Options

I Want to Slap Artem!

Comments

• Options
    Jan2555*GG*Jan2555*GG* Posts: 11,064
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I voted lots for Kara and Artem......I got a few 'lines are busy' but otherwise I got a lot in.

I am very dissapointed about the showdance BUT at least we know he can produce amazing coreography.....
  • Options
    ChristaChrista Posts: 17,560
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Cornchips wrote: »
    agreed.

Matt had no dancing in it - Kara had very little dancing and some dreadful lifts that they both missed, and Pamela's routine was just a rip off. I have Dirty Dancing on DVD if I want to watch that - and Patrick does it so much better!

And why give a 60 year old woman an 18 year old's dance? :eek: Which had already been done in the first series...

They were all equally bad in different ways but I guess Kara's deserves the credit of being the most technically demanding...
  • Options
    Alli-FAlli-F Posts: 32,519
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I voted lots for Kara and Artem......I got a few 'lines are busy' but otherwise I got a lot in.

I am very dissapointed about the showdance BUT at least we know he can produce amazing coreography.....

I do love the way you spell choreography hun, very quirky! (And I'm not even being sarky :eek::o)

I just don't get his motivation, I guess. If I could understand his thinking behind it, then I might be less :confused:
  • Options
    water_carrierwater_carrier Posts: 1,237
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No slaps please! :D He's adorable.
    It was fantastic choreography and had the potential to be amazing. The problem was it was just too much for Kara. Maybe with a bit more practice or less nerves they would have clinched it. Sadly it ended up looking a disaster.
  • Options
    cath99cath99 Posts: 6,826
    Forum Member
    Loueez wrote: »
    Just glad hubby is currently watching Barcelona and not noticing the amount of time I'm spending on the phone without actually talking to anybody!:o:D

Just pretend its engaged :D

My mum does that when calling in front of my dad...."oh its engaged" REDIAL "still engaged" REDIAL "still can't get through"....

:D:D
  • Options
    Mystical123Mystical123 Posts: 15,822
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Cornchips wrote: »
    It was a complete rip off imho. He coud have chosen dozen of other songs to reflect their "journey" yet he chose that one, they put her in a dress different only in colour to the one JG wore in the film, and many of the moves were the same. There was nothing original in it whatsoever. It was dreadful.

Only the costume department are to blame for the dress! The song i agree wasn't a great choice, but I don't understand why people are saying it was a rip-off choreography-wise. Yes, it had the salsa bit from DD in it, but that was in their salsa anyway. The start was nothing like the DD start to me, it was 100% the start of their waltz. Many of the moves were the same because it was a proper dance with proper dance moves, just like the DD finale. So I don't think he just copied the routine at all, it was the most clever choreography anyway because the others just went too far towards ambitious.

Maybe it's just been too long since I've seen DD - think I need a night in with a bottle of wine and some Patrick Swazye :D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,863
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Alli-F wrote: »
    I just don't get his motivation, I guess. If I could understand his thinking behind it, then I might be less :confused:

On ITT they said Flash Dance, but I didn't get Flash Dance, I got more We Will Rock You?? Maybe that was just the Freddie Merc outfit though......:D
  • Options
    RelgiaRelgia Posts: 205
    Forum Member
    Kind of dissapointed but not irritated enough to slap beloved Artem =P I really wanted them to do something ballroom -based :(. Ah well, at least we've got the American Smooth to see yet =)
    Though to be honest I didn't see too much of the dance, that costume was really... interesting :o
  • Options
    drbolognaisedrbolognaise Posts: 2,721
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ok, I know it wasnt Tom and Camilla-esque...but I still liked Kartem's showdance out of all3...but thats because I bloody love the song!

Let's try to keep some PMA people...not long to go now!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Alli-F wrote: »
    I do love the way you spell choreography hun, very quirky! (And I'm not even being sarky :eek::o)

I am a carp spellist :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Anyway nothing we can do now..........we may want to slap Artem but if I was a Matt fan I would be putting a contract out on Aliona
  • Options
    ChristaChrista Posts: 17,560
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Relgia wrote: »
    Kind of dissapointed but not irritated enough to slap beloved Artem =P I really wanted them to do something ballroom -based :(. Ah well, at least we've got the American Smooth to see yet =)
    Though to be honest I didn't see too much of the dance, that costume was really... interesting :o

That is if they haven't flunked it.

We've go to go out now so I'm going to miss it...

Have a good night y'all!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,370
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Kara is such a beautiful, elegant dancer. Why, oh why, didn't Artem take advantage of this in their showdance? Yes, she's athletic as well, but her biggest strength in this competition is her dancing ability. Grr.
  • Options
    RelgiaRelgia Posts: 205
    Forum Member
    Christa wrote: »
    That is if they haven't flunked it.

We've go to go out now so I'm going to miss it...

Have a good night y'all!

I really really really hope they haven't, I'm trusting that people will think about their Rumba rather than their Showdance *prays*

Have a good night! =D
  • Options
    CornchipsCornchips Posts: 68,879
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    marvola45 wrote: »
    Kara is such a beautiful, elegant dancer. Why, oh why, didn't Artem take advantage of this in their showdance? Yes, she's athletic as well, but her biggest strength in this competition is her dancing ability. Grr.

Ditto. :mad:
  • Options
    SCD-ObserverSCD-Observer Posts: 18,560
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I want to slap Artem even more now!

It's confirmed Kara's injured in the showdance!

Why? Why?? Why???:mad:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    she cant straigten her arm.....I am gutted for her......
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,863
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    How the hell is she going to do her Smooth :(
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,693
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    she cant straigten her arm.....I am gutted for her......

Me too - and the fact that Pam is out- am voting for Kara now SCD- O!!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    No slaps please! :D He's adorable.
    It was fantastic choreography and had the potential to be amazing. The problem was it was just too much for Kara. Maybe with a bit more practice or less nerves they would have clinched it. Sadly it ended up looking a disaster.

Now I want to PUNCH the living daylights out of Artem!

The injury is quite serious for Kara. She can't even concentrate her waltz! And why tens for that lacklustre dance?! I am a supporter, but the blatant tens flying about from Alesha and Bruno will most likely cause Kara her SCD glitterball!!!:mad::mad::mad::mad:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    A combination of harsh comments to Matt galvanising their vote and Kara being injured might just have done for them. I hope she hasnt broken her arm........If they dont win and she is injured too I think it will have all ended on such a sad note when they have been so wonderful throughout the whole thing
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    A combination of harsh comments to Matt galvanising their vote and Kara being injured might just have done for them. I hope she hasnt broken her arm........If they dont win and she is injured too I think it will have all ended on such a sad note when they have been so wonderful throughout the whole thing

I am going to go MAD! Both angry and crazy mad MAD!!!:mad::cry::mad::cry:
  • Options
    katie_pkatie_p Posts: 10,857
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    You'll have to slap him on Kara's behalf, don't think she has the strength in her arm to do it herself!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    katie_p wrote: »
    You'll have to slap him on Kara's behalf, don't think she has the strength in her arm to do it herself!

I hope Len gives six again so that the public will vote for her!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,856
    Forum Member
    There will never ever be another showdance like Matthew Cutler's and Alesha Dixons. Not in a million years. BUT, loved Kara and Artem's much more than the other two.