EE: Should Ben Stick With Abi?

Comments

• LMLM Posts: 63,499
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    acid rain wrote: »
    If Abi knows Ben is gay what is she getting out of the relationship?

Security

Her dad is in jail. Her sister lives abroad. Her mother has moved on. Her grandmother is in some grotty flat. She has no where else to go. All her own fault.
  • Lady VoldemortLady Voldemort Posts: 10,088
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Sausage will be back soon and even if he and Ben don't get together, Johnny can introduce Ben to the concept he alone in the world of soap has discovered: you CAN go and randomly meet a fella outside of your own street.
  • mrs.deschanelmrs.deschanel Posts: 3,545
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I noticed a change in Lorna's weight around last year but the poor girl was a victim of abuse from people on twitter, so she may of felt pressured. >:(

It would be a shame if she did diet due to being bullied into it. She wasn't exactly obese before and if she was comfortable and happy it's no one else's business. It's always a shame when keyboard warriors think it's ok to pick on someone who's on telly when they are just kids. Poor lass.
  • GardenaGardena Posts: 8,602
    Forum Member
    acid rain wrote: »
    If Abi knows Ben is gay what is she getting out of the relationship?

Not seeing herself as a failure compared to Lauren . Abi was always the trouble free child , the one that did everything right . She was expecting to go to uni and have a good life . Lauren was the screw up (and this way got all parental attention) but it's Lauren who then ended up with the boyfriend , the job and later the baby while Abi lost Jay , Tramp and her future within a few episodes and as a result she jumped onto Ben . The way Abi spoke of "perfect Lauren"and her "perfect life" in Tuesday's episode makes it pretty clear how much she still resents Lauren for that .
  • Zeus89Zeus89 Posts: 3,102
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No for obvious reason's this is really stupid question.
    Ben is gay, i will leave it at that.
  • TNPCATNPCA Posts: 162
    Forum Member
    Peg ODwyer wrote: »
    I agree, Ben needs to find true love, & imo. that is not with ABi or Paul.

He is gay, so it is not fair on himself or Abi, to stay with her.

Agreed, he doesn't have any chemistry with Abi but I don't want to see him with Paul either (plus Paul could go all bunny boiler when Ben says he doesn't want him and dates another guy - give him a story without being Ben's boyfriend who he is in love with already)
  • FusionFuryFusionFury Posts: 14,121
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    paralax wrote: »
    No, he should be honest that he is bi sexual but appears more drawn to men. The only women he gets involved with end up pregnant, if the latest rumours are true.

I think he's bi too.. you don't have sex with a female if you don't find them attract. Sorry !
  • Joey15811Joey15811 Posts: 15,426
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    FusionFury wrote: »
    I think he's bi too.. you don't have sex with a female if you don't find them attract. Sorry !

He is imaging she is a bloke. Ben definatly is gay not bi. Technicially I am bi but I mostly identify as Gay as I only actually find very few attractive in my age range. I'm 90% gay but Ben definatly is 100% gay.
  • DCM10DCM10 Posts: 647
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Wrong!!!

I'm gay. I've tried to be straight in the past and I've had sex with females in an attempt to be 'normal' but it just doesn't work. I am able to have sex with a female but in my own heart i know it is not right for me. I'm gay and nothing I or anyone else can do will change that. Of course a gay man can have sex with a female, many do but it is not how nature made us.
  • mrs.deschanelmrs.deschanel Posts: 3,545
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

He's not havin sex with her often and obviously doesn't have a desire to do it. Of course he can force himself when necessary - how do you think so many gay men manage to hide their sexuality and marry women? I'm sure there are ways and means of making little Ben wake up.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm sure there are ways and means of making little Ben wake up.
    LOL LOVE the way you put that :D
  • Louise_HartLouise_Hart Posts: 3,421
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

WOW everythings so black and white to you isn't it??(roll eyes)

what an ignorant comment!
  • Ryan_Ryan_ Posts: 129
    Forum Member
    Well, it's been said but he should be with Paul, as Ben is gay.

