Options

What is the worst thing to have happened in your life?

neck_clickerneck_clicker Posts: 220
Forum Member
Mine is getting assaulted in school - punched in the back of the neck for no reason, leading to cracking and clicking noises all the time which doctors say they can't fix. >:(

Comments

• Options
    louisa320louisa320 Posts: 7,459
    Forum Member
    So far losing my dad a few years ago!

You should go back and get a second opinion about your neck.
  • Options
    SemieroticSemierotic Posts: 11,132
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Dropping my Nokia 3310 into a pint.
  • Options
    Pull2OpenPull2Open Posts: 15,138
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Losing my Mum six years ago, tomorrow (5th Feb)
  • Options
    James FrederickJames Frederick Posts: 53,184
    Forum Member
    Watching my brother hooked up to life support
  • Options
    CroctacusCroctacus Posts: 18,298
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I get crackig and clicking noises in my neck when I move my head, I've never been punched in the neck though.

Being dragged off the street as a 10year old by a would be rapist would probably be my worst thing.
  • Options
    postitpostit Posts: 23,839
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Losing my parents and squatters taking over my house when I was on holiday
  • Options
    NX-74205NX-74205 Posts: 4,691
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Mine is getting assaulted in school - punched in the back of the neck for no reason, leading to cracking and clicking noises all the time which doctors say they can't fix. :mad:

Bloody hell, give it a rest. How many threads is it that you've started on the same subject? If your story is true, which I don't believe it is for a second, you need to seek professional psychiatric help.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Croctacus wrote: »
    I get crackig and clicking noises in my neck when I move my head, I've never been punched in the neck though.

Being dragged off the street as a 10 by a would be rapist would probably be my worst thing.

Hmm perhaps I would have had these cracks anyway, James Frederick also said he gets similar things with his neck. Good to know I'm not the only one, because I blame the bully that did it to me so badly.
  • Options
    leicslad46leicslad46 Posts: 3,370
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The worse things that have happened to me is losing my dad to cancer in 2010 and being introduced to vodka as a result of dealing with my dad dying. I would really really really like to give up vodka but giving it up is an ongoing struggle that i am losing at the moment. Vodka is evil a drink that is hard to give up
  • Options
    Tess-gTess-g Posts: 29,050
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Mine is getting assaulted in school - punched in the back of the neck for no reason, leading to cracking and clicking noises all the time which doctors say they can't fix. >:(
    Are you looking for sympathy?

Having read the first few posts on this thread, I think you've come off lightly.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Tess-g wrote: »
    Are you looking for sympathy?

Having read the first few posts on this thread, I think you've come off lightly.

I just don't understand why he did it totally unprovoked. (I never even spoke to the bully who did it)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I just don't understand why he did it totally unprovoked. (I never even spoke to the bully who did it)
    Because he was a moron. How many years ago was this act that seems to have coloured your life ever since?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Tess-g wrote: »
    Because he was a moron. How many years ago was this act that seems to have coloured your life ever since?

10 or 11.

I can't accept "because he was a moron" I need to know why he was.

But when I contacted him online and tracked him down he denies doing it and says its my fault if I've let it ruin my life.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 375
    Forum Member

I do feel so sorry for your unfortunate assault at school, but every thread I go into I read about this! Why??😩😩😩
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    10 or 11.

But when I contacted him online and tracked him down he denies doing it and says its my fault if I've let it ruin my life.
    You tracked him down....years later? Wow.

You need to get over this, either by yourself or seek help because you are letting it ruin your life.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Pasty face wrote: »
    I do feel so sorry for your unfortunate assault at school, but every thread I go into I read about this! Why??😩😩😩

I'm looking for advice and closure.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 927
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm looking for advice and closure.

I reckon you're on the wind up tbh. Like I said before, many have suffered much worse and not let it "ruin" their lives. The real question would be why have you let this minor ailment "ruin" your life? If it hadn't been your neck you would have found some other excuse.
  • Options
    blitzben85blitzben85 Posts: 3,020
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I had fish and chips last Friday, got home and unwrapped them, I put my salt on and then unscrewed the bottle of vinegar and started to pour it on my chips only to drench them as there was no shaker. >:(

I was gutted, I still am now, I didn't eat the chips, too soggy. They are still on my plate on the side in my kitchen. The bread I buttered is now stale and the fish swam away.
  • Options
    AnitaSAnitaS Posts: 4,079
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    People are sharing personal, and traumatic experiences on this thread, yet it seems you only want to talk about your bullying incident. That's not very fair. I appreciate it's something that causes you distress, but don't ask others to talk about painful memories just so you can talk some more about your neck.
  • Options
    tim59tim59 Posts: 47,188
    Forum Member
    10 or 11.

I understand its was not a nice thing to happen, but as you say he was 10 or 11 well most kids of that age do stupid things same as they do when there in their teens, the best thing you can do is seek help of how to deal with it, for the rest of your life. As you are never going to know why. If your looking for advice then seek help, the truth is YOU are the only one how can put closure on it
  • Options
    Forum Member
    tim59 wrote: »
    I understand its was not a nice thing to happen, but as you say he was 10 or 11 well most kids of that age do stupid things same as they do when there in their teens, the best thing you can do is seek help of how to deal with it, for the rest of your life. As you are never going to know why.

No it was 10 or 11 years ago so we were about 14 years old... I would never punch someone in the neck at 14 years old as I was mature enough to know it was completely wrong.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    AnitaS wrote: »
    People are sharing personal, and traumatic experiences on this thread, yet it seems you only want to talk about your bullying incident. That's not very fair. I appreciate it's something that causes you distress, but don't ask others to talk about painful memories just so you can talk some more about your neck.

I'm sorry .. I agree with you, can a mod close this thread please.
  • Options
    StarpussStarpuss Posts: 12,845
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm sensing a theme here. I was going to post the most traumatic things that have happened to me but I have a feeling the OP is only interested in his own 'trauma' if indeed it actually happened. If he/she is on a wind up they should be ashamed of themselves.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Starpuss wrote: »
    I'm sensing a theme here. I was going to post the most traumatic things that have happened to me but I have a feeling the OP is only interested in his own 'trauma' if indeed it actually happened. If he/she is on a wind up they should be ashamed of themselves.

Yes of course it happened I wouldn't randomly make it up for no reason, unlike the bully I don't do things for no reason. :blush:
  • Options
    Hugh JboobsHugh Jboobs Posts: 15,316
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

This is the worst thing to have happened in your life, yet you've based your forum username on it?

OK.....