Options

WTF is that new character in Hollyoaks ?

Comments

• Options
    HankshawHankshaw Posts: 4,224
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just remember how George came into the show. Camp, annoying, OTT, badly acted. He soon settled into the role and proved one of the better actors on the show. I don't mind this Scott and hopefully he improves as time goes on.
  • Options
    lulu glulu g Posts: 52,649
    Forum Member
    Hankshaw wrote: »
    Just remember how George came into the show. Camp, annoying, OTT, badly acted. He soon settled into the role and proved one of the better actors on the show. I don't mind this Scott and hopefully he improves as time goes on.
    I'm afraid I never liked George at any time.
  • Options
    lulu glulu g Posts: 52,649
    Forum Member
    mercury01 wrote: »
    And this thread and the comments in it are the reason people hate DS forums. Grow up!
    In fairness, most of the comments are that people find the character annoying. What's so terrible about that? I'm pretty sure we're meant to find him annoying.
  • Options
    dee123dee123 Posts: 46,271
    Forum Member
    And this thread and the comments in it are the reason people hate DS forums. Grow up!

We've been burned too many times with Sean Tully overload. It's not our fault.
  • Options
    dee123dee123 Posts: 46,271
    Forum Member
    Hankshaw wrote: »

George had an kind of innocence to him. Not this guy.
  • Options
    Chase_HamylnChase_Hamyln Posts: 136
    Forum Member
    Irma Bunt wrote: »
    I quite agree. But some of these comments seem to stem from jealousy - one can guess why - than genuine criticism. That, of course, says more about the posters than it ever could the actor in question.
    It has nothing to do with "jealously". He's genuinely annoying and the actor is terrible.
  • Options
    cjsmummycjsmummy Posts: 11,079
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    He's very annoying.
  • Options
    craig_25craig_25 Posts: 2,990
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It has nothing to do with "jealously". He's genuinely annoying and the actor is terrible.

Lol I don't see what there is to be jealous of? As above, the character has made an OTT entrance, and within his first 5 minutes completely misjudged Esther and vowed to 'make that skank pay' who does that???

The character is very nasty and completely annoying, and given that he has no formal training in the craft, the actor is terrible.
  • Options
    Soapfan678Soapfan678 Posts: 3,352
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    He looks like Stevie from The X Factor.
  • Options
    mercury01mercury01 Posts: 418
    Forum Member
    The fact is a lot of the comments in this thread have nothing to do with the show or the character but about the actor himself. Personal things such as "his teeth are horrendous" and "he's got such a punchable face" and even " at least he wasn't cast for his looks". These are all quotes from posts in this thread. You honestly think this is harmless discussion?

Criticise the show, the direction, the writing even the acting if you like but when you sway into personal territory you are no longer critiquing. You are bullying.

If those comments were said on Twitter of Facebook or another social media platform they would rightly be considered cyber bullying or trolling or whatever the correct term is. Just because you are saying them in a fairly unmoderated forum doesn't make it better. The people who made such comments should be thoroughly ashamed of themselves
  • Options
    DeschanelDeschanel Posts: 8,745
    Forum Member
    The fact is a lot of the comments in this thread have nothing to do with the show or the character but about the actor himself. Personal things such as "his teeth are horrendous" and "he's got such a punchable face" and even " at least he wasn't cast for his looks". You honestly think this is harmless discussion?
    BIB: I read that as criticism of the character, not the actor. It's the actor's choice to pull that arrogant, bitchy smirk face, while vowing to "make that skank pay", so it's the character that comment is aimed at. It would be actor bashing if the actor is like that in real life, but I can't imagine he is. That last comment you highlighted definitely crossed a line.

He is an annoying character, and he does kinda make you want to violently shake him. I have no problems with camp, flamboyant characters, but those characteristics have been magnified by 100 - the clothes, the fake tan, the attitude and personality are all completely OTT on an epic scale.

