Options

Signs that you might be getting old.

Comments

• Options
    TakaeTakae Posts: 13,555
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    When you find yourself looking up at your child. It doesn't seem that long ago when your elbow brushed across the top of your child's head.

When you rely on your child to translate today's slang. "Sick? Did your friend just say my painting's sick?" "He's saying it's good." "Sick is good?" "Yeah." "Oh."

When iconic actors and TV faces you knew from your childhood are starting to die.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 53,142
    Forum Member
    when you go to put the milk in the cupboard and the coffee in the fridge lol
  • Options
    21stCenturyBoy21stCenturyBoy Posts: 44,506
    Forum Member
    I'm 23 so hardly over-the-hill but I think teenagers are THE most ridiculous creatures.
  • Options
    pugamopugamo Posts: 18,039
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    This thread is hilarious. Knew we were knocking on when we started going to the shop in our slippers.

I've a pair of fake ugg slippers and I wear them everywhere, even in full view of the neighbours :eek:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Orangemaid wrote: »
    when you go to put the milk in the cupboard and the coffee in the fridge lol

Have you ever found your purse in the fridge? :D
  • Options
    shaddlershaddler Posts: 11,574
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    When your favourite music becomes 'retro'.
  • Options
    gingerjackgingerjack Posts: 1,917
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Realizing Honor Blackman is now 90 ,I used to fancy her.

Twice I have been asked , " am I OK to walk up some stairs "

Doing some work in sheltered housing some asked me "are you moving in ":o

seeing a woman walking along in a short skirt and high heels on a very cold day and thinking gosh , she must be cold :cry:
  • Options
    jrajra Posts: 48,325
    Forum Member
    bootyache wrote: »
    Can I ask, what's the average age of folk in this thread?

I'm not expecting peeps to say if they don't want to.

:)

51. :rolleyes:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    When your farts smell like tea and cabbage.
  • Options
    EbonyHamsterEbonyHamster Posts: 8,175
    Forum Member
    When you're tired all the time
  • Options
    Fibromite59Fibromite59 Posts: 22,518
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Beenbag wrote: »
    And when people start offering their seat on Public Transport port:(

I've had that happen to my quite a few times lately but I do have health problems so it's maybe not that surprising. However, my husband was with me at when I went for a hospital appointment last week and a young woman who was waiting for her own appointment stood up and offered her seat to my husband and he was very taken aback. Then a few days later at the dentist another woman stood up and asked him if he would like to sit down. He is rather shocked about it all.
  • Options
    gregrichardsgregrichards Posts: 4,913
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    When elderly women no longer call you "son".
  • Options
    Keyser_Soze1Keyser_Soze1 Posts: 25,182
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Lying very quietly in a large wooden box with the lid shut.
  • Options
    DixDix Posts: 79,142
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's Friday night & I've just thought to myself........"I'm really looking forward to bath, bed & book"

Speaking as someone who, no matter how tired or how long a day I'd had, if there was night out, I was there.

Does anyone else have symptoms of getting on a bit?
    Love your thread:D When I reached aged 11, first thought was that I'm old, and after 11 it all went downhill. :(
  • Options
    DixDix Posts: 79,142
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    degsyhufc wrote: »
    I was going to post a similar thread the other day.

The odd random pain when you get up in the morning.
    Last week it was my back. Like someone had punched me in the kidneys.

This week for a couple of days it was my feet. Not sure if it was the after effects of the weekend but I could hardly walk at one point.

Supermarket floors are a trial to walk on for ages, and when we go to the Mall, I bring sandals with me, as we tend to walk for hours there, and my feet become so painful, and I had to buy some bootee slippers once just to be able to leave the Mall. I even had to ask the shop assistants to look for a pair of bootee slippers I could use, which they did. :) My doc wanted me to walk for 30 minutes each day, but after doing that first time, I couldn't walk for rest of the week, so he can bog off with his wants! :D

Fond memories of when I was 10, and could walk barefoot on all surfaces, long days gone now, sad to say. Knocked my little toe and that put my knee out, and couldn't walk at all, but when I added a tubular bandage covering the knee, discovered I could not only walk but could run too. :)
  • Options
    JennyukJennyuk Posts: 20,910
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    When your mind tells you, you can do anything, then your body says no bl**dy way.:cry:

Looking at web sites and thinking those flat shoes with the velcro fastening look comfy. :cry:

When you get up at least 4/5 times a night to go to the loo.:blush:

When your grandson comes to visit you, and he tells you he's going for a pint with his mates, plus when did he grow a beard :o.

When you get a letter arrive and you open it only to find, its a request for a poo sample which you do over 3 days, then send it back to them. :blush::blush: ( I pity the person whose job is to test those )

When you have aches & pains in places you never used to have.

When you forget what you was going to say, and ask your OH " what was i going to say" and he looks at you bemused. :D

When you start plucking your chin hair. :o
  • Options
    SULLASULLA Posts: 149,789
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Jennyuk wrote: »
    When your mind tells you, you can do anything, then your body says no bl**dy way.:cry:

Looking at web sites and thinking those flat shoes with the velcro fastening look comfy. :cry:

When you get up at least 4/5 times a night to go to the loo.:blush:

When your grandson comes to visit you, and he tells you he's going for a pint with his mates, plus when did he grow a beard :o.

When you get a letter arrive and you open it only to find, its a request for a poo sample which you do over 3 days, then send it back to them. :blush::blush: ( I pity the person whose job is to test those )

When you have aches & pains in places you never used to have.

When you forget what you was going to say, and ask your OH " what was i going to say" and he looks at you bemused. :D

When you start plucking your chin hair. :o

Most of these.

Am no longer busy and just want the quiet life with a regular routine.

Anything different causes me to panic a bit. :o
  • Options
    JennyukJennyuk Posts: 20,910
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    SULLA wrote: »
    Most of these.

I agree with you, but that still doesnt answer my question " Why when i ask you, what was i going to say, you dont know" :D:D:D:D:D;-)
  • Options
    DiamondDollDiamondDoll Posts: 21,460
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    DS at its best.

Thanks for a good laugh guys. :D:D:D
  • Options
    annette kurtenannette kurten Posts: 39,543
    Forum Member
    SULLA wrote: »
    Most of these.

Jennyuk wrote: »
    I agree with you, but that still doesnt answer my question " Why when i ask you, what was i going to say, you dont know" :D:D:D:D:D;-)

oh get a room you two.

oh....hang on.
  • Options
    Another POVAnother POV Posts: 2,214
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Grey and white hairs when before there wasn't any there.

Reaching down to pick something up and finding the floor is further away then it was before.

Seeing human civilisation how it really is, and not how you thought it was.
  • Options
    Raring_to_goRaring_to_go Posts: 20,565
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I’m 74

It’s time to go shopping so I go into the kitchen for the shopping voucher....then I forget why I have gone into the kitchen :o
  • Options
    Another POVAnother POV Posts: 2,214
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

58 going on 59.
  • Options
    BerBer Posts: 24,562
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    When you actually start reading through those little 'innovations' insert booklets in the Sunday papers thinking 'oooh, that would be useful'.

When, after typing this out you find out the innovations catalogue was discontinued over 10 yrs ago!
  • Options
    SJ_MentalSJ_Mental Posts: 16,138
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

38 but feel 98 :blush: