Options

Humax channel search

GrannyGruntbuckGrannyGruntbuck Posts: 3,638
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Does my Humax Freesat+ box automaticaly update channels or do I have to do a manual scan every now and again to make sure it is all up to date?

Comments

• Options
    grahamlthompsongrahamlthompson Posts: 18,486
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Does my Humax Freesat+ box automaticaly update channels or do I have to do a manual scan every now and again to make sure it is all up to date?

It's automatic.

If it's a Foxsat-HDR it must be left in sby overnight to get updates. If it's a newer G2 freetime box it will update when on without you noticing anything.

Latest update was a change to 690 Inspiration TV SID on Thursday 13th August and the previous one was also on same channel which moved transponder on 20th July. If you can watch 690 your box is up to date.
  • Options
    GrannyGruntbuckGrannyGruntbuck Posts: 3,638
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's automatic.

If it's a Foxsat-HDR it must be left in sby overnight to get updates. If it's a newer G2 freetime box it will update when on without you noticing anything.

Latest update was a change to 690 Inspiration TV SID on Thursday 13th August and the previous one was also on same channel which moved transponder on 20th July. If you can watch 690 your box is up to date.

Thank you.

I have not used the box for while as I went back to sky, but will be dumping them again as I just cannot justify around £76 a month to view mostly a load of garbage.
  • Options
    TallywackerTallywacker Posts: 1,561
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Where do you get this info graham? Is it in the settings on the box itself or do you get it from a website?
  • Options
    grahamlthompsongrahamlthompson Posts: 18,486
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Where do you get this info graham? Is it in the settings on the box itself or do you get it from a website?

My Foxsat-hdr has custom firmware on it (available from AV Forums). It e-mails me any channel line up changes. I report these here :

https://myhumax.org/forum/topic/update-log-for-recordwatch-apps/page/50

and maintain some software as detailed here:

https://myhumax.org/forum/topic/what-can-i-record-and-watch-using-1-or-2-cables