Options

Corrie, Tim the Taxi driver.

Comments

• Options
    davelovesleedsdavelovesleeds Posts: 22,730
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ouroboros wrote: »

And of course, with no knowledge whatsoever of how to run a cab business, next year he'll be Wetherfield Businessman of The Year.
  • Options
    OuroborosOuroboros Posts: 1,854
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    And of course, with no knowledge whatsoever of how to run a cab business, next year he'll be Wetherfield Businessman of The Year.

Maybe they will get Faye in with a clipboard just like Sophies to help run it. :D
  • Options
    GracieLGracieL Posts: 4,312
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Nooooo, I like Tim as a window cleaner :(
  • Options
    jsmith99jsmith99 Posts: 20,382
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    How can he run a business, particularly one with a large amount of record keeping, when he can't read or write?

I don't even know how he got a driving licence.
  • Options
    mark e amark e a Posts: 2,261
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The illiteracy story line has finished therefore he can read and write perfectly.

Sophie, due to her clipboard holding skills, will guide Tim in restructuring the business and producing a business plan and forecasted projections. She'll also supervise Eileen on the switch.
  • Options
    GulftasticGulftastic Posts: 127,498
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    mark e a wrote: »
    The illiteracy story line has finished therefore he can read and write perfectly.

Just like he could before the illiteracy storyline.....
  • Options
    notdebbiedinglenotdebbiedingle Posts: 45,817
    Forum Member
    Bloody Sally is going to be unbearable, though I do think this council s/l is realistic to her character & in fact recommended it myself in a post shortly after I joined the forum in 2014!! Nice to know the Corrie ptb listen to us here on DS!! ;):D:D
    Seriously though at least a 'position of power' will give her pathetic snob tendencies some actual basis at last!!

Disappointing if they're taking Tim off the window cleaning though as that has been a lovely nod back to characters like Stan Ogden, Eddie Yeats & early Jack Duckworth!! Window cleaning is s proud tradition on Corrie!!
  • Options
    hatpeghatpeg Posts: 3,215
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    With Sally involved, perhaps she could sponsor "fat" Brenda to lose weight.
  • Options
    Jimmy ConnorsJimmy Connors Posts: 118,014
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    mark e a wrote: »

Sophie, due to her clipboard holding skills, will guide Tim in restructuring the business and producing a business plan and forecasted projections. She'll also supervise Eileen on the switch.

:D:D

This sounds spot on!
  • Options
    callumfreemancallumfreeman Posts: 12,399
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Another character just buying shares in a business.

I did like Tim though when he hung out in the cab office a few weeks ago. Maybe he can be Steve's new best friend.
  • Options
    Mark_Washingto1Mark_Washingto1 Posts: 19,273
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Another character just buying shares in a business.

I did like Tim though when he hung out in the cab office a few weeks ago. Maybe he can be Steve's new best friend.

That is probably why they are doing this, they figure Steve will need someone to joke around with so they chose Tim, they should work well together.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Come to think of it, who's running the cab business at the moment? Steve and lLloyd are on long term absence? Eileen seems to spend all her time at home or in the pub. It's either Michael or Fat Brenda.

Does Sally realise how much work is ... sorry, should be .... involved in being a councillor? Of our last nine (three sets), all Lib Dems, three have been disasters. Not bothering to attend Council or sub-committee meetings, not replying to correspondence. Though I understand they were quick at picking up their allowances and expenses.
  • Options
    callumfreemancallumfreeman Posts: 12,399
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    jsmith99 wrote: »
    Come to think of it, who's running the cab business at the moment? Steve and lLloyd are on long term absence? Eileen seems to spend all her time at home or in the pub. It's either Michael or Fat Brenda.

Does Sally realise how much work is ... sorry, should be .... involved in being a councillor? Of our last nine (three sets), all Lib Dems, three have been disasters. Not bothering to attend Council or sub-committee meetings, not replying to correspondence. Though I understand they were quick at picking up their allowances and expenses.

Probably Michelle. I am sure she mentioned the other week she has been keeping Steve's businesses afloat during his absence.
  • Options
    soap-leasoap-lea Posts: 23,851
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    jsmith99 wrote: »
    How can he run a business, particularly one with a large amount of record keeping, when he can't read or write?

I don't even know how he got a driving licence.

he will of passed his test in the days when you got your provisional licence then sat your test days/weeks after and passed no problem :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    That is probably why they are doing this, they figure Steve will need someone to joke around with so they chose Tim, they should work well together.

I like Tim's bromance with Kevin.

thought it was a bit weird him hanging round the cab office the other week, can't see him wanting to run streetcars
  • Options
    Mark_Washingto1Mark_Washingto1 Posts: 19,273
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    soap-lea wrote: »
    I like Tim's bromance with Kevin.

thought it was a bit weird him hanging round the cab office the other week, can't see him wanting to run streetcars

Yeah, I like his bromance with Kevin as well, but you know Tim doesn't want to run Street Cars, it will be Sally forcing it on him, she probably thinks since she is running for city council she can't have a window washer as a husband, so Tim needs a better job.:D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Probably Michelle. I am sure she mentioned the other week she has been keeping Steve's businesses afloat during his absence.

She is a busy person, isn't she? A barmaid, a wedding planner, and now running a taxi firm. And all while hardly ever seeming to leave Carla's side.
  • Options
    Soapster1Soapster1 Posts: 1,958
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Where is Michael??? We have seen Eileen around but no Michael for ages. He must be hanging out with the Nazirs somewhere.
  • Options
    WolfsheadishWolfsheadish Posts: 10,400
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Thanks for yet another spoiler. Please, people, at least put "spoiler" in the title if that's what it is! Thank you.
  • Options
    EastenderstreetEastenderstreet Posts: 3,284
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    has she bought Steve's half though and not Lloyds?

Considering she calls Liz over it must have something to do with Steve's shares?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks for yet another spoiler. Please, people, at least put "spoiler" in the title if that's what it is! Thank you.

Your welcome. I do like to keep people informed, however the link is from the Digital Spy website so it is available for all to see so not really a spoiler. :D
  • Options
    davejc64davejc64 Posts: 6,077
    Forum Member
    I suspect it's because Sally sees being a Taxi business owner better than being a window cleaning business owner in respect to her political career aspirations. :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ouroboros wrote: »
    Your welcome. I do like to keep people informed, however the link is from the Digital Spy website so it is available for all to see so not really a spoiler. :D

It is! just cos its been posted on a spoiler website doesn't make it any less of a spoiler
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    soap-lea wrote: »
    It is! just cos its been posted on a spoiler website doesn't make it any less of a spoiler

Maybe but it's hardly worth getting upset about, plus the person thanked me for it. :cool:
  • Options
    Adrian_Ward1Adrian_Ward1 Posts: 13,119
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Could be funny.