an extended commission but I'd imagine everyone gave up on that two years ago. The live show drops are expected now.
    Chris1964 wrote: »

Much needed for ITV at the moment, although goes to show how hard it can be to pick an entertainment success. I don't think many expected it to launch with 4m, let alone hold that.
  • JokanovicJokanovic Posts: 12,155
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Think BBC will be very happy with TVUK. Beaten SNT every week which reversed last years figures. I wonder if it's the golden boys losing their touch or the show is just going a bit stale. Same happened to Noel's House Party, it's blueprint, many years ago.
This discussion has been closed.