You know you're getting old ..

Comments

• SteganStegan Posts: 5,039
    Forum Member
    You know you're getting old....when you have to bend down to pick something up and then look around for other things to pick up whilst you're down there!
  • d0lphind0lphin Posts: 25,353
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ^Agree about the bus and train, I'd rather just miss one and wait half an hour for the next than run for one:blush:
  • jrajra Posts: 48,325
    Forum Member
    Angela F wrote: »
    Or when you find when looking down the list your year of birth is such a long time ago it's not even there!

Not quite there yet, but I know what you mean.
  • starpress12starpress12 Posts: 212
    Forum Member
    the time u first went to pubs/nightclubs and some of your younger cousins were just in first class in junior school, now they are starting out going to pubs/nightclubs and I sometimes even bump into them when im out with my own friends, now that does make me feel old :o
  • kate36kate36 Posts: 13,715
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    sootysoo wrote: »
    Today's "yoof" are banal, pedestrian, sheep herd following, void of communication and any sense of individuality. I know that I am old because most young people make me want to slam my head against a brick wall. Any attempt to engage a "yoof" will be met with a string of incomprehensible mutters and a view of their scalp as they gaze full zombie mode into their phone, which is a lot smarter than they appear to be.

:D:D:D great post!!!!
  • Aarghawasp!Aarghawasp! Posts: 6,205
    Forum Member
    When you see 'Happy 18th son/daughter' posts from friends on fb...whose son/daughter you taught in nursery.
  • GurglesGurgles Posts: 1,520
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    When you talk to your teenage students about your childhood and teenage years (the 1970s and 80s) and they refer to them as 'the olden days.' :o
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,181
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Do you know anyone who wont be?
  • wear thefoxhatwear thefoxhat Posts: 3,753
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    When someone mentions 'retro moblie phones', a retro phone for me was in a red box on a street corner, I remember the first time I answered a telephone at the age of 12, got my first mobile at age 35, sometimes I do wonder quite how we lived without them, once you disappeared around the street corner you were effectively out if touch, now you can be in touch with someone on the other side of the world in an instant via a text message.
  • howardlhowardl Posts: 5,120
    Forum Member
    When you go and get your prostate reamed out.
  • angelafisherangelafisher Posts: 4,150
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    When the young lady you meet at your mum's care home isn't, as you thought, on a YTS work placement, she's actually your mum's doctor!
  • jcafcwjcafcw Posts: 11,282
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    When you realise, like I did today, that you were working before some of your colleagues were born.

I never saw that one coming.
  • GurglesGurgles Posts: 1,520
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    jcafcw wrote: »
    When you realise, like I did today, that you were working before some of your colleagues were born.

I never saw that one coming.

And when your 24 year old colleague points out that you're the same age as her mum! Grrrrr >:(:o:cool:
  • nuttytiggernuttytigger Posts: 14,053
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    When you are only 29 yet have friends with kids at high school.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,181
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    When you walk into the loo and dont know why your in there
  • CBFreakCBFreak Posts: 28,602
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    When your envious of school kids
  • IzzySIzzyS Posts: 11,045
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    When there are posters on here who don't remember the turn of the millennium.

What? seriously? geez :( I remember being scared about Y2K :blush:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    when you choose comfort over fashion

I'm dreading that day coming :o
  • IzzySIzzyS Posts: 11,045
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Comfort over fashion is my fashion lol maybe there's something wrong with me(?) but ive never wanted to wear anything that feels uncomfortable. I've always worn casual, comfy clothes. Never wear heels but thats partly because my balance has always been slightly wonky since I was a child. T shirts,hoodies, jeans and trainers are about all I ever wear when im home, with cropped shorts in the summer.
  • howardlhowardl Posts: 5,120
    Forum Member
    When you go to do something and then .............dam...what is this thread again???
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,334
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    CBFreak wrote: »
    When your envious of school kids

Think about the stuff they have now... makes the Gameboy looks like an ancient stone tool. I was born in the wrong generation, I think... :(
  • Walter NeffWalter Neff Posts: 9,173
    Forum Member
    When you can remember the day World War 2 ended, 69 years ago yesterday, three days after your eighth birthday. ;-)
  • swingalegswingaleg Posts: 103,092
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    When you get one of the 'What was top of the hit parade when you were born?; threads.........and you discover there was no hit parade and you have to go to the Sheet Music Sales section.........:o

oh........and when you call the charts the 'hit parade'.......:D
  • The FinisherThe Finisher Posts: 10,518
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    swingaleg wrote: »
    When you get one of the 'What was top of the hit parade when you were born?; threads.........and you discover there was no hit parade and you have to go to the Sheet Music Sales section.........:o

oh........and when you call the charts the 'hit parade'.......:D

...and when you still own one of those Top of the Pops compilation albums featuring tracks from the said hit parade :D
  • jabegyjabegy Posts: 6,201
    Forum Member
    When you remember watching the coronation of the queen on a black and white tv. :) what a great day that was.