Dancing on Ice 2011

cricket123cricket123 Posts: 542
Forum Member
✭✭
Hi, what skaters would you like to see in Dancing on Ice 2011.

Comments

• TraceyUKTraceyUK Posts: 2,382
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Pros or celebs?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,587
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Pro's

All of the pro's from this year again. They were a good set to have.
    I would like Lukasz in their as well but wouldn't know who to swap him with :(

Celebs.

I'd like them to actually be celebs. I'd hardly heard of any of them this year. If we have anyone like Chloe Madeley or Peaches on I won't watch it.

This year CD said it was a more level playing field he was wrong, it wasn't it was obvious who was going to win from week 1 like last year so next year I'd like the celebs to be of a similar standard.

Not so many famous for someone else celebs as well. I think listing some are really hard though.
  • tiddlebootiddleboo Posts: 1,827
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Chris Evans, he's always up for a sporting challenge. He could give his fee to charity, as could all of them.
    Who on here wouldn't pay to skate and learn with our pros?

Leon Jackson? He's probably not busy.

Wonder if Ruth Langford will get her chance next year, after making her dissapointment known. In a jokey way of course.

Nice to have Eammon Holmes on with her too, see who comes out on top. I bet Suzie would get him!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 154
    Forum Member
    Pro's
    Lukasz will be in next year
    I have heard that DOI are looking at some new pro's (they probably do every year and I don't know of any potentials names) so, on that basis, I would like Fred, Mel, Matt Evers & Frankie to be replaced as I've gone off them!

Slebs
    As long as I've heard of them, I don't mind. Wasn't Tracy Shaw auditioned this year? That guy called Danny from some fly-by-night defunct pop group was the stand by this year so I expect he'll get a chance. Then there's Ben Shephard who has tried to protest a little too much about not skating, I expect he's a dead cert to do it.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,437
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Rumbled wrote: »
    Then there's Ben Shephard who has tried to protest a little too much about not skating, I expect he's a dead cert to do it.

Considering how much he showed up Coleen on DoI Friday I think that's not a bad call!
  • Tiger RoseTiger Rose Posts: 11,786
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Rumbled wrote: »
    Pro's
    Lukasz will be in next year
    I have heard that DOI are looking at some new pro's (they probably do every year and I don't know of any potentials names) so, on that basis, I would like Fred, Mel, Matt Evers
    & Frankie to be replaced as I've gone off them!

Slebs
    As long as I've heard of them, I don't mind. Wasn't Tracy Shaw auditioned this year? That guy called Danny from some fly-by-night defunct pop group was the stand by this year so I expect he'll get a chance. Then there's Ben Shephard who has tried to protest a little too much about not skating, I expect he's a dead cert to do it.

It would make sense if Lukasz was a pro next year.

I would be very shocked if Fred, Mel & Matt were not invited back next year, along with Dan & Maria. I think these are the only pros who are certain to be invited back IMO.

There is also the possibility that as with Kristina this year that people choose not to come back. I am sure Maria must find it very difficult to spend time away from her boy so I wouldn't be that surprised if she decided not to return.
  • thenetworkbabethenetworkbabe Posts: 45,600
    Forum Member
    Eviesmum wrote: »
    Pro's

All of the pro's from this year again. They were a good set to have.
    I would like Lukasz in their as well but wouldn't know who to swap him with :(

Celebs.

I'd like them to actually be celebs. I'd hardly heard of any of them this year. If we have anyone like Chloe Madeley or Peaches on I won't watch it.

This year CD said it was a more level playing field he was wrong, it wasn't it was obvious who was going to win from week 1 like last year so next year I'd like the celebs to be of a similar standard.

Not so many famous for someone else celebs as well. I think listing some are really hard though.

It should have been a race though. It was predicatable that Hayley ought to be good - just not how good. Daniella had potential but it seemed to peak or her routines stopped evolving. They had 4 or 5 potentially strong males so it was a fair bet one would achieve more. In the event the actors didn't really show it , the dancer didn't perform and the fit young males were either not dtrong enough, too lasnky or were not pushed into doing anything better. They seem to have a real problem finding males who end up being really good but don't start being really really good.

If I was them I would look very seriously at not casting tall people, older people and young people and actors who can't dance. The models are there of who might do well so you would think they would at least get 3-4 people in who fit the winning designs before they add some people who will do well but may have a limitation and then start filling up with other types.
  • xKatieLxxKatieLx Posts: 4,400
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Pros

Would love Matthew, Andrei & Susie to return but I'm not sure if they will.

Would like Fred & Mel back cause there routines are excellent.

I think Lukasz will join as Alexandra is already there.

Matt & Dan will be back nearly for certain. Frankie, Pavel & Brianne may return wouldn't miss them too much tbh.

Mollie is very unlikely to return a new pro who left in Week 2.

Stuart might leave also wouldn't miss him too much tbh.