Abi is obviously suffering from low self-esteem, but she should let go and find someone who wants HER.
  • Karma_RoseKarma_Rose Posts: 131
    Forum Member
    In a real life situation I'd feel sorry for Abi.
    As it is she's a bloody horrible character and I might have a little bit of a laugh when she "finds out" (in serious inverted commas) that Ben is gay.

With regards to the OP, it's already been said. To actually advocate a gay man repress his sexuality, or to suggest he's bi because he's had sex with a woman, is ridiculous. Paul Cocker is a lovely Freudian slip though.
  • Seymour ButtsSeymour Butts Posts: 3,754
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Has Ben been with someone else other than Abi and Paul? Who did he spend the night with?
  • NeomysterioNeomysterio Posts: 13,450
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    WOW everythings so black and white to you isn't it??(roll eyes)

what an ignorant comment!

Seconded.
  • bass55bass55 Posts: 18,386
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Oh jesus, this argument again.

Look, having sex with a woman does not make a man straight. Ben is as gay as the day is long. He is not and never has been bisexual.
  • _elly001_elly001 Posts: 11,937
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Has Ben been with someone else other than Abi and Paul? Who did he spend the night with?

I'm wondering this too. Although Paul just assumed he'd been with someone else and Paul didn't deny it, but I think maybe he was somewhere else? It seemed a bit random.
  • chatterbox57chatterbox57 Posts: 547
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think they will plod along until Max is due back and that storyline is finished. We need an end to Bobby and the release of Max, then Abi will have some family back to live with. At present we haven't seen Cora for ages so assume that character has been quietly written out.

When is Max due back?
  • LMLM Posts: 63,499
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think they will plod along until Max is due back and that storyline is finished. We need an end to Bobby and the release of Max, then Abi will have some family back to live with. At present we haven't seen Cora for ages so assume that character has been quietly written out.

When is Max due back?

Max is back in the summer

Cora has been confirmed to be back late this year. Her character is just on a break for some reason.
  • WhedoniteWhedonite Posts: 29,237
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Please.

Despite what some people think, not all gay men are sexually repulsed by women. Just like plenty of straight men, Ben is capable of having sex with someone he is not attracted to.
  • Silent-TearsSilent-Tears Posts: 1,005
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    NOOOO he can support the baby and stay with Paul if he was a man but deff not stay in a relationship ,we all can guess she is lying anyway.>:(
  • OuroborosOuroboros Posts: 1,854
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    He should bin Paul off so hopefully he will clear off for good.
  • davejc64davejc64 Posts: 6,077
    Forum Member
    If you was Ben would you stick with Abi or go for Paul Cocker?

I'd stick with Abi, she seems a good shot at a nice stable family life for him. With Paul he will forever be running, with Abi she genuinely loves him (and would do anything for him), he cares for her.. I think he could also help his dad Phil (maybe) once he's a grandad.

I think Paul is too confused, and will just break Ben's heart one-day. Abi seems like the faithful, loyal type.. until Whitney poisons her ! :D

I don't know whether that was intentional or not, but it is funny. :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'd stick with Abi, she seems a good shot at a nice stable family life for him. With Paul he will forever be running, with Abi she genuinely loves him (and would do anything for him), he cares for her.. I think he could also help his dad Phil (maybe) once he's a grandad.

I think Paul is too confused, and will just break Ben's heart one-day. Abi seems like the faithful, loyal type.. until Whitney poisons her ! :D
    Strange remarks in your posting IMHO. Gays can and do manage to lead stable lives with a family if that is their choice. I cannot understand the comment that with Paul he will be forever running. Why do you think that would be the case?

As to your final comment that Paul is too confused I would question which of the three people is confused and which is at ease with themselves. Ben isn't confused, he is just trying to be what he isn't. Abi knows Ben is gay but wants to hold onto him regardless. Paul seems to me to be the one that knows who he is and accepts his sexuality. He came out to his grandparents and lives his life as an out gay man.