Daily Politics - PMQs - 13/03/2013 - The only way is Pope

Comments

• Options
    apaulapaul Posts: 9,846
    Forum Member
    Neither
    dome wrote: »
    Better tell Miliband, he is always referencing letters. :D

Yes, it's lame when Ed does it and just as bad from Cameron. On balance, Ed does have the slightly better joke writer, not that it means much.
  • Options
    divingbboydivingbboy Posts: 14,074
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Good for Sarah Wollaston, challenging the PM on alcohol pricing.
  • Options
    heikerheiker Posts: 7,029
    Forum Member
    divingbboy wrote: »
    Good for Sarah Wollaston, challenging the PM on alcohol pricing.

Nanny state interference
  • Options
    LostFoolLostFool Posts: 90,662
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    heiker wrote: »
    Did that win Eastleigh :eek:

Did you notice who he was up against? A lunatic Conservative woman and a celeb Labour placeman.
  • Options
    sensoriasensoria Posts: 4,682
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ed Miliband
    Public vote so expect a lot of votes to not go to Cameron as only a fool could claim he was better..........or wallster
  • Options
    northantsgirlnorthantsgirl Posts: 4,663
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I note the poll has changed this week from who performed best to who looks more prime ministerial. Is this because it is more easy for Cameron to look prime ministerial because he is, er, PM? Anyhow it doesn't appear to have paid dividends this week!
  • Options
    RaferRafer Posts: 14,231
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Neither
    LostFool wrote: »
    Yes, I think the "brewery" line would have been better if it had come from a back bencher but Ed clearly thought it was such a good joke that he wanted to use it himself - unfortunately he had nothing to back it up with and Labour don't have a settled policy on alcohol pricing either.

The brewery joke was in the wrong place. If it were me. I'd use the brewery line in the sixth question and finish on a high. Using it at the start means he started well but went out with a whimper. Cameron was constant. He started poorly and didn't get any better or worse.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 14,922
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

:confused: Care to explain? :confused:
  • Options
    hustedhusted Posts: 5,287
    Forum Member
    Ed Miliband
    I've seen Cameron more rattled, but never seen him so far out at sea.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    WindWalker wrote: »
    :confused: Care to explain? :confused:

I would have thought that an explanation was unnecessary :confused:
  • Options
    shortyknickersshortyknickers Posts: 2,488
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ed Miliband
    Second week in a row i voted for Ed and it was a much clearer win this week. DC floundered and blusterred, he knows he is in trouble

Theresa wasnt on the front bench :D its fun watching them implode
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Second week in a row i voted for Ed and it was a much clearer win this week. DC floundered and blusterred, he knows he is in trouble

Theresa wasnt on the front bench :D its fun watching them implode

The 16+ votes that Miliband gets today in reality go to the first joke writer not the first joke deliverer.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Ed Miliband
    Guido Fawkes ‏@GuidoFawkes
    Best question ever from Ed #PMQs

Paul Waugh @paulwaugh (Editor-in-Chief of PoliticsHome)
    Zing! That's got to be Miliband's best opener at #PMQs since he took the job.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I would have thought that an explanation was unnecessary :confused:

Were you referring to a questioner at PMQ? Which one?
  • Options
    rusty123rusty123 Posts: 22,872
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    husted wrote: »
    Interesting question about bedroom tax and couples who are separated but still live together.

Bit of a desperate scenario to argue don't you think?
    Perhaps all couples should have a spare room - just in case their relationship goes t!ts
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Neither
    I've seen Cameron more rattled, but never seen him so far out at sea.

He's losing or lost the support of the party. The budget is when it kicks off (or doesn't) if it doesn't appease the backbenches. There's a chance he'll be out after the next election. I'll be suicidal to replace him before.

The labour party isn't immune either. Ed still hasn't done anything about Ed Balls. Who is the dangerous combination of being toxic, ambitious, and unsackable. Ed's position is in no way secure. But while the focus is on Cameron's job security, Ed becomes more secure by default.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Guido Fawkes ‏@GuidoFawkes
    Best question ever from Ed #PMQs

Paul Waugh @paulwaugh (Editor-in-Chief of PoliticsHome)
    Zing! That's got to be Miliband's best opener at #PMQs since he took the job.

I agree with Rafer, it should most definitely have been saved for question number six.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I voted Neither today but my vote wasn't registered :confused:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Ed Miliband
    Rafer wrote: »
    He's losing or lost the support of the party. The budget is when it kicks off (or doesn't) if it doesn't appease the backbenches. There's a chance he'll be out after the next election. I'll be suicidal to replace him before.

The labour party isn't immune either. Ed still hasn't done anything about Ed Balls. Who is the dangerous combination of being toxic, ambitious, and unsackable. Ed's position is in no way secure. But while the focus is on Cameron's job security, Ed becomes more secure by default.

If the budget is as bad as last year Dave could be toast. Last budget cost Tories about 10% in polls which hasn't been recovered. But I dont think it could possibly be that bad!

IMO Milliband is secure because it's harder to dump a Labour leader, Labour poll ratings are ok and he does have backbench support.

I agree Balls is a liability and IMO Darling should replace him. I think Darling could replace Balls without any loss of face and Balls could take a Letwin type job.
  • Options
    ExiledchillerExiledchiller Posts: 1,138
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ed Miliband
    These gags by Ex are great he always seems to catch the prime minister off guard
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    LostFool wrote: »
    Did you notice who he was up against? A lunatic Conservative woman and a celeb Labour placeman.

You've still not said what you mean heiker? :confused:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Neither

I agree Balls is a liability and IMO Darling should replace him. I think Darling could replace Balls without any loss of face and Balls could take a Letwin type job.

I think he's too ambitious for that. He seems totally oblivious to how toxic he is. One of the few good points Cameron made today was when he said he wanted Balls to remain in his job. Labour can't win any economic question with Balls.

The best course of action, if I were Ed, would be to leave him in place. Then not support him at the general election in the hope he gets unseated. He was very nearly unseated last time. Only when he stopped touring the country and showed his face in his constituancy, did the local party go to work. Even then it was the eleventh hour. If Ed sends him on a grand tour and get him doing some embarrassing speeches.
    Ed can be rid of him bloodlessly
  • Options
    Forum Member
    WindWalker wrote: »
    You've still not said what you mean heiker? :confused:

Mike Thornton, MP for Eastleigh, staggered to his feet when called by the Speaker and addressed his question to the PM in a rambling and unsteady manner that looked like he'd just polished off 15 pints of Tennent's Super Strength.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 33,260
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Mike Thornton, MP for Eastleigh, staggered to his feet when called by the Speaker and addressed his question to the PM in a rambling and unsteady manner that looked like he'd just polished off 15 pints of Tennent's Super Strength.

Is it just me or does the guy look like he's completely devoid of any gravitas. He'll vote how and when he's told...definitely Clegg's poodle.