Maria not sure cause she's a son miles away and I wouldn't miss her at all tbh.
  • caz789caz789 Posts: 4,014
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Jedward:D
    They can rollerblade.
  • KnowAll27KnowAll27 Posts: 2,639
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I would imagine Matt, Daniel, Frankie, Fred, Mel, and Maria are probably the 'safest' pros to return; and I wouldn't be surprised to see Alexandra and Lukasz as well.

In terms of celebs, I understand there's an audition process before thet select the final line-up; surely that gives them the chance to sort the wheat from the chaff and create as level a playing field as possible. Whilst Jeremy and sharron didn't live up to the potential expected of them due to their backgrounds, and Sinitta may have done well if it hadn't been for that lift, surely anyone could have seen that Bobby and Dr Hillary (and Todd and Colleen last year) were no-hopers from the off, and would be taking up a place in the show that could have been taken by someone more who could have levelled the playing field and made it more interesting.

You only have to look at series 3, where the stand-by (Zaraah) proved to be much better than some of the no-hopers they wheeled out (Aggie, Sarah Greene) and made the final race much more exciting.

Sometimes they get it wrong Samantha Mumba, who would probably have been good if she could have been bothered, but sometimes the selection process beggars belief!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 385
    Forum Member
    Comedy Dave from the Chris Moyles show has already had a taster and they said they'd invite him for a test for next year. I also would bet against Peter Andre doing it.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 154
    Forum Member
    Comedy Dave from the Chris Moyles show has already had a taster and they said they'd invite him for a test for next year. I also would bet against Peter Andre doing it.

Now you see, you've already lost me. Who is Comedy Dave? Mr Andre I wouldn't mind but please, not his ex
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 29
    Forum Member
    Hasn't Alan Carr said he would love to do it? would be brilliant if they could get him on!!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    mrsbobbins wrote: »
    Hasn't Alan Carr said he would love to do it? would be brilliant if they could get him on!!

I would love him to do it. :D

I'd like them to try and get people who match at least one of very famous or could be very good at skating. And put 2 people who are awful for a laugh.
  • Patti-AnnPatti-Ann Posts: 22,747
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well there's bound to be a number of soap actors - there always is;)

How about either Ant or Dec - or Dermot O'Leary:D

We could always end up with one of the Loose Women again:o
  • jill1812jill1812 Posts: 12,560
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Pros
    Would like to see al of them return except Matt, Maria and Dan or if the do return they're paired with Kim from How Clean is your House, Biggins and Ann Widdicome respectively.

Celebs.
    If were to have another Loose Woman it has to be Jodie Prenger, paired with Fred preferably.
    Olly Murs
    Ant and /or Dec
    For a sportswoman how about Victoria Pendleton, no idea if thats practical, probably isn't given the cycling world championships have just been on
  • tilly07tilly07 Posts: 491
    Forum Member
    mrsbobbins wrote: »

I would love that, he would be my dream contestant. Love him !
  • SuesSues Posts: 1,475
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    How about Eddie Izzard
  • TraceyUKTraceyUK Posts: 2,382
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    WOuld like actual celebs for a change like series one when we had John Barrowman. and not some nobody that know one knows.
  • CombatHamsterCombatHamster Posts: 2,470
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    TraceyUK wrote: »
    WOuld like actual celebs for a change like series one when we had John Barrowman. and not some nobody that know one knows.

John Barrowman wasn't nearly as well known then as he is now though!

You're unlikely to get a lot of very well known people on this sort of show tbh, though I agree with the people who are saying Alan Carr would be excellent. :D
  • Tiger RoseTiger Rose Posts: 11,786
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    jill1812 wrote: »
    Pros
    Would like to see al of them return except Matt, Maria and Dan or if the do return they're paired with Kim from How Clean is your House, Biggins and Ann Widdicome respectively.

Celebs.
    If were to have another Loose Woman it has to be Jodie Prenger, paired with Fred preferably.
    Olly Murs
    Ant and /or Dec
    For a sportswoman how about Victoria Pendleton, no idea if thats practical, probably isn't given the cycling world championships have just been on

I think the fact that it would be only be a year or so before London 2012 is more pertinent to it being impractical for her or any other prospective 2012 olympian.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Get famous celebs and celebs that can skate.

I would also

Ditch Nicky & Emma from the judging panel.
    Decent music.
    Give them longer to train before the show begins so there all better.
    Give pros like Fred, Andrei, Susie good partners.
    Don't have a celeb who's much better than everyone else - Hayley, Ray.
    More themed weeks.
    More difficult required element no pairs spiral.
    No FLYING!!!!!
    Skate on a frozen lake with a shark underneath. (To see if your still reading)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 21
    Forum Member
    xKatieLx wrote: »
    Skate on a frozen lake with a shark underneath. (To see if your still reading)

And slowly turn up the tempeture :D
  • Totally WickedTotally Wicked Posts: 2,791
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Shouldn't the title of this thread be:

Dancing on Ice 2011 HD
  • GillT07GillT07 Posts: 1,459
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Angela Ripon might be good - though people would immediately shout that she had an unfair advantage because of her dancing.
    But she would be an older contestant too.

Gordon Brown may be unemployed soon. ;) :rolleyes: