Is faster better??

2»

Comments

• swordmanswordman Posts: 6,679
    Forum Member
    Gormond wrote: »
    My iPad 2 is lightning fast like my Nexus 4, and I have used it since launch with no reformat.

My Nexus 7 noticeably stutters even just going between home screens.

Well not my experience at all I have two ipad 2s here and they are fine but certainly not lightning fast and in certain tasks quite slow, as i say both struggle in netflix and the sky movies app badly.
  • GormondGormond Posts: 15,838
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    swordman wrote: »
    Well not my experience at all I have two ipad 2s here and they are fine but certainly not lightning fast and in certain tasks quite slow, as i say both struggle in netflix and the sky movies app badly.

Subjective I guess but it doesn't make my and Anika's opinion any less valid.
    Forum Member
    its not subjective it is slow as i have described especially under certain circumstances, does struggle with high res video a little too if file size is big so does make your opinion less valid I'm afraid as neither is lightning fast. Try those apps and tell me I'm wrong as both ipad 2's do struggle although having said that they are fine for normal use but bloody heavy.
  • Anika HansonAnika Hanson Posts: 15,629
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    its not subjective it is slow as i have described especially under certain circumstances, does struggle with high res video a little too if file size is big so does make your opinion less valid I'm afraid as neither is lightning fast. Try those apps and tell me I'm wrong as both ipad 2's do struggle although having said that they are fine for normal use but bloody heavy.

Do you mean the sky now app?

My ipad mini works well with Netflix and the sky now app. Do you mean it struggles with your own high res videos? I haven't tried to watch any large high res files on it. Just my own DVD rips and streaming from lovefilm, netflix, sky go, sky now and youtube.It works fine for that. It could struggle with intense gaming but I don't really game so I don't know if it's up to it or not.
  • alanwarwicalanwarwic Posts: 28,396
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well I'm sort of confused how you ended up with an iPad swordman,(edit) though am sure many an iPad 2 owner would love a swap for your HD +, well at the very least a temporary trial.

So is it in need of a full reset?
  • tdensontdenson Posts: 5,773
    Forum Member
    alanwarwic wrote: »
    Well I'm sort of confused how you ended up with an iPad swordman.

So am I. I thought it was against your religion :)
    Forum Member
    alanwarwic wrote: »
    Well I'm sort of confused how you ended up with an iPad swordman,(edit) though am sure many an iPad 2 owner would love a swap for your HD +, well at the very least a temporary trial.

So is it in need of a full reset?

:D they are not mine just putting some stuff on for family members and resetting them etc.

Nah i love my bargain Hd+ best vfm tablet out there
    Forum Member
    tdenson wrote: »
    So am I. I thought it was against your religion :)

I only handle them with gloves in sterile conditions ;)
    Forum Member
    Do you mean the sky now app?

My ipad mini works well with Netflix and the sky now app. Do you mean it struggles with your own high res videos? I haven't tried to watch any large high res files on it. Just my own DVD rips and streaming from lovefilm, netflix, sky go, sky now and youtube.It works fine for that. It could struggle with intense gaming but I don't really game so I don't know if it's up to it or not.

can't try sky go as don't want to use a change for them but I am sure they are fine for sky go I meant the sky go movies app where it renders a few hundred movie thumbnails and the netflix app is very slow navigating, your mini is probably fine but the ipad 2 isn't and I doubt they are both dodgy after reset as they work fine in everyday use.

While I am at it ipad 2 connection is 30 pin? same as 4/4s so all docks are the same? and there is no reason a dock wouldn't work for the ipad 2 even if marketed for iphone.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

It is subjective as my and others experience differs. My iPad suffers no issues at all, but my nexus 7 lags going between home screens unless you are calling me a liar?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    can't try sky go as don't want to use a change for them but I am sure they are fine for sky go I meant the sky go movies app where it renders a few hundred movie thumbnails and the netflix app is very slow navigating, your mini is probably fine but the ipad 2 isn't and I doubt they are both dodgy after reset as they work fine in everyday use.

While I am at it ipad 2 connection is 30 pin? same as 4/4s so all docks are the same? and there is no reason a dock wouldn't work for the ipad 2 even if marketed for iphone.

The iPad 2 and mini use the exact same hardware, it just has a smaller screen but at the same res.
    Forum Member
    Are you saying that those apps I have mentioned perform like lightning on your ipad2 of you aren't it isn't subjective is it. However as I said there is nothing hugely wrong with its performance I just found your lightning speed a tad too fast.

Can't year a mini so can't comment.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Are you saying that those apps I have mentioned perform like lightning on your ipad2 of you aren't it isn't subjective is it. However as I said there is nothing hugely wrong with its performance I just found your lightning speed a tad too fast.

Can't year a mini so can't comment.

When I say lightning fast I mean just navigating the OS, in and out of folders and so forth, I get no noticable lag doing that on my iPad 2 but the N7 noticeably stutters.

I use Netflix on both devices and I get no issues on the iPad 2 or N7 with it. I don't like to use it on the N7 as it doesn't give me the option to log into my profile like the iPad version does.