Options

Who Killed Lucy Beale? - Latest theories, updates and spoilers (Merged)

Comments

• Options
    Get Den WattsGet Den Watts Posts: 6,039
    Forum Member
    But if they don't want to be implicated why bury them? Go to cops tell all & sundry on the square we found them and where you found them and we are helping. That is not being implicated, coming forward with the items absolves them, it is not what someone involved would do. Burying them implicates them rather more. I am not saying this isn't what the plot is but if it is it is pretty wretched and so is Ian not handing them up as evidence. If that is not explained in some way I give up.

Can you imagine a father of a murdered girl, desperate to find the person responsible withholding key evidence that happened to come their way because why exactly?[
    /QUOTE]

I can't decide if it's bad writing or the Beales covering for someone.

As for Ben and Jay, cut the cards up and throw the wallet in the canal. Idiots.
  • Options
    Aurora13Aurora13 Posts: 30,246
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    jende wrote: »
    See I don't agree. Ben just had come out of prison for murder, I just can't see him wanting to admit any connection to Lucy, be it just finding the purse and phone. They buried them so they wouldn't be implicated and yes, it was a stupid place to bury them, but they're not the sharpest knives in the cutlery drawer!!!

The part where Ian didn't hand over the phone and purse I really don't get! They only had to wipe over them to get rid of any previous fingerprints and stick it back in some mud and give it to the police. To me that is a weak part of the story, just can't see why Ian wouldn't want the police to have them.

Totally with you. Ben if he was known by Police to have the purse would be prime suspect due to his record. He and Jay (his accomplice again) were just keeping themselves out of firing line.

Agree I don't get the purse stuff after they were found. Denise / Jane / Ian all very odd.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,035
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    A new Christmas trailer will also be airing in the run up to Christmas

There normally just clips of the episodes mashed together. Nice try at trying to be clever.
  • Options
    david_leewarddavid_leeward Posts: 2,519
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    A new Christmas trailer will also be airing in the run up to Christmas

:D lol
  • Options
    llgxllgx Posts: 1,590
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    JamieHT wrote: »
    I've decided that although I'd like it to be Ian or Max that it is Peter. His reaction is what makes me believe that. Ian never said 'she's dead' unless I missed it, just that 'she's gone,' yet he knew what he meant.

Why would he murder his twin though? I personally can't see it.
  • Options
    llgxllgx Posts: 1,590
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    But if they don't want to be implicated why bury them? Go to cops tell all & sundry on the square we found them and where you found them and we are helping. That is not being implicated, coming forward with the items absolves them, it is not what someone involved would do. Burying them implicates them rather more. I am not saying this isn't what the plot is but if it is it is pretty wretched and so is Ian not handing them up as evidence. If that is not explained in some way I give up.

Can you imagine a father of a murdered girl, desperate to find the person responsible withholding key evidence that happened to come their way because why exactly?

They were obviously hoping they wouldn't be dug up.. kinda stupid considering where they were buried but the plan wasn't for them to be found and therefore they wouldn't be implicated because no one would be any the wiser.

Agree with you on Ian though. Very strange.
  • Options
    jendejende Posts: 21,432
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    llgx wrote: »
    I think for me re Peter is that he wouldn't know. Just because of them saying the person may not know they're the killer. So maybe they had a fight, he aggravated her injury, she left him alive and died later. That way Peter would have no idea she died because of him when he was told by Ian she'd gone.

I think the spanner in the works is Emma saying 'it's still murder'. But that really doesn't fit into the whole 'the killer doesn't know' scenario anyway so yeah, I dunno!
  • Options
    jamesjp14jamesjp14 Posts: 351
    Forum Member
    I think for me re Peter is that he wouldn't know. Just because of them saying the person may not know they're the killer. So maybe they had a fight, he aggravated her injury, she left him alive and died later. That way Peter would have no idea she died because of him when he was told by Ian she'd gone.

I think the spanner in the works is Emma saying 'it's still murder'. But that really doesn't fit into the whole 'the killer doesn't know' scenario anyway so yeah, I dunno!

Well, DTC did say that they'll be using trickery. It's all cleverly put together anyway so it was always bound to confuse us so they've done a great job.:)
  • Options
    PacerkezPacerkez Posts: 1,050
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Not sure if anyone has brought this up really lucy's unsent message to Peter. To me she could of bumped into him or someone else Raine? Known for her habit also. It's difficult where to place her and Ian on good Friday. Maybe Ian was telling the truth and there's nothing else to it.

Re: Jane reading out all of Lucy's messages to Ian, did she keep any from him?.

Re Cindy: what was her reason for telling Ian and Jane about Lucy's coke habit? Concern or spite.

Re Bobby: could he have been involved. Tagged along with cindy to see lucy, and was the one to hit her on the head out of anger or to stop an argument? Remember he's Ian's son also, so he must have been hurt by Ian telling lucy she's his favorite.