His first episode, and he's straight in there with the nastiness, and general obnoxiousness. It's all not helped by his unbelievable dialogue, like vowing to make Esther pay. As someone else said: who does that? Esther has to be one of the most inoffensive, innocent characters ever, so having the new guy arrive and instantly vow revenge on her, is like him vowing revenge on an innocent kitten - a good way to alienate viewers.
  • Options
    srhgtssrhgts Posts: 8,939
    Forum Member
    Irma Bunt wrote: »
    I quite agree. But some of these comments seem to stem from jealousy - one can guess why - than genuine criticism. That, of course, says more about the posters than it ever could the actor in question.

Jealousy of what? :confused:
    He's a crap, incredibly annoying character already, that's all there is to it. There are more than enough nasty characters, another one is totally unnecessary. Not least when he just seems exactly like Sinead, who's already pretty unpopular for being so vile.
    I agree with whoever said criticism of the actor's appearance is not on at all, there's no need for that.
  • Options
    LHolmesLHolmes Posts: 13,887
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    He's so close to Sinead yet she's never mentioned him before.
  • Options
    Hound of LoveHound of Love Posts: 80,118
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    trevon1 wrote: »
    Can't stand him. Detestable.

Just like Sinead!
  • Options
    seventhwaveseventhwave Posts: 4,967
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Is it true the actor was the kid from the "They're gonna taste great!" Frosties ad? If so, the deck was never stacked in his favour ...
  • Options
    fairyfruitcakefairyfruitcake Posts: 1,475
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The fact is a lot of the comments in this thread have nothing to do with the show or the character but about the actor himself. Personal things such as "his teeth are horrendous" and "he's got such a punchable face" and even " at least he wasn't cast for his looks". These are all quotes from posts in this thread. You honestly think this is harmless discussion?

Criticise the show, the direction, the writing even the acting if you like but when you sway into personal territory you are no longer critiquing. You are bullying.

If those comments were said on Twitter of Facebook or another social media platform they would rightly be considered cyber bullying or trolling or whatever the correct term is. Just because you are saying them in a fairly unmoderated forum doesn't make it better. The people who made such comments should be thoroughly ashamed of themselves

I agree, it's vile and unfair. Criticise the character, the storyline and even the acting if you can quantify your criticism but leave the guy's appearance alone. He's a recognisable type and there are plenty of people just like him around
  • Options
    West End BoyWest End Boy Posts: 870
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Give him a chance! Remember when Anthony Cotton first appeared on the Street, on second thoughts scrub that! :o
  • Options
    EastenderstreetEastenderstreet Posts: 3,284
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    LHolmes wrote: »

yes that's true! just like Porsche, Celine and Cleo were never mentioned by of the McQueens before and then one they show up and they have this big family wedding as if they have been a close family unit, so many little things in Hollyoaks lately that really bug me

Also it hasn't been mentioned exactly how Scott is related to Sinead, I assume if he is her biological cousin he would have to be a nephew of Rob, Sinead's father but it would make more sense for him to be a nephew of Diane but then of course he wouldn't really be Sinead's cousin at all! I do hope its mentioned or it will just bug me ^_^
  • Options
    Gambit_is_aceGambit_is_ace Posts: 9,458
    Forum Member
    He is an awful character who annoys me already.
  • Options
    Chester666666Chester666666 Posts: 9,020
    Forum Member
    He's been tangoed
    He's gonna be stupid especially as he's encouraging Sinead
    And what sort of newcomer at a school asks pupils for image tips?
  • Options
    Littlegreen42Littlegreen42 Posts: 19,964
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Did they hire him as Rylan was unavailable?
  • Options
    Chester666666Chester666666 Posts: 9,020
    Forum Member
    LHolmes wrote: »

Another problem with the character
  • Options
    acid rainacid rain Posts: 6,997
    Forum Member
    Did they hire him as Rylan was unavailable?

LOL, I could see Rylan on the show.
  • Options
    EastenderstreetEastenderstreet Posts: 3,284
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    seriously what kind of gay man would think he could his cousin turn the gay man she loves straight!

the character of Scott gives the LGBT community a bad name and is a terrible representation
  • Options
    acid rainacid rain Posts: 6,997
    Forum Member
    seriously what kind of gay man would think he could his cousin turn the gay man she loves straight!

the character of Scott gives the LGBT community a bad name and is a terrible representation

To be fair the producers make up for it with John Paul.