The Newsroom

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8
Forum Member
Will there be a second season of this excellent show and when will season one be released on DVD?

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,488
    Forum Member
    Will there be a second season of this excellent show and when will season one be released on DVD?

There will be a second series, but there's no date for it yet. Because there's no date for the second series, there's no date for the DVD release of season 1...
  • JasonJason Posts: 76,557
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It was renewed for a second season after the 1st episode of season 1 :)
  • HaloJoeHaloJoe Posts: 13,283
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Watched every episode of the 1st series over the last few days and i must say i LOVE this show, can't wait for the new season.

I wonder when it returns???

And Sloan Sabbith (Olivia Munn) Yummy!!!!!!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just do a google image search for "Olivia Munn Magic Mike" ;)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Just do a google image search for "Olivia Munn Magic Mike" ;)

I've done a google search on her all right ;)

Their's some great pictures of her, shes a bit of a girl :p
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    HaloJoe wrote: »
    I've done a google search on her all right ;)

That sounds like a very pervy euphemism :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    That sounds like a very pervy euphemism :)

Well ya'know, a mans gotta do what a mans gotta do :D

Coincidently do you have any idea when the new season starts?
  • IC89IC89 Posts: 1,636
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's returning in June. I had a little research of my favourite USTV series and this was one! (The others, Hell's Kitchen and Veep are starting in March and April.)

Utterly in love with this TV series and cannot wait for season two!!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    IC89 wrote: »
    It's returning in June. I had a little research of my favourite USTV series and this was one! (The others, Hell's Kitchen and Veep are starting in March and April.)

Utterly in love with this TV series and cannot wait for season two!!

I know you what you mean, it's sooo addictive, can't believe we have to wait till June though :(

I'll probably watch the first season again in the mean time :D
  • RevengaRevenga Posts: 11,321
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Love this show. It's so well-written and snappy, Aaron Sorkin has shown his flair once again. I do understand why some criticise it for being really lefty-preachy, but it's certainly not something that bothers me!

I hope Neal and Sloan are featured more in season 2, they're great characters.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Revenga wrote: »
    I hope Neal and Sloan are featured more in season 2, they're great characters.

This^

Dev Patel and Olivia Munn are great. I actually find Emily Mortimer (Mac) a little annoying, she's ok and i know she's an essential character, but she's too whiny at times. I do like her don't get me wrong, theirs just something about her character that sometimes irritates me, and i can't quite put my finger on it.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Anyone know when the 2nd series will be airing on Sky Atlantic?

I know it's coming soon, anyone know a date?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 530
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Season 2 begins on July 14th in the US. I believe last year Sky Atlantic aired the show two weeks after the US so if it's the same this year we could expect it end of July.

Although Sky have recently started airing shows a day after their US airdate such as Girls season 2 so we'll just have to wait and see if this might get a similar treatment
  • LostFoolLostFool Posts: 90,623
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I did love the first season but it wasn't without fault (unlike TWW which was just about perfect) so hopefully they've taken the opportunity to make a few minor tweaks to the show
  • ep1987ep1987 Posts: 759
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Hopefully Sky will repeat S1 (at the moment they seem to be adding an episode a week to the on demand box sets but in sd only).
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 17
    Forum Member
    A little over a month to go. In the meantime they have released the slimmest of sneak peek's at the next season. Because apparently they're sadist.

http://honestreviewscorner.com/2013/05/26/a-sneak-peek-at-season-2-of-the-newsroom/
  • JustonecornettoJustonecornetto Posts: 19,818
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Looking forward to Season 2 and I hope that we see more of Olivia Munn's character Sloan Sabbith :)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 17
    Forum Member
    agreed. they didnt use her as much in the beginning of S1 but towards the end they stepped up the game so i am hoping that continues
  • NoEntry2kNoEntry2k Posts: 14,969
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Geektown is quoting the Sky Atlantic start date for season two as 26th August at 10pm.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 530
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    That's appalling, more than a month after the US, I would have thought that due to the popularity of the show they might air it more closer such as a week after the US
  • AmbassadorAmbassador Posts: 22,332
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Gulfam1 wrote: »
    That's appalling, more than a month after the US, I would have thought that due to the popularity of the show they might air it more closer such as a week after the US

It's not that popular over here, never got past 300,000 and dropped as low as 110,000 some weeks

It was 2 weeks behind last season so only an extra fortnight and it might save us from having to take a break if the US does.
  • NoEntry2kNoEntry2k Posts: 14,969
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ambassador wrote: »
    It's not that popular over here, never got past 300,000 and dropped as low as 110,000 some weeks

It was 2 weeks behind last season so only an extra fortnight and it might save us from having to take a break if the US does.

Being a HBO show its unlikely it’ll take a break, it should run over consecutive weeks.

But I agree with your point about its relatively low ratings over here, it’s far from Sky Atlantics most popular show, getting a fraction of the viewers than the likes of Mad Men, The Following and Blue Bloods.

I suspect Sky didn’t want to start it in the middle of the summer holidays season, probably reducing its viewership even more, so have decided to wait until the end of August. I think it’s a sensible move, and I can live with being only a month behind the US, which is still much better than average when it comes to US imports.
  • circlebro2019circlebro2019 Posts: 17,560
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    august 26th is fine by me, looking forward to it.

hopefully they repeat s1 first
  • LostFoolLostFool Posts: 90,623
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    whedon247 wrote: »
    hopefully they repeat s1 first

I've just started watching S1 again. I'd forgotten how annoying (cute, but annoying) Alison Pill is.
  • AmbassadorAmbassador Posts: 22,332
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The first 5 episodes are available on Sky Demand (in SD) until 9th July.

Episode 5 is also available in HD atm