Also when Lucy stopped and looked back at the Beales house, did anyone else think she was looking at it as a goodbye look, like she'd decided to leave. Just a thought.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    jamesjp14 wrote: »
    Well, DTC did say that they'll be using trickery. It's all cleverly put together anyway so it was always bound to confuse us so they've done a great job.:)
    They've done well to keep us guessing!

I did think that Emma seemed a little frustrated when she said the 'it's still murder' line. I did wonder if it was just her way of trying to stop the person from walking off.
    Pacerkez wrote: »
    Not sure if anyone has brought this up really lucy's unsent message to Peter. To me she could of bumped into him or someone else Raine? Known for her habit also. It's difficult where to place her and Ian on good Friday. Maybe Ian was telling the truth and there's nothing else to it.

Re: Jane reading out all of Lucy's messages to Ian, did she keep any from him?.

Re Cindy: what was her reason for telling Ian and Jane about Lucy's coke habit? Concern or spite.

Re Bobby: could he have been involved. Tagged along with cindy to see lucy, and was the one to hit her on the head out of anger or to stop an argument? Remember he's Ian's son also, so he must have been hurt by Ian telling lucy she's his favorite.

Also when Lucy stopped and looked back at the Beales house, did anyone else think she was looking at it as a goodbye look, like she'd decided to leave. Just a thought.
    I wondered where Ian got 'got down to buisiness' with Raine. It did seem like the sort of thing you'd take to the car park of a not busy common!!! I can't remember if he said where he got his end away. I do though feel it wouldn't be him and maybe as you said, there's nothing more to it and it's not relevant to the death of Lucy.

Cindy, I would go for spite. But she is one of my favs to be the killer. I did wonder if Emma may have put the music box there to see her reaction (or the Beales reaction) .. I know she asked if they found out who sent it, but this could've been a bluff from her.

I must admit I did wonder at first if it was Bobby, who killed her and Jane covered for him, because to me, Bobby is the one who Jane would protect more than Lucy. They could go into the whole chid as a killer stuff that I don't think soaps have done before. Not sure though they would put such a big role on a young boy, who rarely appears on the show!

Yeah the look did seem to have that feel to it!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Very true about Cindy telling out of spite, she's not the warmest of character's and comes across as a right little mare. Ooh you could actually be right about Emma placing the box under the tree. Emma did lie saying Cindy said it was placed there on purpose in the vic. Can't remember what cindy did actually say now.

It's just the fact he's out the picture, and that he's Janes adoptive son and Ians. It would be a shocker if it was. It's likely Peter would of gone with Cindy to have it out with her.

Glad I'm not the only one who thought that about lucy.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    They've done well to keep us guessing!

I did think that Emma seemed a little frustrated when she said the 'it's still murder' line. I did wonder if it was just her way of trying to stop the person from walking off.

I wondered where Ian got 'got down to buisiness' with Raine. It did seem like the sort of thing you'd take to the car park of a not busy common!!! I can't remember if he said where he got his end away. I do though feel it wouldn't be him and maybe as you said, there's nothing more to it and it's not relevant to the death of Lucy.

Cindy, I would go for spite. But she is one of my favs to be the killer. I did wonder if Emma may have put the music box there to see her reaction (or the Beales reaction) .. I know she asked if they found out who sent it, but this could've been a bluff from her.

I must admit I did wonder at first if it was Bobby, who killed her and Jane covered for him, because to me, Bobby is the one who Jane would protect more than Lucy. They could go into the whole chid as a killer stuff that I don't think soaps have done before. Not sure though they would put such a big role on a young boy, who rarely appears on the show!

Yeah the look did seem to have that feel to it!

Ooh, I hadn't thought of the possibility of Emma placing the music box under the tree but where might she had got it from exactly?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 606
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Jane killed Lucy. It's so obvious. Lisa shot phil, chrissie killed Den, Tanya buried Max. It's someone in the family.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Jane killed Lucy. It's so obvious. Lisa shot phil, chrissie killed Den, Tanya buried Max. It's someone in the family.

Cindy and Peter are also in the family.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    jamesjp14 wrote: »
    Ooh, I hadn't thought of the possibility of Emma placing the music box under the tree but where might she had got it from exactly?

That's the thing isn't it? Forget about who killed Lucy, what about the mystery of the suddenly appearing box!!! :D I guess Emma would have access to it in Lucy's room when she was family liason person, although not sure why she would've taken it then. Did Ian say he packed some of her stuff up and sent it to a charity shop? I guess someone could have nabbed it then, but that would limit it to family who knew when it actually went to the shop, unless Emma or someone saw them take the stuff.

I just think with Emma turning into Sherlock Holmes, she might have happened to find the box and thought she'd test the family!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Very true about Cindy telling out of spite, she's not the warmest of character's and comes across as a right little mare. Ooh you could actually be right about Emma placing the box under the tree. Emma did lie saying Cindy said it was placed there on purpose in the vic. Can't remember what cindy did actually say now.

It's just the fact he's out the picture, and that he's Janes adoptive son and Ians. It would be a shocker if it was. It's likely Peter would of gone with Cindy to have it out with her.

Glad I'm not the only one who thought that about lucy.
    I think this is one of the reason I think it's Cindy, as she doesn't seem a very warm character and I could see her being a killer!!! I could also see someone, most probably Jane, helping cover for her because wasn't she pregnant at the time? Or had the baby, but either way, a baby was involved and they didn'tw ant her mum banged up.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just had a thought if inspired by Broadchurch, then Ian would of been with a woman in a car park and close to where Lucy was being killed. Common flats if so.

Just had another thought, a disappointing one if it nick turns out to be the killer.
    We now have Dot killing nick or owning up to have done so, but with an accomplice.
    What if this storyline goes full circle?. Nick killed Lucy for whatever reason, Peter or Ian find out and goes onto kill nick in a rage. Dot being dot confesses feeling the beales have been though enough or some other reason. Won't explain the Brannings involvement though.
    Myself I'd like 2 separate storylines, but there have been programmes I've watched where a family member go on to kill the killer.
  • Options
    ArthurJBearArthurJBear Posts: 6,909
    Forum Member
    Has there been any more news on the 'Golden Ticket - Who Killed Lucy?' Competition?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think this is one of the reason I think it's Cindy, as she doesn't seem a very warm character and I could see her being a killer!!! I could also see someone, most probably Jane, helping cover for her because wasn't she pregnant at the time? Or had the baby, but either way, a baby was involved and they didn'tw ant her mum banged up.

Yes, she was around 3 months pregnant then. And if Cindy had killed Lucy, and if in a certain circumstance, like not set out to then I'd think Jane would stand by Cindy and help cover for her. The way Emma asked to hear it all from
    the beginning makes me think the killer hasn't been a suspect. I think cindy killed Lucy also.
  • Options
    Ten_BenTen_Ben Posts: 2,534
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yes, she was around 3 months pregnant then. And if Cindy had killed Lucy, and if in a certain circumstance, like not set out to then I'd think Jane would stand by Cindy and help cover for her. The way Emma asked to hear it all from
    the beginning makes me think the killer hasn't been a suspect. I think cindy killed Lucy also.

So who did Emma meet in the park? Jane?

I can see it being Cindy / Jane. It's difficult to believe anyone outside the Beales would have the long-term, world-turning upside-down significance that has been promised.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Has there been any more news on the 'Golden Ticket - Who Killed Lucy?' Competition?

Think it's next week. Will keep an eye open
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ten_Ben wrote: »
    So who did Emma meet in the park? Jane?

I can see it being Cindy / Jane. It's difficult to believe anyone outside the Beales would have the long-term, world-turning upside-down significance that has been promised.

Could Possibly have been Jane she met in the park. The night before in the Vic Emma did look uncomfortable when Jane told her to back off, and Emma wasn't comfortable being left alone when meeting up with the killer.
  • Options
    Blowpop27Blowpop27 Posts: 201
    Forum Member
    Just had a thought if inspired by Broadchurch, then Ian would of been with a woman in a car park and close to where Lucy was being killed. Common flats if so.

Just had another thought, a disappointing one if it nick turns out to be the killer.
    We now have Dot killing nick or owning up to have done so, but with an accomplice.
    What if this storyline goes full circle?. Nick killed Lucy for whatever reason, Peter or Ian find out and goes onto kill nick in a rage. Dot being dot confesses feeling the beales have been though enough or some other reason. Won't explain the Brannings involvement though.
    Myself I'd like 2 separate storylines, but there have been programmes I've watched where a family member go on to kill the killer.

I think Nick is in the heart of this & the upcoming storyline with Dot makes this seem even more likely. I think the Cokers are mixed up in it. They moved the body as Nick told them he would spill the beans about them "burying him" if they didn't. I think one of the Cokers met Emma in the park & the secret she couldn't keep is the fact that Nick is alive. They were the ones that also did not inform the ambulance that Emma had been run over & just let her walk off without medical attention.
    I think either Peter or Ian will kill Nick & Dot will take the blame.
  • Options
    JamieHTJamieHT Posts: 12,207
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    llgx wrote: »

I don't think it was a deliberate murder.
  • Options
    Ten_BenTen_Ben Posts: 2,534
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Blowpop27 wrote: »
    I think either Peter or Ian will kill Nick & Dot will take the blame.

They should make Nick's death a mystery whodunnit to keep us entertained for another twelve months :D

Potentially, any of the Mitchells or even Charlie could kill him as well. They'd all have a motive.